No announcement yet.

Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION]: City Builder ... 10 points ... it is awesome. I got a chance to work with it last night and it is really cool. I will upload a screenshot when I am happy with the final result.

Just a quick question for the meshes.

I am assuming the pivot points should be centered on the mesh?
    What direction should the mesh be facing ideally? (i.e. x or y facing)

I need to modify the meshes I am using and just wanted to make sure I get it right and not waste time with multiple imports and edits. 8-}
    Quinton Delpeche
    Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

I bought the plugin through the Unreal Marketplace. How can I download version 2.4 from the website?

Comment

[MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION]

Can City Architect build on uneven terrain? (I am messing around right now with my mesh based terrain, placing buildings manually and wondering if City Architect would make my life easier )

Comment

Hi, we just bought this and were extremely excited at using snap builder. It seems that we're also having problems with a project using source control (perforce), as it works as expected on non-source control projects. I've pasted the error below. We aren't programmers so a lot of this goes over our heads.

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

UE4Editor_Core
          UE4Editor_Core
          UE4Editor_Core
          UE4Editor_Core
          UE4Editor_CoreUObject
          UE4Editor_CoreUObject
          UE4Editor_Engine
          UE4Editor_DungeonArchitectEditor!FDungeonEditorService::CreateStreamingLevelInstance() [d:\build\++portal+main+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\dungeonarchitect\source\dungeonarchitecteditor\private\core\utils\dungeoneditorservice.cpp:89]
          UE4Editor_DungeonArchitectRuntime!USnapModule::SpawnModule() [d:\build\++portal+main+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\dungeonarchitect\source\dungeonarchitectruntime\private\builders\snap\module\snapmodule.cpp:90]
          UE4Editor_DungeonArchitectRuntime!SnapSceneProviderCommand_SpawnModule::ExecuteImpl() [d:\build\++portal+main+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\dungeonarchitect\source\dungeonarchitectruntime\private\builders\snap\snapdungeonbuilder.cpp:65]
          UE4Editor_DungeonArchitectRuntime!FDungeonSceneProvider::RunGameThreadCommands() [d:\build\++portal+main+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\dungeonarchitect\source\dungeonarchitectruntime\private\core\sceneproviders\dungeonsceneprovider.cpp:90]
          UE4Editor_DungeonArchitectRuntime!FDungeonBuilderTask::RunGameThreadCommands() [d:\build\++portal+main+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\dungeonarchitect\source\dungeonarchitectruntime\private\core\dungeon.cpp:298]
          UE4Editor_DungeonArchitectRuntime!ADungeon::Tick() [d:\build\++portal+main+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\dungeonarchitect\source\dungeonarchitectruntime\private\core\dungeon.cpp:122]
          UE4Editor_Engine
          UE4Editor_Engine
          UE4Editor_Engine
          UE4Editor_Engine
          UE4Editor_Core
          UE4Editor_Core
          UE4Editor_Core
          UE4Editor_Engine
          UE4Editor_Engine
          UE4Editor_Engine
          UE4Editor_Engine
          UE4Editor_UnrealEd
          UE4Editor_UnrealEd
          UE4Editor
          UE4Editor
          UE4Editor
          UE4Editor
          UE4Editor
          kernel32
          ntdll

Comment

Originally posted by TechLord View Post
            Hi Ali Akbar, I really appreciate the viral and horde-forming mechanics in Zombie City. In my opinion, one of the most effect uses for Zombies, I wish more Zombie games would take advantage of the Viral mechanic.

City Builder is looking really nice. Atter viewing the Zombie City, I can definitely imagine putting City Builder to use in developing a Alien Invasion Survival/Crafting Game concept I've been stewing over. Keep up the awesome work!
            Thanks [MENTION=1977]TechLord[/MENTION]. Let us know what your create!
            Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Justin.Dooley View Post
              Hi Ali,

I have my dungeon set for manual painting only, (0 cells) and am painting it at runtime. Problem is the cells never seem to combine to make a room. They stay areas with fences instead of rooms with walls. Did I miss something somewhere or is this a 2.4 thing?
              [MENTION=3548]Justin.Dooley[/MENTION] it's been that way since the start. The paint tool needs more work. I'll add a way to paint different types of cells (rooms, corridors etc) in the near future

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by TechLord View Post
                Hello Ali Akbar, I'm curious if there will be an all-in-one pacakge for Dungeon Architect | Landscape Architect | City Architect?
                [MENTION=1977]TechLord[/MENTION] They will work nicely with each other and hopefully other third party plugins. I don't plan on merging them in a single package

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
                  [MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION]: City Builder ... 10 points ... it is awesome. I got a chance to work with it last night and it is really cool. I will upload a screenshot when I am happy with the final result.

Just a quick question for the meshes.

I am assuming the pivot points should be centered on the mesh?
                  What direction should the mesh be facing ideally? (i.e. x or y facing)

I need to modify the meshes I am using and just wanted to make sure I get it right and not waste time with multiple imports and edits. 8-}
                  [MENTION=22376]qdelpeche[/MENTION] I believe they face X. You can also rotate along Z in the mesh node instead of reimporting

Edit: Just confirmed the road mesh marker faces X axis (aligned along the X axis)
                  Last edited by Ali Akbar; 12-22-2016, 02:42 AM.

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by dkoding View Post
                    I bought the plugin through the Unreal Marketplace. How can I download version 2.4 from the website?
                    I've sent you a PM with access.

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
                      [MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION]

Can City Architect build on uneven terrain? (I am messing around right now with my mesh based terrain, placing buildings manually and wondering if City Architect would make my life easier )
                      [MENTION=1680]motorsep[/MENTION] Sure, you can do that with dungeon event listeners. After DA generates the layout and emit markers, you hook into the OnMarkersEmitted blueprint function. Then take each of the markers, and clamp them on the landscape (or you landscape mesh). This can be done with a line trace to see where it collides to find the Z on the XY position and move the marker along Z. Then those markers are sent to the theming engine and they places your buildings correctly on the landscape.

Let me know if you need a working sample

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by rctorres View Post
                        Hi, we just bought this and were extremely excited at using snap builder. It seems that we're also having problems with a project using source control (perforce), as it works as expected on non-source control projects. I've pasted the error below. We aren't programmers so a lot of this goes over our heads.
                        [MENTION=525502]rctorres[/MENTION] The snap builder will undergo major changes in the coming days (to make it more stable and flexible) Please use it after that (2.5+)

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
                          @TechLord They will work nicely with each other and hopefully other third party plugins. I don't plan on merging them in a single package
                          I'm huge proponent of Procedural Everything and would vote highly for a integrated product or User Interface. Its the sort of design I'm aiming for with my own plugins. But, I can understand the additional work load involved. Anyways, keep up the awesome work Man!
                          HeadlessStudios.com - S P A G H E T T I: Ninja Swords, Guns & Monsters & Other S**t! - Join Our Discord

Comment

Thanks Ali!

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
                              it's been that way since the start. The paint tool needs more work. I'll add a way to paint different types of cells (rooms, corridors etc) in the near future
                              That's not going to be in the next few months I wouldn't think. At least now I know I didn't break things, I'll take a look at the code and see if I can create a custom solution for it.

Comment

Thanks, Ali. Looking forward to it In the mean time it's easy to toggle source control within unreal off/on for testing but we're looking forward to the new implementation! Keep up the awesome work!

Comment

Working...
                                X