X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hi FTC,

I need your help

I want to change buttons to go up and down between ledges. To go down, I need to crouch, but I would like just click "Down" or "S" instead and to go up I need to jump ("Space"), but I would like just click "up" or "W".

Is that possible ? What can i do to do that ?

Thanks for your time

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It works :]
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can check this for sideways jumps:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	transitions.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	1111614

The build module regenerates the transition components when the construction script is run. That is why it is reset. You can however remove the transition builder entirely and add the transitions manually by right clicking on the zone and clicking on new transitions. You can then edit the transition, right click again choose pick transition target.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok. Thanks.
    Btw. There is component "Platform" doesn't uncheck "NeedJump" on ledge actor.
    Anyway thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=254473]PirateTony[/MENTION]:
    You can call LetGoOfZone or JumpUpZone from the character's movement component in Blueprints if you want to force transitions. The transition builders for ledges have a checkbox to set whether created transition need jumps or not. You can also directly set the necessary transition direction and jump requirement on the transition components of the zone.

greetings,
    FTC

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How to force leave zone without pressing "Couch (C)" (for example when interact on ledge or ladder actor) ? Where?
    How to leave zone just by continue moving or assign additional action like Jump (Space)?
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey,
    [MENTION=5445]dzodzu[/MENTION]: Yes a lot of animations have root motion. Some transitions however have special anim notify states that compensate for unwanted offsets ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBFE...hWhO5s0nDPyj2g ).

greetings,
    FTC

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is impressive.
    Are the animations based on root motion? I cannot find anywhere any good proper root motion controller, I wish someone made one.. ehhhh never mind..
    Still even if it's based on in place animations, you made an awesome job here.
    Cheers man, keep the great work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=4114]brunogruber[/MENTION]: Sorry I kind of neglected this thread, the videos are up: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...hWhO5s0nDPyj2g
    [MENTION=5532]fhl41[/MENTION]: It should work out of the box for windows and mac, otherwise you can either create a new project, or use an existing one. Then you add the Plugin to the Plugins folder of the project and in UE4 you need to add at least one C++ source file to it so that it becomes a C++ project. Then you can use UE4's Generate Project Files on the .uproject and the plugin code will automatically be loaded into the VS project file so you can compile everything.
    [MENTION=536]FrankieV[/MENTION]: I have thought about that as well, however at the moment my first priority is to implement multiplayer in the kit as well as adding a few more mechanics from feature requests afterwards.

For the future I recommend using the release thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Adventure-Kit since I will be posting further updates there.

greetings,
    FTC

Leave a comment:

• replied
    We are doing our own game mechanics but if the animations were cleaned up and polished we would be interested in purchasing them as a separate market place product.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    FTC how can we compile the plugin there is no project file can you explane it a little or give the vs2015 project file i use UE4 4.11.1 and can not start adventure kit

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome! Let us know when the videos are up

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi brunogruber,

the bugs have all been fixed and the update release is just a few days out. I am currently recording the last videos for a getting started tutorial series. Once that is done and uploaded I will release both at the same time. As for a demo, I have thought about it, however as far as I can tell there is no way to properly restrict a demo build without losing the features that a customer might be interested in. I could ship only the plugin's binaries so one would not be able to create a build of their project but that still leaves a ton of assets and handing out a very cut version of the kit wouldn't represent it very well.

That said, I am open to suggestions and releasing a usable demo is one of the things that has been in my mind for a long time, but I haven't found a solution that I am happy with as of yet.

greetings,
    FTC

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=5441]FTC[/MENTION] Any updates on this? I'm still very interested in buying it, but I would like to know if the bugs reported here have been fixed first. Also, is there any sort of demo that I can try on UE4? Not the game demos, but an actual thing I can import to a project and try it out before buying it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X