No announcement yet.

Toon shading model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So 4.17 is going to support Shaders in plugins... maybe we can finally make this a plugin.

Comment

That'd be sick! I'm tired of using unlit materials :P

Comment

Originally posted by NorseHorse1492 View Post
        So 4.17 is going to support Shaders in plugins... maybe we can finally make this a plugin.
        Could you point us to the source? I didn't know about that happening so soon!

Comment

Could I please asking why I got 404 error on your repo? It is that no longer available for us?

Comment

[Edit]

Sorry. I am so noob not even use github with UE4 before. Just need to link the ue4 account to github and it works now... Thanks for your great work, Nate!

Comment

It's on the Roadmap

Comment

Originally posted by NorseHorse1492 View Post
                It's on the Roadmap
                Oh nom nom! That's fantastic!

https://trello.com/c/3ESmU6JE/145-su...ers-in-plugins

Comment

As an update the roadmap indicates that this: https://trello.com/c/3ESmU6JE/145-su...ers-in-plugins

is done in 4.17! Can't wait!

Comment

The support for such plugins is done. Whether Nate will provide this as a plugin (for Windows, Android, OSX and forward rendering) is a big question.

Comment

Mark for later check

Comment

Hey everyone. I have a problem when trying to get the toon engine downloaded and set up.

Basically, I download the zip, unzip it, run the setup batch file, and then I click on 'generateprojectfiles' and it just hands on the image below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	shot.png
Views:	1
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	1130863

The readme says it should only take less than a minute, but I have left this open overnight and nothing happens. I have tried this on the 4.14 branch and the 4.16 branch as well, and I get the same thing. Does anyone know how I can go about fixing this?
                        Check out our game Arcus!

Comment

@Nate

Ended up giving up on the new features added with 4.16 so here I am again asking if you're going to update it to 4.16.2 ^^' I saw your last update is from the beggining of june and 4.16.2 released at the end of june so I'm guessing it's not updated yet ?
                          Sorry for bothering you again with this.
                          "sic parvis magna"
                          @Meguido

Comment

Originally posted by Meguido View Post
                            @Nate

Ended up giving up on the new features added with 4.16 so here I am again asking if you're going to update it to 4.16.2 ^^' I saw your last update is from the beggining of june and 4.16.2 released at the end of june so I'm guessing it's not updated yet ?
                            Sorry for bothering you again with this.
                            Hi Meguido, I just updated 4.16-release-toon to 4.16.2 now, get it here: https://github.com/marynate/UnrealEn...6-release-toon
                            | twitter | github | #ue4tip

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
                              Hi Meguido, I just updated 4.16-release-toon to 4.16.2 now, get it here: https://github.com/marynate/UnrealEn...6-release-toon
                              @Nate Oh man, thank you very much!
                              Last edited by Meguido; 07-18-2017, 06:53 AM.
                              "sic parvis magna"
                              @Meguido

Comment

Since the 4.17 preview is now out, do you have any plans for testing the toon shader as a pure .usf shader?

Comment

Working...
                                X