No announcement yet.

[BP] Geographically Correct Sun System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you guys like it. ZacD, you can enhance on it as much as you like. I'm currently wrapped up with another project and I'll make a comeback to this in a couple of months. If you've done something with my system feel free to post it here or let me know one way or another (anybody who got this should have my email).
    Cheers,
    George
    George Cretu
    founder & executive CGArtefacts

Marketplace content - Photo Studio Pack
    BP-Geographically-Correct-Sun-System

Comment

Hey cgiteach, thanks for sharing this

I think I found a little bug, if you use any UTC time other than zero then the sun will freeze for a couple of seconds (it's probably noticeable only when the speed is set high ).

4.10 Update! -> [Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader
      WIP Interactive Water Shader, WIP 2D Water Sim
      WIP FFT Ocean w/ Foam, Quad-tree Infinite Ocean LOD

Comment

I think the sun should be turned off as it goes below the horizon. I have noticed the when I have actors the intersect my landscape mesh, as the sun goes under my landscape, the objects that intersect the mesh create light leaks.

Has any progress been made on your sun system? Does it work with 4.8.2?

www.aaronsmithey.com

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

I have added a moonlight and use for the moon this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Moon.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	355.5 KB
ID:	1084515

How can I apply the mond phase ( sunlight dot moonlight ) to the skyboximage ?

Comment

Originally posted by Heizer View Post
            How can I apply the mond phase ( sunlight dot moonlight ) to the skyboximage ?
            A fast and easy way would be to map the location and opacity of the moon relative to that of the sun, that is when the sun is bellow the horizon you make the moon appear and then rotate it relative to the position of the sun (easiest would be to invert the spherical position of the sun so the two are opposite)

I've recently downloaded my own blueprint at work and it took a while to get it working on a 4.9 project. I'll update it very soon and link everyone who downloaded/paid for it.
            Thanks
            George Cretu

Comment

https://gumroad.com/l/SunSystem
              I've updated the package on Gumroad. You can see it in action here: https://youtu.be/a2MIIvf2RDg?t=4m37s - The first part of the video is focused on setting it up.
              Let me know what you think of it.
              George Cretu

Comment

Are you planning on making this available for purchase again? I am very interested in buying it if you are.

Comment

Amazing work! thank you!

Comment

Anyone a suggestion how to proceed with the latitude and longitude in several parts of the world? What to use in this blueprint for N and W locations?

Comment

Hi people! I have some problems packaging my project, have someone else the same issue who can help me?

Thanks in advance
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X