Toon shading model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can it work with vxgi?
    what should i do to combine this fork to nv's vxgi?

Comment

Originally posted by democracy343 View Post
      can it work with vxgi?
      what should i do to combine this fork to nv's vxgi?
      I don't see why it wouldn't work from a technical point of view. Artistically it might be hard to combine the two in the sense that flat continuous toon shaded surfaces would probably make it harder to hide lighting artifacts and thus require very high vxgi settings to get nice and smooth results.

To combine them it's probably easiest to start with the vxgi branch, as their changes are much more extensive and then integrate the toon shading changes into your own custom branch.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
        [MENTION=26844]Bryciekai[/MENTION], will push 4.11 and 4.12 (master branch) port soon ( waiting for my network connection issue fixed )
        So I've used your 4.11 build for a few months, and I have noticed that 4.12 has finally released. Any news on a 4.12-toon branch?

Comment

[MENTION=26844]Bryciekai[/MENTION], I thought I already did. Thanks for reminding.

4.12 toon branch:
          | twitter | github | #ue4tip

Comment

[MENTION=26844]Bryciekai[/MENTION], I thought I already did. Thanks for reminding.

4.12 toon branch:
            Hey! Been using the 4.10 version for some time and loving your work, thanks for updating to 4.12
            Last edited by ZeoZen; 06-27-2016, 07:00 AM.
            DonDon Busters!!

Dondon Discord

https://twitter.com/benjaminzeozen

Comment

Sadly I can`t compoile the latest Version.

ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: ...Engine\Binaries\Win64\ShaderCompileWorker-Core.dll
              Last edited by Hammerfist; 06-29-2016, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Hi, though I would post this here. I used Arnage's toon shader in a game I made for my final exam. We had two months to create a project so I decided to make a small game prototype with a few classmates.

Thanks again Arnage for this awesome shader!

Comment

Is there a particular reason that Epic have not fulfilled this pull request considering that it's been available since 2015? I mean, Arnage literally did all the work for them, and people REALLY want a toon shader integrated into the engine.

Comment

Hey! Thank you very much for this shader! It fits perfectly well in our project .

I have one question, is there any way I can use the ue4 + toon shader branch with the latest changes from master branch?
                    EDIT: After checking a bit more the ue4 + toon shader branch, i guess this branch is also up to date no?

Thanks in advance!
                    Last edited by Leorek; 07-06-2016, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesEmory View Post
                      Is there a particular reason that Epic have not fulfilled this pull request considering that it's been available since 2015? I mean, Arnage literally did all the work for them, and people REALLY want a toon shader integrated into the engine.
                      This is exactly how I feel! Epic, where you at? <3
                      https://twitter.com/Ninjin42

Comment

4.12 toon branch:
                        When i build the project (after performing setup and GenerateProjectFiles) i get 188 errors.
                        Im quite new with the source code, so i probably messed something up.
                        Can someone briefly explain to me how do i need to set this shader?

Comment

Hope they merge this soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Vapes View Post
                            Pure gold Arnage, thanks. Sharpened the directional light and bam.
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]57719[/ATTACH]
                            Can someone explain how to get shadows like how link's head is casting a shadow on his arm?
                            I've built the 4.12 version of this shading model and after changing all my materials to use it, none of them seem to self shadow or cast shadows onto other objects :S

Comment

How does this pack compare to your method, Arnage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzt-83cgok8 (In case video embeding doesn't work)
                              Last edited by MohdNadjib760; 07-22-2016, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MohdNadjib760 View Post
                                How does this pack compare to your method, Arnage?
                                That's bit of a different approach. Based on that movie my guess is that the main differences are:
                                - No custom shading model, instead it seems like they fake the shading by passing the main light parameters directly to the shader
                                - This requires no engine modification
                                - The number of influencing lights are limited compared to a shading model implementation
                                - This includes an outline post process, something you'd have to add yourself if you use my shading model implementation
                                - This comes with a bunch of extended options included, (such as rim lighting) nothing to complex to add yourself, but nice to have ready made

So all in all their implementation is a lot easier and more plug and play at the expense of some versatility.

Comment

Working...
                                X