No announcement yet.

Toon shading model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, when I download Arnage's version from Github, do I need to run setup.bat to get the dependencies, or can I just build it as is? I'm not sure if it will already have the dependencies or not.
    Last edited by Kreed; 09-21-2015, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreed View Post
      Hey guys, when I download Arnage's version from Github, do I need to run setup.bat to get the dependencies, or can I just build it as is? I'm not sure if it will already have the dependencies or not.
      Yes, run Setup and GenerateProjectFiles before you build it in visual studio like you would with the regular source from Epic on github.

Comment

Originally posted by Headstub View Post
        Yes, run Setup and GenerateProjectFiles before you build it in visual studio like you would with the regular source from Epic on github.
        Thanks. I figured as much, but I figured I would ask in case I could get by without waiting for downloads.

Comment

Okay, so the shader model itself is working fine and I can play the level in-editor just fine. however It /absolutely/ refuses to allow me to either build the lighting or to launch the level outside of the editor, rendering the whole thing entirely useless for the moment.

Error messages:
          On Build
          - Lighting build failed, Swarm failed to kick off

On Launch
          -
          LogPlayLevel: Running AutomationTool...
          LogPlayLevel: Access is denied.
          LogPlayLevel: copying UAT log files...
          LogPlayLevel: RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
          LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Build Task, Time: 3.756214
          LogPlayLevel: BUILD FAILED
          PackagingResults:Error: Error Launch failed! Unknown Error

So far I've tried:
          - Starting new project files/starting new levels
          - recompiling the source
          - recompiling the source in 'development' mode instead of 'development editor' (This goes smoothly and builds without error until I attempt to Start new instance, at this point it gives me a message that tells me the plugin 'OculusAudio' could not be found. I've found no fix for this, apparently it was an issue that was patched in an earlier version of the engine.)
          - redownloading the source and recompiling
          - moving the source from (E: drive to (C:

These issues ONLY appear with the Shader Model version of the engine, the regular source compiles and functions perfectly normally, the lighting rebuilds fine, the level is playable outside of the editor. 100% perfect, no issues.

At this point I can only assume its an error I'm making somewhere, but so far I've been totally unable to figure out where and any attempts I've made to get around the errors have just been met with new, even less well-documented errors.

If anyone has suggestions, I'd love to know. Thanks ahead of time!

UPDATE EDIT - Having had no luck getting the source to run properly on my workstation PC, I attempted to get it to work on a different machine. It works fine there so it must be something on my end causing the problem. I'll continue trying to narrow it down and update with a solution if I find one in the event anyone else has the same issue.
          Last edited by Kealani; 09-23-2015, 04:43 AM.

Comment

I need to Get back home and pick up this plug-in... It look really good. :<
            Unreal-Chan v1.2 is ready!
            Link

Twitch:/jvthewanderer Twitter:@JvtheWanderer

Comment

Keep in mind that this is based of the master branch, so don't do production work on it. There might be various issues such as the one Kealani had simply due to the work in progress on Epic's side.

Comment

Tried 3 time, everytime got this error: Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	1088059

Running windows10, is it the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by GrlmReaper View Post
                  Tried 3 time, everytime got this error: [ATTACH=CONFIG]58201[/ATTACH]

Running windows10, is it the problem?
                  No, your file path is too long. Try putting the folder higher up in the chain to reduce the path length. For example, instead of having "C:UnrealDev/Projects/CelShadeTest/Unreal-Master" try having it as "C:UnrealDev/Unreal-Master". I had the same problem and this fixed it for me:P

Comment

wow its working now, really impressive!! how add dark outline?

Comment

Originally posted by GrlmReaper View Post
                      wow its working now, really impressive!! how add dark outline?
                      You need a sepperate Post Process Outline Shader for that, which is not included in this. Google it and you will find some examples you could try to make.

But as Arnage said, don't try to build your games in this. It's made from the Master branch, which Epic are constantly making changes to and breaking stuff in the process. For example, I noticed that this build of the Master branch doesn't save your input mappings under Project Settings propperly. So I just use this to test my models and see how they look with this awesome shader I really hope this gets added to a future stable release of the Engine.

Comment

Ok thanks, in fact i want use this for making background for my webcomic, so its perfect for now like this

Comment

Looks like some more shader changes on master have made your PR unmergable. Wish someone from Epic would at least comment on your PR to give you an idea if they're thinking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vapes View Post
                            Looks like some more shader changes on master have made your PR unmergable. Wish someone from Epic would at least comment on your PR to give you an idea if they're thinking about it.
                            A quick look indicates that it should be a real easy fix to get it mergable again. I'll do so as soon as I have a moment to spare.

Unlike a bug fix PR this probably needs some dicussion internally so I wouldn't expect a decision too soon. Though a comment whether or not they are even considering it would be appreciated

Comment

Looks **** good. I've linked my unreal engine with my github account but it's not allowing me to download, maybe it takes time.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnage View Post
                                Unlike a bug fix PR this probably needs some dicussion internally so I wouldn't expect a decision too soon. Though a comment whether or not they are even considering it would be appreciated
                                Yeah, definitely. At least then you'd have an idea if it's something you need to constantly maintain in a mergable manner. One of the changes removed the hard coded max number of shader models, so maybe they're looking into a way to have new models added more generically. Ideally they could do it in a way that you could be this up on the Marketplace and make a few $ for the effort you've put in.

Comment

Working...
                                X