No announcement yet.

CarTest - Advanced Vehicle Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is probably caused by Ackermann accuracy. Set it to 0 in vehiclemovementcomponent and see if it works properly now. If it does, then you'll have to follow the Timeline workflow instead of using steering angle.
    FREE Color LUT Collection
    FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
    GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
    Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
    Camera Crossfade
    Portfolio

Comment

Jacky
      Thanks for the info, it was the Ackermann accuracy.
      About that timeline method, for what should i use it, for the steering wheel?
      Because it works like before, i set Ackermann accuracy to zero but now all front brake calipers works, but without it just my steering wheel works.

Comment

Oh yeah, you'll use the Timeline for the steering wheel rotation. For calipers however, you can do a lookat rotation system like the advanced vehicle BP i think.
        Camera Crossfade
        Portfolio

Comment

Jacky
          Thanks for the help so far!
          The timeline method won't work/look too good, if i am using a gampad (have any value between -1,1) for that i would need much more timeline node, wouldn't it be easier if i am using the value of "Get Steer Angel" with a "Clamp (Float)" node so the steering wheel rotate symmetrical?
          Also i have sorted out the calipers problem, without the need to add any, Look At node or by setting the Ackermann accuracy to zero.
          First you need to pull of two values from the wheels array because one for the left and another for the right (the left one, and the right one is always different if any Ackermann accuracy is applied).
          Use the above mentioned two values on your desired bones!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IluRx1m.png
Views:	1
Size:	395.5 KB
ID:	1087259

Name:	KM3W2aB.png
Size:	464.8 KB
ID:	1087260

Name:	l0SYigQ.png
Size:	591.7 KB
ID:	1087261

Comment

Originally posted by Balint3DDesign View Post
            First you need to pull of two values from the wheels array because one for the left and another for the right
            Hah! That's smart. And yeah, i suppose clamping would work too.
            Thanks for sharing! Wish i could get back to my own vehicle now.
            Camera Crossfade
            Portfolio

Comment

Jacky
              Thanks for the kind words!
              Also i have dropped the clamping idea and made the steering wheel to work correctly.
              Just switch out the clamp node to a float+float and divide that by 2, so you got an average value of it, and than it only needs multiplication!
              I hope, you will get back to it!

Comment

UPDATE:
                I uploaded my 7th build of my project.
                I have added an very low graphics setting and reduced the build size, the new car "HOLLO" got some visible damage also 5 LOD's too.
                In HOLLO's interior now the radio works too (if you switch music the displayed title switch too), also the interior got textures, but the speedometer's isn't finished yet (it's jut an image projected on the speedometer, )!
                Here is an image from the interior:

Name:	IF0tAXR.jpg
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	1088018

Comment

This is awesome Balint3DDesign! . Are you still planing sell this on marketspace or somewhere?
                  pd: Excuse my English.

Comment

Alexarg
                    Thanks for the reply!
                    Yeah, i am planning to sell this project on the marketplace for 10$!

Comment

instabuy for me , can't wait!

Comment

UPDATE:
                        Hi, guys!
                        I have finished, working on the car interior and to celebrate this i have updated the project to the 4.9.1 version.
                        But that was not my best idea (luckily i have multiple backups from my project).
                        I think some changes was made to the colliders in the engine.
                        So the problem is that, in the previous version 4.8.3 the damage using morph targets/colliders was working correctly but with 4.9.1 just isn't.
                        When you get some damage on the car, with 4.9.1 the car mesh starts flickering when it's moving.
                        I have uploaded two new builds (CarTest_4.8.3_X86/CarTest_4.9.1_X86) none of the two was anything changed by hand.
                        Someone have any idea, to fix this issue?
                        Last edited by Balint3DDesign; 09-27-2015, 09:26 AM.

Comment

UPDATE:
                          Hi!
                          The above post of mine, has been succesfully reported and got a ticket number: UE-21684.
                          I have uploaded another build, accurately the eighth.
                          You can see the new things added to this build on the first post.
                          The next feature will be the, "Tire Stop Bug, if the handbrake is used while the car is still, and then you add some throttle, after a few seconds it stops spinning for a moment then, it's continues to spin and this goes all over again" and the "Tire Skidmarks if Brake or Handbrake is used."
                          Someone have any idea, why is the first happening?
                          Also how should i approach the Tire Skidmark with only using Blueprints?

Comment

UPDATE:
                            Hi, guys!
                            I have some great news, i uploaded the nineth build, of my project.
                            The new things added to this build are visible on the first post.
                            Also it needs only some minor work and finally i can submit it to the marketplace!

Comment

Hi! I donwload the last build, really nice, I will buy it as soon it get to the marketspace =)
                              A question: The car skeletal mesh needs some specific settings?, like some specifics bones, weights, etc? Just wondering how difficult is to add custom cars to the project.

Comment

Alexarg
                                Hi!
                                Thanks for the question!
                                I have used Blender for the car and i don't know if it can be done with other programs.
                                First it didn't need any rigging (bones) in Blender, as you can see on the images i just have seperated those mesh that can move/rotate separately (Exterior, Interior, Wheels, Brake Pads).
                                All those separate meshes need to be a parent/child of the car main body mesh, also it's really important that the meshes names need to be the same as my HOLLO car, those names you can see too on the images (it's the UE4 one).
                                You don't need to have all of the "bone's", if you want you can just have a body mesh and four wheels, but then all those blueprints will be usesless and will waste resources from the computer.
                                You need to be sure that your car axis are correct too, if it's not then it will cause some problems, also as i mentioned on the first post when this project will be available on the Marketplace i will post a step by step tutorial on how to import cars into UE4 using Blender.

Name:	G9tCeDc.png
Size:	549.0 KB
ID:	1092169

Name:	5IFgnkv.png
Size:	537.2 KB
ID:	1092170

Name:	acm6CZb.png