• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks a lot for source! Looks great.
    Technical Artist https://www.youtube.com/user/rendermanpro/videos

Comment

Originally posted by Arnage View Post
      Thanks!

In a recent stream Epic indeed said that code plugins should be allowed in the near future. However, as far as I understand the issues I listed would still be a problem then, as they are issues with the plugin system itself. Although it would be great to be proven wrong in this
      Hi Arnage

I tried all GitHub links shown in this thread

Why the 404 page???
      I'm logged in my GitHub account, But anyway, 404, 404, 404.... And all accounts say there is no user activity.

So I can not download it to test here!

This is already integrated into the Unreal Engine? for this cause has disappeared here in the forum? 。◕_◕,。

Regards
      luny╰☆╮
      lunybunny.com
      lunybunny.com

Comment

Originally posted by lunyBunny View Post
        Hi Arnage

I tried all GitHub links shown in this thread

Why the 404 page???
        I'm logged in my GitHub account, But anyway, 404, 404, 404.... And all accounts say there is no user activity.

So I can not download it to test here!

This is already integrated into the Unreal Engine? for this cause has disappeared here in the forum? 。◕_◕,。

Regards
        luny╰☆╮
        It's still there, so if you still get 404 after logging into github the issue is with your account.

Did you properly link your UE4 and github accounts? As long as you have access to the main UE4 github repository you should be able to access my pull request, so it might be worth testing that first.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnage View Post
          It's still there, so if you still get 404 after logging into github the issue is with your account.

Did you properly link your UE4 and github accounts? As long as you have access to the main UE4 github repository you should be able to access my pull request, so it might be worth testing that first.
          Thanks Arnage

sorry for the inconvenience

I have accessed GitHub svn service only at the time that Unreal Engine 4 was needed be compiled localy. And yet did not there were the convenience in the Epic's Launcher for updating automatically with pre compiled versions. So I shut down my GitHub account for a while because I'm a character artist and animator, not a programmer.

So I went looking for instructions about how to link my free Git account with Epic Account.

https://www.unrealengine.com/ue4-on-github

I forgot that it is a private account. Paid by Epic! Then I noticed a small detail in my user profile in my profile in Epic's accout settings!, A field called "GitHub ACCOUNT NAME" to be filled with my GitHub user account name!

And now I can access correctly!
          Regards

luny
          lunybunny.com
          lunybunny.com

Comment

Any news on a 4.11 Port of the Toon Shading Model?

Originally posted by Nate View Post
            Thanks Arnage!

So here you are:

4.9 branch
            https://github.com/marynate/UnrealEngine/tree/4.9-toon

4.10 branch
            https://github.com/marynate/UnrealEngine/tree/4.10-toon

Let me know if I messed up something.
            Any news on a 4.11 Port of the Toon Shading Model? I would like to use the latest version of the engine, but there is no version of this shader that is compatible with 4.11. Thanks if you can reply!

Comment

[MENTION=26844]Bryciekai[/MENTION], will push 4.11 and 4.12 (master branch) port soon ( waiting for my network connection issue fixed )
              | twitter | github | #ue4tip

Comment

Can I ask what's the status on integrating this in the official branch of the engine? I've looked at the code and it seems to be nothing more than an editor extension to display the "toon" shading model in the material editor and a "if SHADINGMODELID_TOON" somewhere in ShadingModels.usf....

Well, it's a little bit more than that, but what I'm saying is it's a relatively small amount of code with relatively low risks and it's fairly easy to check/review for an Epic dev. I don't think it would even take them more than a couple of days to redo it all from scratch. Whoever just added the eye and hair shading models in 4.11 would certainly know exactly what to do to quickly add this

So what's preventing this from being added to the engine? Why is it taking so long?
                Last edited by Philippe St-Amand; 04-05-2016, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Excited to get this working on 4.11!
                  Check out our game Arcus!

Comment

4.11 port:

https://github.com/marynate/UnrealEngine/tree/4.11-toon

Comment

Hey Nate,
                      code noob here but looks like that's the entire 4.11 engine with the added toon shader, nice easy to install and compile for us less code savvy people. Wondering though, does downloading and compiling that branch lock you to that specific version, not being able to download patches and hotfixes in the future?

Comment

I always update 4.11-toon branch on top of latest 4.11 branch, upside is it includes all latest 4.11 hot-fixes (4.11.2 now), downside is that it might not be as "stable" as official hot-fix release version.

Comment

Hey guys, 4.11 dead github link and the original is dead too. Is there another repository somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by ORiGOceo View Post
                            Hey guys, 4.11 dead github link and the original is dead too. Is there another repository somewhere?
                            Are you setup on GitHub with your Epic account linked to your GitHub account? If you are getting a 404 error, then probably not.

-S
                            Run with the flock, end up a lamb chop!

Unreal 4 in 30 Days - An Unreal Experience: https://youtu.be/DV5l7d4b9Cs

Comment

I'm on Nate's 4.11.2 build of UE4 w/ toon shader, and I'm running into some difficulty replicating some of the effects. The first image posted had these looks:

No matter what I do, all of my models looks like the "Flat direct combined with smooth indirect light" image, while I'm shooting for Flattened or Stepped lighting. Is this a material setting or a lightmass setting? Any ideas on this?

Comment

Originally posted by KevKevOnFire View Post
                                I'm on Nate's 4.11.2 build of UE4 w/ toon shader, and I'm running into some difficulty replicating some of the effects. The first image posted had these looks:

*No need to duplicate the image*

No matter what I do, all of my models looks like the "Flat direct combined with smooth indirect light" image, while I'm shooting for Flattened or Stepped lighting. Is this a material setting or a lightmass setting? Any ideas on this?
                                You send a private message with the same question, did you not get my reply? Anyway, might be interesting for others too, so here it is again:

I tried to use the regular UE4 material workflow as much as possible, so to get rid of the smooth indirect lighting you can simply set Ambient occlusion to zero. This blocks all indirect lighting without influencing the direct lighting, as it would on regular materials. You can then add your own flat secondary lighting to the emissive slot.

Comment

Working...
                                X