No announcement yet.

Adventure Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy cow! This looks absolutely fantastic! One question I had was how and when are you planning on distributing it?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick! View Post
      Holy cow! This looks absolutely fantastic! One question I had was how and when are you planning on distributing it?
      A question I think we're all interested in. This looks awesome!
      Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

This is very impressive great job!!! Keep it up!

Comment

Very impressive. Keep at it, can't wait to use this

Comment

Really CooL!!!

do you gonna release it?

Comment

Originally posted by son1cman View Post
              Really CooL!!!

do you gonna release it?
              Most likely, he released the Adventure Kit for free for the UDK, and he is porting it and making improvements to UE4. I would be surprised if it isn't released eventually.

Comment

Target lock and cycling with a circle strafe movement and attack around target lock...zelda style. Any ETA on a release? I would love to start playing with this.
                Portfolio
                Playable Prototypes
                Youtube
                Art Station

Comment

Update:
                  Implemented a new weapon type: A gun. When in third person mode it auto shoots the closest target. Furthermore the player can now lock to a target. Oh and the weapons finally do actual damage, indicated by the red flashes on the target dummies.

Originally posted by Nick! View Post
                  How and when are you planning on distributing it?
                  Originally posted by paingate View Post
                  Any ETA on a release?
                  I have been fiddeling with Plugins and so far it looks like the best way to go. As for when: Like last time, can't say, it's done when it's done.

Originally posted by son1cman View Post
                  do you gonna release it?
                  Yes.

greetings
                  Adventure Kit: UDK / UE4
                  Buy the Kit: Marketplace
                  Scan FX: Marketplace
                  www.freetimestudio.net
                  [Youtube][Twitter][Facebook]

Comment

rocking stuff! reminds me of fade to black for some reason, looking forward to messing around with this when it comes out keep powering ahead.

Comment

Wow you are fast! Great stuff man...eagerly waiting for this!
                      Portfolio
                      Playable Prototypes
                      Youtube
                      Art Station

Comment

This blockman has a gun, a lightsaber, and a batarang. If you give him a green lantern ring he'll be unstoppable! Great work so far, I look forward to seeing more.
                        Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
                        How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Hi,
                          You are a hero
                          I was thinking if ADV KIT is coming to UE4 and BOOOOM you made it... much appreciate it mate.

Originally posted by FTC View Post
                          Also...
                          Any Requests? I know First Person and Footstep Sounds as well as a wall colliding camera were frequently asked for in the old kit, so I will probably implement them with this one. I restructured how certain things work, so in theory it should be easier to add new mechanics.
                          I was wondering, since you're doing some weapon stuff, would it be possible to add an enemy sample to test the weapon/combat? another suggestion, it would be great that the enemy can be controlled by the computer and can do some of the player moves. For example, can shoot or maybe climb or whatever.
                          I know I'm asking for too much but it's suggestions at the end of the day and the choice is yours... Whatever you do is going to be awesome I'm sure just like UDK ADV KIT was simply a treasure...
                          Many thanks for your work and good luck

All the best
                          Raed
                          Raed Abbas
                          Multiplayer Game System (MGS) | Nice Inventory System | Nice Lobby System
                          Dynamic Shared Camera

IMDB
                          FACEBOOK

Comment

Re: Requests:

A mode where when the head/cam collides with a wall, it pushes the character's body back, would be epic. Though that's mostly useful for VR stuff, or to give a nicer interaction for when the player is ramming the character against a wall.
                            Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Small update this time. I am working on something big, but it isn't ready to be shown, yet

The first iteration of target locking was instant, now I added a smoother transition.

Originally posted by Raed Abbas View Post
                              I was wondering, since you're doing some weapon stuff, would it be possible to add an enemy sample to test the weapon/combat? another suggestion, it would be great that the enemy can be controlled by the computer and can do some of the player moves. For example, can shoot or maybe climb or whatever.
                              I will definitly do some sort of AI for testing the weapon system, especially once I have implemented blocks and/or block-breakers, but I cannot say how advanced it would be. However I doubt I will be able to get the AI following the player (e.g. Assassin's Creed style) because I doubt I will be able to rewrite the nav mesh generation to take all the mechanics into account in any reasonable amount of time. I will try to find a solution, but so far I have none.

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
                              Re: Requests:
                              A mode where when the head/cam collides with a wall, it pushes the character's body back, would be epic. Though that's mostly useful for VR stuff, or to give a nicer interaction for when the player is ramming the character against a wall.
                              Hmm... I definitly see your point, but I don't know how feasable it would be. I can already see problems coming up in situations where the camera and character end up being constrained in both directions by walls and then they would start pushing each other around making the character glitch away from where the player wants him to be. I also do not have a VR device, so I could not really judge the effect.

greetings
                              FTC
                              Adventure Kit: UDK / UE4
                              Buy the Kit: Marketplace
                              Scan FX: Marketplace
                              www.freetimestudio.net
                              [Youtube][Twitter][Facebook]

Comment

I agree, if it was simple I would have done it myself lol...
                                anyway, well done, looking forward to put my hands on it when it's ready any estimation of release date? or let's say how much is done so far?
                                Raed Abbas
                                Multiplayer Game System (MGS) | Nice Inventory System | Nice Lobby System
                                Dynamic Shared Camera

IMDB
                                FACEBOOK

Comment

Working...
                                X