Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic [PLUGIN] Dungeon Architect

Dungeon Architect

Dungeon Architect: Build vast procedural levels for your games with a single click

Features:
    • Build vast levels procedurally with a single click with various tweakable parameter, either at design time or at runtime.
    • Manually design the layout of your levels for more artistic control with custom editor tools (Paint Brush Tool, Volumes etc) , and have the plugin automatically build the environment around it
    • Define the look and feel of your level using a powerful Graph based Theme Editor. This lets you instruct the plugin on the meshes and actors to populate around the level as it is being built (around walls, floor, doors, stairs etc)
    • Theme files are saved as separate data asset so they can be reused between projects or can be swapped with other theme files to completely change the look
    • Supports multiple themes on the same map. For e.g. Wood based architecture in one area, stone based in a nearby area. Override the theme on any part of your level using a custom volume actor
    • Supports height variations on the level to make them more interesting!
    • Full C++ source code access

Purchase from Marketplace
    (Also available directly from my website. However I suggest getting it from them marketplace so you can install it from the launcher)

Here are a few examples of what you can create with Dungeon Architect. These levels are generated procedurally, either at design time or runtime

Deathmatch Demo: This demo uses Dungeon Architect to create random procedural levels when the game starts. You get a different level every time you play. It also showcases multiplayer support, where the server propagates the dungeon "seed" number to all the clients so they all build the exact same dungeon

Frost Forge Demo: The entire level was created with a single click. The demo is available in the quick start guide

Floorplan Demo: DA adapts to various layout strategies. The floorplan builder lets you create building interiors. There is also a lift blueprint in the demo

Check the Quick Start guide for more samples to get you started

Documentation

Quick Start Guide

User Guide

Video Tutorials

Roadmap

Support

Issue Tracker | Website | Community Spotlight
    Last edited by Ali Akbar; 05-13-2017, 05:55 AM.

• replied
    Ali,

Silly me, i've got my answer in the quick start guide^^
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xor9nxeNoO4

Then, do you know what i should save/replicate to remember/share the manual layout ?
    I going to look through your code in search for an array to save, but if you have the answer it'll spare me some time :-)

Thanks
    Cedric

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello Ali,

Is it possible to use the paint mode at runtime ?
    If yes, do you know what i should save/replicate to remember/share the result ?

Cedric

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Issue: "Is On Corner" Selector blueprint node is placing items next to walls and not only corners.

1) I created a Selector blueprints
    2) I'm using the "Is On Corner" blueprint node
    3) Tried connecting it to either Wall or Ground marker but none works as expected.

Any ideas?

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    We have the tool working for our team, and we really like it. We're looking to add another artist to our team -- an experienced Sci-Fi environmental artist who is quite familiar with this tool. Must have a significant portfolio of Sci-Fi work. If interested, please send a PM to me. This is paid contract work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post

I'm glad you like it Llama Del Rey

I've been experimenting with a procedural room designer a while ago which will be useful for snap and other types of builders (like grid, bsp etc). Given a bounds and possible door connection points (at different Z levels) it will create good looking room interior geometries based on some existing models. I'll have more info later

Did you have a look at Prefabricator? It will help with creating lots of variations with simple building blocks
    I did have a look at it, watched few videos, it's an amazing tool, close to what was used to make the city of Assassins Creed Unity.

Designing around procedural is extremely tricky and demand a different way to approach the design constraints. In my case I made the choice to have handmade rooms to make sure I have control over the flow, the fun and make sure each room has a different flavor that players will remember. I wish there was a way to use the dungeon flow tool that will spread my rooms among the map and then have pure procedural generated corridors to join them. If you have an idea or want to talk about designing with procedural I'm open to give all the advices that I can.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've added Weights to the Theme Override volumes, so if a marker overlaps with multiple theme volumes, the volume with the highest weight gets applied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Algorithman View Post
    Hi Ali Akbar

i found out what the cause was.

Seems Epic Launcher isn't clearing out the plugins folder completely while updating to a newer version, so there were remnants of an older DA version still present which lead to these errors.

I'll file a bug report with epic so they can improve it.

It's all good now, thx for the plugin
    Algorithman Thanks for the heads up

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Llama Del Rey View Post
    Heya Ali Akbar and J.C. Smith

Thank you very much for your help, I've been able to make it work. I can't tell exaclty why but I've redone everything outside of my project on something completely blank and it worked fine now I'll figure out why it's not working with my project.

I really wanted to mention that the tool is amazing and well done, I'm a professional level designer and I'm having so much fun with such a tool. Thank you so much for the support!
    Originally posted by Llama Del Rey View Post
    I have some other questions related to snap map builder:

-Is it possible to make actual procedural generated corridors between my hand-made rooms? So when I build the rooms will be placed randomly in the world and corridors will be procedural to join them.

Thank you!

I'm glad you like it Llama Del Rey

I've been experimenting with a procedural room designer a while ago which will be useful for snap and other types of builders (like grid, bsp etc). Given a bounds and possible door connection points (at different Z levels) it will create good looking room interior geometries based on some existing models. I'll have more info later

Did you have a look at Prefabricator? It will help with creating lots of variations with simple building blocks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Laurentius View Post

So the level bounds actor (which I placed and scaled manunally to fit the correct module size ...) is never used by the snap builder itself or in the level streaming process for visibility?

Just wondering ...
    The Level Bounds actor is used if available when you are baking the module cache in the module db asset. If it is not there, it calculate the bounds manually. So, it might slightly decrease the time it takes to rebuild the module cache in the editor. You don't really need to add it if you don't want to.

I usually drop one in my module level file to test if the bounds fit tightly and not increased due to some misplaced actor somewhere far away

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Ali Akbar

i found out what the cause was.

Seems Epic Launcher isn't clearing out the plugins folder completely while updating to a newer version, so there were remnants of an older DA version still present which lead to these errors.

I'll file a bug report with epic so they can improve it.

It's all good now, thx for the plugin

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have some other questions related to snap map builder:

-Is it possible to make actual procedural generated corridors between my hand-made rooms? So when I build the rooms will be placed randomly in the world and corridors will be procedural to join them.

Thank you!

Last edited by Llama Del Rey; 03-14-2019, 02:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Heya Ali Akbar and J.C. Smith

Thank you very much for your help, I've been able to make it work. I can't tell exaclty why but I've redone everything outside of my project on something completely blank and it worked fine now I'll figure out why it's not working with my project.

I really wanted to mention that the tool is amazing and well done, I'm a professional level designer and I'm having so much fun with such a tool. Thank you so much for the support!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Ali,

i tried your suggestion (copying over the plugin etc) but sadly it isn't working.

On a new empty project, it still errors out with the duplicate class names errors.

Steps to reproduce:

- create a new c++ project
    - create a plugin folder
    - copy over DA folder
    - generate project files
    - compile -> errors

I didn't add any classes or BP's yet.
    At least i get some additional error msgs:

Code:
    1>C:/Git/MSD2/Plugins/DungeonArchitect/Source/DungeonArchitectRuntime/Public/Frameworks/GraphGrammar/Graph/EdGraph_Grammar.h(12) : LogUObjectHash: Error: Ambiguous search, could be Class /Script/DungeonArchitectRuntime.EdGraphNode_GrammarNode or Class /Script/DungeonArchitectEditor.EdGraphNode_GrammarNode
    1>C:/Git/MSD2/Plugins/DungeonArchitect/Source/DungeonArchitectRuntime/Public/Frameworks/GraphGrammar/Graph/EdGraph_Grammar.h(17) : LogUObjectHash: Error: Ambiguous search, could be Class /Script/DungeonArchitectRuntime.EdGraph_Grammar or Class /Script/DungeonArchitectEditor.EdGraph_Grammar
    1>C:/Git/MSD2/Plugins/DungeonArchitect/Source/DungeonArchitectRuntime/Public/Frameworks/GraphGrammar/Graph/EdGraphSchema_Grammar.h(12) : LogUObjectHash: Error: Ambiguous search, could be Class /Script/DungeonArchitectRuntime.EdGraph_Grammar or Class /Script/DungeonArchitectEditor.EdGraph_Grammar
    1>C:/Git/MSD2/Plugins/DungeonArchitect/Source/DungeonArchitectRuntime/Public/Frameworks/GraphGrammar/Graph/EdGraphSchema_Grammar.h(13) : LogUObjectHash: Error: Ambiguous search, could be Class /Script/DungeonArchitectRuntime.EdGraphNode_GrammarNode or Class /Script/DungeonArchitectEditor.EdGraphNode_GrammarNode
    1>C:/Git/MSD2/Plugins/DungeonArchitect/Source/DungeonArchitectRuntime/Public/Frameworks/GraphGrammar/Graph/EdGraphSchema_Grammar.h(25) : LogUObjectHash: Error: Ambiguous search, could be Class /Script/DungeonArchitectRuntime.EdGraphSchema_Grammar or Class /Script/DungeonArchitectEditor.EdGraphSchema_Grammar
    1>C:/Git/MSD2/Plugins/DungeonArchitect/Source/DungeonArchitectRuntime/Public/Frameworks/GraphGrammar/Graph/Nodes/EdGraphNode_GrammarBase.h(9) : LogUObjectHash: Error: Ambiguous search, could be Class /Script/DungeonArchitectRuntime.EdGraphNode_GrammarBase or Class /Script/DungeonArchitectEditor.EdGraphNode_GrammarBase
    1>C:/Git/MSD2/Plugins/DungeonArchitect/Source/DungeonArchitectRuntime/Public/Frameworks/GraphGrammar/Graph/Nodes/EdGraphNode_GrammarNode.h(12) : LogUObjectHash: Error: Ambiguous search, could be Class /Script/DungeonArchitectRuntime.EdGraphNode_GrammarNode or Class /Script/DungeonArchitectEditor.EdGraphNode_GrammarNode
    1>C:/Git/MSD2/Plugins/DungeonArchitect/Source/DungeonArchitectRuntime/Public/Frameworks/GraphGrammar/Graph/Nodes/EdGraphNode_GrammarNode.h(12) : LogUObjectHash: Error: Ambiguous search, could be Class /Script/DungeonArchitectRuntime.EdGraphNode_GrammarBase or Class /Script/DungeonArchitectEditor.EdGraphNode_GrammarBase
    1>C:/Git/MSD2/Plugins/DungeonArchitect/Source/DungeonArchitectEditor/Private/Frameworks/GraphGrammar/RuleGraph/EdGraph_Grammar.h(14) : LogUObjectHash: Error: Ambiguous search, could be Class /Script/DungeonArchitectRuntime.EdGraph_Grammar or Class /Script/DungeonArchitectEditor.EdGraph_Grammar
    1>C:/Git/MSD2/Plugins/DungeonArchitect/Source/DungeonArchitectEditor/Private/Frameworks/GraphGrammar/RuleGraph/EdGraph_Grammar.h(14) : LogWindows: Error: === Critical error: ===
    1>C:/Git/MSD2/Plugins/DungeonArchitect/Source/DungeonArchitectEditor/Private/Frameworks/GraphGrammar/RuleGraph/EdGraph_Grammar.h(14) : LogWindows: Error:
    1>C:/Git/MSD2/Plugins/DungeonArchitect/Source/DungeonArchitectEditor/Private/Frameworks/GraphGrammar/RuleGraph/EdGraph_Grammar.h(14) : LogWindows: Error: Assertion failed: Class->Children == NULL [File:D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealHeaderTool\Private\HeaderParser.cpp] [Line: 5685]
    1>C:/Git/MSD2/Plugins/DungeonArchitect/Source/DungeonArchitectEditor/Private/Frameworks/GraphGrammar/RuleGraph/EdGraph_Grammar.h(14) : LogWindows: Error:
    1>EXEC : error : UnrealHeaderTool failed for target 'MSD2Editor' (platform: Win64, module info: C:\Git\MSD2\Intermediate\Build\Win64\MSD2Editor\Development\MSD2Editor.uhtmanifest, exit code: CrashOrAssert (3)).
    Seems UHT cannot decide which to use. I personally never had anything like this, so i don't know how to resolve it.

Regards

Algorithman

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
    You don't need the Level Bounds actor in the module file. You can however use it to make sure your bounds are correctly packed
    So the level bounds actor (which I placed and scaled manunally to fit the correct module size ...) is never used by the snap builder itself or in the level streaming process for visibility?

Just wondering ...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X