X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does not work

Comment

Hi Crocopede.
      First off: Thanks for this awesome tutorials!!
      Unfortunately i have a problem with your part 2 video.
      To be more specific: at the end,after setting everything up,when i try to climb by pressing the jump button,the character climb the ledge correctly,but then fall in the mesh and return to his initial climb state (when he's attached). It's like the ledge mesh doesn't have collision and so the character keep repeating the same state.
      I hope i've described the problem correctly.
      Thanks!
      Last edited by MustyMCQwark; 11-05-2016, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaller View Post
        Hi Crocopede.
        First off: Thanks for this awesome tutorials!!
        Unfortunately i have a problem with your part 2 video.
        To be more specific: at the end,after setting everything up,when i try to climb by pressing the jump button,the character climb the ledge correctly,but then fall in the mesh and return to his initial climb state (when he's attached). It's like the ledge mesh doesn't have collision and so the character keep repeating the same state.
        I hope i've described the problem correctly.
        Thanks!
        Hello. It's been more than a half year since you wrote this, but I just wanted to reply since I've been having what appears to be the same problem. By turning on the capsule i could see that although my character moved far enough up to by visually standing on top of the object, the capsule didn't move far enough up, so it still intersected with the object when the climb animation was finished, which caused the character to fall back into his previous state of hanging on to the ledge. The way that I fixed this (and your situation might not be the same, but it sounded similar) was by taking the ledge height vector we had made earlier, and move the capsule to the top of the ledge while the animation was playing with a variation of the system we used for moving the capsule to the wall in the first place.

changed up the blueprint like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ledgeFix.png
Views:	1
Size:	184.0 KB
ID:	1121918

It's not the most elegant solution, and my third person cam kind of bugs out, but it works. (note that my first person cam is fine though).

Edit:
        After some experimenting I sometimes run into a issue where the actor will relocate when climbing. I assume that is due to it not finding the x/y values that i insert into the vector properly. I'm not sure why this is, but I still think it's a good start. With the issue being the capsule not moving enough. I imagine I'll have to change the root animation in my animation, and then that will possibly make it work without the workaround I did.
        Last edited by Staude; 01-23-2017, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I just found your tutorial. I looked at part one, and everything is working fine but I can't seem to get my character's ledge hanging animation to play.

I've got this:

Name:	Ledge.png
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	1122752

And then in the anim graph I've got this:

Name:	anim.png
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	1122753

But it won't work. Additionally, my character can still move around freely. I'm using 4.13.1, so they probably changed it. Thanks if you can help.

Comment

Hi, Crocopede.
            Your tutorials are very useful. So thank you. But i've got one problem doing it.
            I have followed all 5 tutorials for my side-scroller game and everything works fine, but when my character grabs the wall and climbs on it or lets it go he can no longer rotate. And if i want to run backward he is moving backward, but plays the animation of moving forward (sorry for my bad english).
            How can i fix it?

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	1125903

Comment

Is there any possible way that you could update these tutorials?
              The new engine updates have rendered them almost entirely useless

Comment

Hi Everyone. Apologies for my sabbatical. Babies be popping out
                Washing bottles etc. Good times.

Placeholders are back up
                https://celestialarch.com/free-stuff/

Give me time to revisit the tutorials and update them. I am working on another project and will fill in where i have time between baby duties and eating
                http://celestialarch.com
                Free UE4 things available. More coming

Comment

Originally posted by KantoArt View Post
                  Hi, Crocopede.
                  Your tutorials are very useful. So thank you. But i've got one problem doing it.
                  I have followed all 5 tutorials for my side-scroller game and everything works fine, but when my character grabs the wall and climbs on it or lets it go he can no longer rotate. And if i want to run backward he is moving backward, but plays the animation of moving forward (sorry for my bad english).
                  How can i fix it?
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]135712[/ATTACH]
                  I am guessing but maybe the Root rotated and never turned back. a Lot has changed in the engine since these were released and some montage might be working differently. I can only guess and will have to revisit these.
                  http://celestialarch.com
                  Free UE4 things available. More coming

Comment

Working...
                  X