Toon shading model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheepShanker View Post
    After getting it up and running, the "Shading Model" drop down in the material editor isn't showing the toon option. I have an earlier 4.14 version that a friend built for me before, so I'm pretty sure I'm looking in the right spot, any thoughts?
    Are you sure you've built the correct branch (4.17.1-release-toon)?

Comment

We are getting a lighting bug in 4.17.2. Shadows are not working, and when the camera gets close to objects a strange shadow shape appears. Here's a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBbp...ature=youtu.be

Edit: We had forward shading on and deferred turned off. Stupid mistake. I'm going to leave this here in case anyone runs into the same issue.
      Last edited by Ore Creative; 10-06-2017, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Hello ! and nice work !
        The self shadow and the cast is not working ? I mean, it's very blur like a basic Shadow

Attached Files
        Last edited by erodann; 10-20-2017, 09:38 AM.

Comment

I found Toon Step Size is basicly fixed in my project.So I change

Code:
          GBuffer.CustomData.z = clamp(GetMaterialCustomData2(MaterialParameters), 0.001, 1);
          to

Code:
          GBuffer.CustomData.z = 1;
          GBuffer.CustomData.a = GetMaterialCustomData2(MaterialParameters);
          and that give me a chance to paint sobel inner line manualy.
          The next step I think is Stylized anisotropic specular.(and that's hard)
          Does anyone have any idea about this?

Comment

Most of the cel-shader stuff I've tried so far was a hack or used PP. Tried the latest UE4 livestream toon shader, too, but I didn't like the results. Spent a couple weeks looking for good methods of achieving cel-shaded effect and started to come to the conclusion that cel-shading is more easily done in Unity...

I really like how this one looks though, so want to give it a try.

Comment

Thank you so much for this shader model Arnage. And thanks Nate for making making a 4.17 version for it.
              Once I get a little more familiar with it, .I'll look into converting it for use with 4.19.

Anyone know if it's possible to use a CLUT with the shading levels/steps?
              Last edited by kusogaki77; 05-27-2018, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Cel shading is one of my favorite styles. Keep up the good work!
                CURRENT PROJECTS:
                PREVIOUS PROJECTS:SOCIAL MEDIA:

Comment

Any chance of a 4.18 version of this?

Comment

Stylized anisotropic specular Archived!And I moved ToonShading settings to a custom output node so it's much easier to integrate.

Just copy and paste MaterialExpressionClearCoatNormalCustomOutput.h and make some changes to generate my own function.
                    Another feature I did was NoL offset.That makes offset part of mat more likely to be in shadow.

Code:
                    float NoLS = NoL+(CustomData.y - 1);
                    And now .... run out of CustomData.
                    CustomData.x --blend
                    CustomData.y --NoL Offset
                    CustomData.z --Alpha for Sobel inner line
                    CustomData.a --not used yet(Opacity use it)

Comment

Originally posted by brisck1 View Post
                      Any chance of a 4.18 version of this?
                      Edit: Below linked 4.18 version works!

Hey brisck1! I haven't tested it yet, but it (at least) looks like Nate was working on it:
                      https://github.com/marynate/UnrealEn...8-release-toon

I'm not sure if it's done yet or not, though I do know I was able to install and run the 4.17-release-toon version without any noticeable problems.
                      (If the name is any indication of its status, I'd assume the 4.18 version is already ready.)
                      Last edited by kusokuso1; 01-26-2018, 03:18 AM.

Comment

another custom output node added.
                        CustomNormal node make it possible to overwrite GBuffer.WorldNormal in material editor.So no more 3rd party normal editing tool like XSI was needed anymore.

Comment

Thanks Arnage and Nate!

I'm getting some error, the toon shader model is there, but when I right mouse click on the asset browser, I got this error:
                          I'm using the Nate 4.18-release toon version.
                          https://github.com/marynate/UnrealEn...8-release-toon

Anyone have this same problem too??

Edit: Okay, now its working, cause the VS2017 was using the VS2015 -_- ...
                          Last edited by Rgiz; 02-02-2018, 10:12 AM.

Comment

I also have tried MountainCow branch 4.18.2-release-toon and got the same error. :/ https://github.com/JSEM100/UnrealEng...2-release-toon

Comment

When I try to follow the link it just takes me to a 404 page not found... where can i download this shader?

Comment

Rudrode, u have to link your git account with UE git.
                                https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-with-ue4.html
                                Last edited by Rgiz; 02-02-2018, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X