Toon shading model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey there @Nate
    Have you updated your branch to 4.15.2? I will stay in 4.15(.2?) for my project, so would be cool to have it updated for it to have the latest addons and fixes (if there's any :P). I'm stil using the 4.15.1 build. Thank you!
    "sic parvis magna"
    @Meguido

Comment

[MENTION=20470]Meguido[/MENTION], somehow I missed the post notification. I've just updated the toon branch to latest 4.15.2 (https://github.com/marynate/UnrealEngine/tree/4.15-toon).
      | twitter | github | #ue4tip

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
        [MENTION=20470]Meguido[/MENTION], somehow I missed the post notification. I've just updated the toon branch to latest 4.15.2 (https://github.com/marynate/UnrealEngine/tree/4.15-toon).
        Does it work with mobile ES2 renderer ?

Also wondering why not to make a patch that can be easily applied to any fork ?

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
          Does it work with mobile ES2 renderer ?
          Sorry, I don't know as I'm not doing mobile development right now.

Also wondering why not to make a patch that can be easily applied to any fork ?
          Actually you can make a patch from git:
          Code:
          git diff 4.15-toon~1 4.15-toon > toon-patch
          And apply it to your own fork:
          Code:
          git apply toon-patch
          Though you still need to solve any merge conflits might have between major engine updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
            @Meguido, somehow I missed the post notification. I've just updated the toon branch to latest 4.15.2 (https://github.com/marynate/UnrealEngine/tree/4.15-toon).
            @Nate
            Don't worry about that ^^. Thank you so much for updating it!
            "sic parvis magna"
            @Meguido

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Toon Shader.png
Views:	1
Size:	527.8 KB
ID:	1128322

From a fresh 4.15.2, I am trying to create a toon shaded Mannequin using the UE4 mobile Mannequin texture. Any idea why the three channels for Toon Blend, Roughness, and Step Size are listed as greyed out "Custom Data" inputs?

Comment

[MENTION=422736]Curiosichi[/MENTION] Check that the Blending Model is set to Toon instead of "Default Lit"

Comment

I swear I did that, but must have closed without saving or something. Thanks for the obvious point out.

What is the current go to method for non post processing outliner?
                  Last edited by Curiosichi; 05-20-2017, 11:24 AM.

Comment

I'm using the 4.14.3 branch and when I build the lighting, the toon effect vanishes

Is anyone having the same problem?

EDIT: anyone with the 4.15.2 branch can tell me if building the static lights in it have the same problem? I'm thinking to convert the project to it
                    Last edited by Luckasa; 05-22-2017, 12:41 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=702]Nate[/MENTION] [MENTION=3579]Arnage[/MENTION] do you guys know what can be happening here?

This is with dynamic lighting, the toon shader works fine

Name:	obK9pjl.png
Size:	703.0 KB
ID:	1128467

And this is after changing the light to static and building it

Name:	UukkEe4.png
Size:	692.8 KB
ID:	1128468

I tried changing some settings on the lightmass, but nothing seems to solve it.
                      I'm using 4.14.3

Comment

Originally posted by Luckasa View Post
                        [MENTION=702]Nate[/MENTION] [MENTION=3579]Arnage[/MENTION] do you guys know what can be happening here?

This is with dynamic lighting, the toon shader works fine

And this is after changing the light to static and building it

I tried changing some settings on the lightmass, but nothing seems to solve it.
                        I'm using 4.14.3
                        Are you sure your lightmap settings are correct on the wall mesh? What happens when you apply a regular material to the wall, does it receive correctly baked shadows then?

Comment

Originally posted by Arnage View Post
                          Are you sure your lightmap settings are correct on the wall mesh? What happens when you apply a regular material to the wall, does it receive correctly baked shadows then?
                          The problem with the shadows was because the torch was not set as static mesh, but the problem with the static lights has not yet been solved
                          With a common material, there are no problems in lighting after building

edit: I tried to create another project with the third person template and put a toon shaded material on one of the meshes of the map, the same problem occurred when building static light
                          Last edited by Luckasa; 05-24-2017, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Sorry for the inconvenience, but someone already made the port for 4.16?

Comment

Originally posted by Sónic View Post
                              Sorry for the inconvenience, but someone already made the port for 4.16?
                              https://github.com/marynate/UnrealEn...6-release-toon

Comment

Man that was speedy, thanks a bunch.
                                Also, your tools are amazing!
                                https://www.artstation.com/kevindalziel

Comment

Working...
                                X