Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic [PLUGIN] Dungeon Architect

Dungeon Architect

Dungeon Architect: Build vast procedural levels for your games with a single click

Features:
    • Build vast levels procedurally with a single click with various tweakable parameter, either at design time or at runtime.
    • Manually design the layout of your levels for more artistic control with custom editor tools (Paint Brush Tool, Volumes etc) , and have the plugin automatically build the environment around it
    • Define the look and feel of your level using a powerful Graph based Theme Editor. This lets you instruct the plugin on the meshes and actors to populate around the level as it is being built (around walls, floor, doors, stairs etc)
    • Theme files are saved as separate data asset so they can be reused between projects or can be swapped with other theme files to completely change the look
    • Supports multiple themes on the same map. For e.g. Wood based architecture in one area, stone based in a nearby area. Override the theme on any part of your level using a custom volume actor
    • Supports height variations on the level to make them more interesting!
    • Full C++ source code access

Purchase from Marketplace
    (Also available directly from my website. However I suggest getting it from them marketplace so you can install it from the launcher)

Here are a few examples of what you can create with Dungeon Architect. These levels are generated procedurally, either at design time or runtime

Deathmatch Demo: This demo uses Dungeon Architect to create random procedural levels when the game starts. You get a different level every time you play. It also showcases multiplayer support, where the server propagates the dungeon "seed" number to all the clients so they all build the exact same dungeon

Frost Forge Demo: The entire level was created with a single click. The demo is available in the quick start guide

Floorplan Demo: DA adapts to various layout strategies. The floorplan builder lets you create building interiors. There is also a lift blueprint in the demo

Check the Quick Start guide for more samples to get you started

Documentation

Quick Start Guide

User Guide

Video Tutorials

Roadmap

Support

Issue Tracker | Website | Community Spotlight
    Last edited by Ali Akbar; 05-13-2017, 05:55 AM.

• replied
    Originally posted by Worldofpolygons View Post
    This looks amazing!
    Does anyone know if this is fully compatible with switch / PS4 ?
    it is. Were using DA on both platforms with success. It makes level design so much easier

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This looks amazing!
    Does anyone know if this is fully compatible with switch / PS4 ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ali Akbar Is floor planner ever going to be a thing?

EDIT: I have been playing around with "Custom Grid Builder" recently. And with some success I was able to generate random buildings that follows my expectations. So they still used procedural inputs in the dungeon settings like min and max cell size, although cells were placed in a different manner. All rooms were placed next to each other always, and sometimes there was special palce left for corridor to connect rooms but in a tight space so there are no free cells. entire thing created a "house" like structure. Querying rooms isn't so hard also - so I was able to place rooftops in an organized way without overlapping elements.
    I Also checked the example for runtime edition by player and found it super easy. The example spawns only corridor cells, but with extra fast tweaking I was able to place rooms or corridors and on bigger space than single cell.
    Still I lack the possibility of control. I made in my theme extra markers like "window", or simply negation empty markers. I am using the swap volumes to edit the building in edit mode to for example swap auto placed walls with windows, detecting unnecessary pillars by spatial constraints and custom market emiter spawn rules.
    However I still lack tools to be able to edit it how I want.
    And the goal is....
    creating a complex set of markers emitters, spawn logic, custom builder etc to be able to either build by hand in-game or randomize a building by a specific theme. After creating the blueprints just produce more and more themes. In case of mixing themes just use theme overwrite volumes.
    Why?
    Because for example I want player to be able to populate large amount of buildings in relatively short time with simple settings. Picking size of buildings, bound, theme, and some features (like contains balcony or not, etc. Or not, as they could be part of the theme itself) and change how they look like with a random seed. Or be able to custom build a house from scratch.
    First use case is super important as all I need to store in save objects or multiplayer replication are the settings and random seed he picked. Second benefit is that once player find a random number that generates a building he likes, he can store it with all his settings to reuse it multiple times later, and the effect will always be the same.
    Second use case is house building in edit mode similar to THE SIMS, however due to theme and how DA works a lot faster as walls, etc could be placed automatically and bind to certain rules, still able to change by hand some small details. In this case I have great trouble to save the data about the building keeping it small. Cant replicate this data easily. and I don't know if I can spawn markers at runtime without using volumes? Or delete markers? Can I access the build data as a single structure and store it?

Dungeon Architect is by FAR the BEST tool I've worked with in ue4. And I bet it can do much more then I know about. But some functions, events etc lack documentation and sometimes I can read a variable or access function - that I have no idea what it does.
    Last edited by AngeIV; 09-10-2019, 05:04 PM. Reason: expanding on the explanation why I ask about buildings.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello,

I'am trying to use SnamMap Builder, however im getting errors when saving my level:

Everytime I open a level I get this (see picture)

Also I cannot save my levels anymore.

LogFileManager: Error: Error deleting file 'D:/Perforce/SHPerforce/PRojectName/Dev/prototype/Content/pcg/Chunks/C_Corridor.umap'.
    LogSavePackage: Error: Error saving 'D:/Perforce/SHPerforce/PRojectName/Dev/prototype/Content/pcg/Chunks/C_Corridor.umap'

this is very frustrating to see as I have no idea where this error occurs.

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello,

I have recently purchased your plugin as I'am interested in the Graph Grammars that you are using, however I cannot find any information on your Mission Grammar and how to use it.

Is there any documentation on this feature?

Thank you,
    Dave Ruptash
    StitchHeads studio

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post

uced apologies for the late response. I noticed this long back when the dungeon actor's Z was not at zero and there were some volumes around and believe it was fixed. I'll check it again
    Hey Ali,

Thanks for the answer.
    No worries and no problem. I didn't have had this problem since i started a new save, so as far as i can say, i just had a corrupted save and everything is all right for me currently.

All the best,
    Cedric

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [duplicate]

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CBamford View Post
    Hi to all,

Am playing around with runtime random map generation and have followed the post:
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...392#post449392

But, am having difficulty in finding the function to 'Make DungeonConfig'. I have version 2.11.2 of DA installed, Google searches are not showing much.

Is there anywhere I can reference a tutorial to achieve runtime generation ?

Many thanks.

Chris.
    Chris, please use the samples in the quick start guide for reference as that post is a few years old

http://coderespawn.github.io/dungeon...ungeon-runtime

Here's how the blueprint in that sample looks like

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190905-16_24_58DungeonRuntime.png
Views:	1
Size:	304.4 KB
ID:	1661021

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TheCouch View Post
    Another issue that I see is that the HandleDungeonBuildComplete event is called *before* the geometry from the levels is instantiated. This is a real problem since my game depends on certain items (target points) being available before the player actually starts. I see that there's a OnSnapDataLoaded event available via an interface, but that doesn't seem to be called. How can I wait until all the geometry in the map is built before starting the actual game?
    TheCouch This is a known issue with the snap builder and I'll address this soon. Snap level streaming needs BP callbacks when a module is streamed in / out (especially on the one the player is currently standing on)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by uced View Post
    Dear Ali,

I have a strange problem when running DA at runtime.

When trying to get a flat dungeon (HeightVariationProbability=0 and MaxAllowedStairHeight=0), i get this:

Name:	DA_Dungeon.jpg
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	1650027

Which is even more visible when setting a very large LaneWidth (here 10):

Name:	DA_DungeonLargeLane.jpg
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	1650028

I don't get the problem in the editor viewer where everything is as flat as expected:

Name:	DA_DungeonViewerSmallAndLargeLane.jpg
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	1650029

And as far as i can tell, the GridConfig i send to DA from my code is all right, here a capture from the debugger after the dungeon rebuild, so it's first hand data and it looks all ok:

Name:	DA_GridConfig.jpg
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	1650030

Would you have any idea of what could cause this "chessboard of heights" effect at runtime ?

As soon as i set MaxAllowedStairHeight to 1 at runtime, it works well, but then the dungeon is not flat.

So currently i can't get any flat dungeon at runtime.

I don't know when this problem started, it's the first time i try to get a flat dungeon for a long time^^

Thanks for any hint if you have any direction to where i should look :-)

I go on with my tests and will update here if i find anything interesting about this strange behavior.

All the best
    Cedric
    uced apologies for the late response. I noticed this long back when the dungeon actor's Z was not at zero and there were some volumes around and believe it was fixed. I'll check it again

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Submitted a new update with 4.23 engine support. Here are the two new version that are being pushed with the latest update

Version 2.13.2
    • New: Added 4.23 Engine support
    • New: Save / Load custom state while the dungeon is being built. This allows you to track the no. of objects spawned (by setting or incrementing a variable) and later checking against it from selector / transform / spawn blueprints

Version 2.13.1
    • Fix: Fixed unloading issues with the snap map builder's module levels. This was causing issues while saving maps and taking up memory
    • Fix: Actor replication in snap map modules were not working correctly

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi to all,

Am playing around with runtime random map generation and have followed the post:
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...392#post449392

But, am having difficulty in finding the function to 'Make DungeonConfig'. I have version 2.11.2 of DA installed, Google searches are not showing much.

Is there anywhere I can reference a tutorial to achieve runtime generation ?

Many thanks.

Chris.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Ali I have a question about the Snap Map Connection actor.

I've notice that there is a connection Constraint where I think it suppose to connect thought Either Magnets or with Male and female. but When I set one of my map with one End begin female and the other male then build dungeon it didn't do much of a difference. I'm seeing that it still act like magnets when what I really want it to do is have it always connect to the entrance by plunging it using Male/female. Is the Connection Constraint function is still being work on or is their suppose to be a way to get it to work?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Ali, I am trying to use the dungeon architect with the prefab plugin actor. It is showing only P with nothing. How can I make it work. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X