Name:	ue4_launcher.png
Views:	48
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	1709318

Cool... never seen that one before.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post

GruntosUK It requires some work to properly support 2D with snap map. It's a planned feature in the near future
    Thank you for the reply. The 3d version will do for one project, the 2d for another, so looking forward to it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm working on a major new feature for the next update called the grid flow builder. It gives you control on the flow of your dungeons using a node based rule system

Early work in progress

Click image for larger version

Name:	flow_ed_ue4.gif
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	1709320

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tarly View Post

How do we tell there is a new version of DA in Market place?
    You'll get an orange dot next to the DA icon in your Vault

Click image for larger version

Name:	ue4_launcher.png
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	1709318

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wallenstein View Post
    I tried the DA before and gave up because I expected too much of it. I'm back at it now with lowered expectation but what I really find disturbing is that thre is general lack of information about the BP nodes available to emit markers. There is hardly any tooltip info and the user guide is completely silent on what is available and what they do. I know most programmers hate writing documentation, but for a complex system like this it is mandatory to give all available info to the user.
    Maybe if you do nothing but work with this project as a level designer you get into the details eventually but for those of use who work on small games, we doe everything from programming over graphics acquisition and modification to distribution and we just don't have the time to spend weeks or months trying to figure out what all you can do with this product.
    So in short: A detailed explanation of all the functionality that can be used in BPs is necessary
    Wallenstein Thank you for the feedback. I'll be updating the docs with the next update and I'll keep this in mind

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GruntosUK View Post
    Does the snap builder support 2D?
    GruntosUK It requires some work to properly support 2D with snap map. It's a planned feature in the near future

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Aladin Sane View Post
    Seems latest updates have been put through but I cannot install DA for 4.24.1...Says it is not compatible.
    Aladin Sane I don't see an engine update for 4.24.1 (still at 4.24.0)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
    Submitted a new maintenance update with bug fixes. It should show up in a few days in the launcher

Version 2.14.1
    • Fix: Fixed an issue which was causing standalone build creation to fail
    • Fix: Collision profile set in the theme editor's mesh node properly propages to the instanced meshe dungeons (HISM)

Complete change log here
    How do we tell there is a new version of DA in Market place?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I tried the DA before and gave up because I expected too much of it. I'm back at it now with lowered expectation but what I really find disturbing is that thre is general lack of information about the BP nodes available to emit markers. There is hardly any tooltip info and the user guide is completely silent on what is available and what they do. I know most programmers hate writing documentation, but for a complex system like this it is mandatory to give all available info to the user.
    Maybe if you do nothing but work with this project as a level designer you get into the details eventually but for those of use who work on small games, we doe everything from programming over graphics acquisition and modification to distribution and we just don't have the time to spend weeks or months trying to figure out what all you can do with this product.
    So in short: A detailed explanation of all the functionality that can be used in BPs is necessary

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does the snap builder support 2D?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Seems latest updates have been put through but I cannot install DA for 4.24.1...Says it is not compatible.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by motorsep View Post
    I think I asked about this long time ago, but I can't seem to find anything about it in this thread. Do I need to do anything special to generate a dungeon (using BP actors, static except moving parts obviously) with different parts of the dungeon being in the different streaming levels (I'd have to probably manually set which parts in which streaming levels) and bake lighting ?

The idea here is to use DA to speed up level design. I would have to re-bake lighting after regenerating dungeon in the Editor, but once I settle on the layout, in runtime it will be working as conventional level (with baked lighting).
    Hey motorsep welcome back!

Level streaming is supported in Snap Map builder with pre-built modules in separate level files, but not in other builders. Once you are happy with a dungeon layout, you can build that in the editor and use the same workflow to bake your lighting and world composition like any other level

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think I asked about this long time ago, but I can't seem to find anything about it in this thread. Do I need to do anything special to generate a dungeon (using BP actors, static except moving parts obviously) with different parts of the dungeon being in the different streaming levels (I'd have to probably manually set which parts in which streaming levels) and bake lighting ?

The idea here is to use DA to speed up level design. I would have to re-bake lighting after regenerating dungeon in the Editor, but once I settle on the layout, in runtime it will be working as conventional level (with baked lighting).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The assets I use are different in the world's static mesh locations. What should I do?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The new update is live in the marketplace. Please update it from your launcher. Full changelog here

Leave a comment:

Working...
X