No announcement yet.

[WIP] Sandbeach Ocean / Terrain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its been a while since ive heard any news on this.

Do you have any updates on the development?
    Im an Moderator on UnrealSlackers Discord! Which is a Community driven group of likeminded people here to discuss UE4! Join UnrealSlackers on Discord!

Comment

This looks fantastic! Good job. Looking forward to a release.

Comment

WOAH! this looks amazing!

I think the next thing to do with the shore line wave is make it ease into the shore, and ease out. Right now it rushes into shore then suddenly stops and recedes.

Honestly though, even if you couldn't work that out, this is really something awesome that just isn't done in games with water, and needs to be done, really well done!
        Developer of the party game "Metal Heads".
        www.metalheadsgame.com
        Follow on Twitter @MetalHeadsGame
        Follow on Facebook www.facebook.com/MetalHeadsGame.

Comment

Since there haven't been any updates for a long time: Can anyone explain how this shader works ? I really don't get how the waves change the landscape specularity. Any ideas how that works(which nodes do I need) ?
          And also the waves. Is the geometry used here still a simple plane and the rest of the waves just disappears in the landscape or is there a way to create a displacement effect that creates these waves ? I'm really curious...

Comment

Any updates yet?

Comment

Very nice work!

Hopefully this project isn't MIA as i haven't seen any updates as of late.

Twitter - @TheCSilverman

Ancient Cistern | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 1 | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 2 | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 3 | Texture Pack Ed. 1 | Container Pack Ed. 1 | Road Sign Pack Ed. 1

Comment

Like i said i will release it anyway, even if it unfinished. It runs smooth on my old pc, tbh there are not many things to overload it, just a couple of textures mixed up together [/QUOTE]

Hello Fewks,
                when did you release your wonderful Tool?
                Kind regards,
                haloungie

Comment

Like Otreum said, adding an ease-out and ease-in to the water on the shore will make the reverse much more realistic.

Comment

Is this project dead?

Comment

This is really cool, any news or update would be welcome.
                      We stay tune!
                      Linkedin | ArtStation | -SCIFI 'PROPS' PACK- | -SCIFI 'POPULATE' PACK- | Shooter Game Tutorial | StarDrop

Comment

I hope this is still being worked on.

I was rather impressed by his efforts and looked forward to seeing how far he could take it.

Would be nice to get an update.
                        Im an Moderator on UnrealSlackers Discord! Which is a Community driven group of likeminded people here to discuss UE4! Join UnrealSlackers on Discord!

Comment

Agreed. I still hope this surfaces, or at least joins with the Ocean Community Project.

Comment

I've searched for this on the market place. It appears it is still kept secret? I can not imagine such fine results would get shelved like this.
                            Eldridge Felder

Animation/Visualization Manager
                            WorthGroup Architects

Comment

OP, where are you? :|

Comment

Hello, i'm glad there are so many people interested in my work, and i've got quite a few responses on YT, mail and here on forums. Cheers \o/

Now about the reason i actually stopped working on it. Can't remember if i mentioned it before, but PC i was working on is 6-7 years old, so during the hot summer days my gfx card is literally melted, and i didn't have the resources to update it. Another reason is - i left my job and while searching for new one i had plenty of time to learn UE4 and work on this WIP. Then it was just a lack of free time.

Now i'm working on it again, but only for like 3-4 hours per week Also i changed it from just ocean/terrain shader to some kind of tropical island asset pack (with palms, plants, rocks etc.). It goes slow but i'll try and post some screenshots or a vid next week.

Cheers for all your responses! \o/

Comment

Working...
                                X