Helium Rain - A realistic space opera for PC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teaser !

Helium Rain, a realistic space opera - Full C++ sources available - Steam Greenlight | /r/unrealengine

Comment

Cool looking game - really nice aesthetic. Best of luck with it!

Comment

Nice thread, love the destiny looking UI (Though never played the game) and cool looking models, love the contrast between shapes.
        Keep them coming!
        Timothy Dries - Graduate Environment Artist

Comment

Well if you insist !

Helium Rain, a realistic space opera - Full C++ sources available - Steam Greenlight | /r/unrealengine

Comment

Originally posted by Gwenn View Post
            Teaser !

Looks great, what happens when ships fly near / into planets?
            Last edited by franktech; 12-26-2015, 10:25 PM.

Comment

This looks great, I can't wait to see more. I will definitely be following your devlog!

Comment

There is always more !

Originally posted by franktech View Post
                Looks great, what happens when ships fly near / into planets?
                They can't. Space is really really big and the battle above happens 1500km above the surface, going a few m/s isn't going to get you there.
                The game is cut into small (a few km wide) areas where stuff happens. Ships fly from one sector to another. We don't let the player fly outside a sector.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwenn View Post
                  We don't let the player fly outside a sector.
                  Interesting... How do you enforce that? ...Invisible barrier, self-destruct, stall-xyz / velocity halving algo, warning countdown, other...?
                  Last edited by franktech; 12-30-2015, 08:14 PM.

Comment

I would love to know the philosophy behind the awesome spaceship designs. Some really interesting visuals, and combined with that snazzy UI, just <3! And dat gif!

I am very impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by SlightlyLive View Post
                      I would love to know the philosophy behind the awesome spaceship designs. Some really interesting visuals, and combined with that snazzy UI, just <3! And dat gif!

I am very impressed.
                      Well the basic philosophy is to make them logical. Large ships need a centrifuge section for the crew, fighters have a hull shape that minimizes the cross section when attacking, engines and weapons are modular attachments, every ship needs dozens of RCS thrusters... We have a lot of exposed radiators as well, because in the real world that would be a necessity. The ISS actually has a very large cooling surface as well, for example. We put solar arrays on small craft, nuclear reactors on largest ships...

Once you've got all these constraints, it's really just a matter of designing a hull around all those components so that the ship makes sense.

Comment

I love the ship design in this game! Cant wait to see more updates because i'm a sucker for space games.

Comment

That is so cool.

Comment

Here's some more !

Comment

Helium Rain is now on Steam Greenlight !

For those who don't know Greenlight yet - it's the game submission system we have to use to get the game on the Steam platform. Games that gather enough votes get to be published on the Steam platform alongside regular titles.

We need your help to get Helium Rain published. If you want to see the game on Steam, you can vote for us, talk to your friends about the game, share our page, or just retweet us...

Here's our latest trailer. Everything is ingame content.

Thank you for following the project !

Comment

We're still on Steam Greenlight - we're now in the Top 20 games ! Thanks for those of you who helped

We're also working on the UI. Here's a shot of our settings menu with the dark theme. The player can activate a dark and light version of the background in different menus.

Comment

Working...
                                X