Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi @Ali Akbar

Re: my posts 11-30-16 and 12-01-16

Will you address my concerns about actor spawning in the Runtime Dungeon builder?

It is very hampering to the progress on my game.

Regards
    DKoding

Comment

DKoding, sorry for the delay. I'm in another city and will be back tomorrow. I'll investigate and have a priority fix for you soon. In the mean time could you please send the uasset file to reproduce it?
      Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

JC this was fixed in 2.3.1. I believe that version was not uploaded to the website. I'll upload it tomorrow

Discord Support

Comment

The level of awesomeness is off the charts in this one.

Cheers on amazing work dude!

Comment

Originally posted by Shobhitthackar View Post
            The level of awesomeness is off the charts in this one.

Cheers on amazing work dude!
            Thank you [MENTION=45044]Shobhitthackar[/MENTION]

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by dkoding View Post
              Hi @Ali Akbar - regarding my previous post (constraints broken when spawning actor BP's with multiple meshes connected with constraints) - I have done some more digging and I think I have found the reason for the problem.

When I set scaling on the actor in the Theme - only the first mesh under the scene root is scaled. The rest of the meshes remain the same size, and as a result (I'm guessing) - origins of the objects change individually, and when the difference in origin is bigger than the constraints limits - the constraint breaks.

Also - as only the first mesh is scaled it has all manner of other strange effects.

It looks fine in the preview, it works fine if i use the 'Build Dungeon' button - it is only the 'Runtime Builder' that exhibits this problem - which is unfortunate as that is the one I use.

Regards
              DKoding
              [MENTION=411872]dkoding[/MENTION], I've tested the physics constraints on runtime spawned actors and it seem to works fine with 2.3.1. Could you check again and send me the actor file if it doesn't work correctly?

I see the scaling issue in runtime actors. I'll investigate why

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
                JC this was fixed in 2.3.1. I believe that version was not uploaded to the website. I'll upload it tomorrow
                [MENTION=59677]J.C. Smith[/MENTION] 2.3.1 is available on the website

Discord Support

Comment

Thanks Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratamorph View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]119787[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]119788[/ATTACH]

Any ideas on how to fix it, other than using marker replacement volumes to manually remove them on a case by case basis?
                    [MENTION=463716]Ratamorph[/MENTION] I've tested this in a theme file. I'll think of a workaround

Discord Support

Comment

Ali,

I filled out your form multiple times and provided you the info separately. I still do not have access through the marketplace for DA. I purchased through your website.

Would you please see if you can resolve that issue? I emailed you a couple of times but I have yet to see this corrected.

Thank you kindly.

Comment

Hi Ali,

I found some issues with spawning of actors when using streaming levels.

In my setup i have the Dungeon actor in a level that is loaded using the LoadStreamLevel function. After loading i setup the Dungeon's parameters (theme, config, etc) and call BuildDungeon. All actors that spawn however are created in the persistent level instead of the level the Dungeon is in. When unloading the level all of the actors that were created during the build process are not removed.

I have a temporary fix to this by modifying your spawning code to override the level. Before each call to SpawnActor i do this:
                        Code:
                        	FActorSpawnParameters SpawnParams;
                        	SpawnParams.OverrideLevel = Dungeon ? Dungeon->GetLevel() : NULL;
                        There are several calls to SpawnActor across 3 files:
                        InstancedDungeonSceneProvider.cpp
                        SceneProviderCommand.cpp
                        SceneProviderCommand.h

It would be great if you could verify and apply these changes to your code.

Thanks,
                        hamouras

Comment

Is there a way to destroy rooms or change the cell size after a runtime dungeon has been built? I'm using the Isaac builder (Stylized layout) with the furthest room spawn/boss emitters but they're often emitted in single cell rooms even though the room width/length is greater than 1. Ideally, there would be a min room size option. Changing the min brush size helps but spoils the corridors if they're 3 cells wide etc.
                          Last edited by graysan; 12-07-2016, 10:35 PM. Reason: added "runtime" for clarity

Comment

[MENTION=33709]Echo9Hotel[/MENTION] I received a mail from Epic yesterday that all the pending requests were processed. I've checked and your name was also in the list. Could you try logging out of your launcher and back in? If you still don't see it, please let me know
                            Last edited by Ali Akbar; 12-08-2016, 05:21 AM. Reason: typo

Discord Support

Comment

[MENTION=33047]hamouras[/MENTION], Thank you for the fix. I'll add that in the next update

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by graysan View Post
                                Is there a way to destroy rooms or change the cell size after a runtime dungeon has been built? I'm using the Isaac builder (Stylized layout) with the furthest room spawn/boss emitters but they're often emitted in single cell rooms even though the room width/length is greater than 1. Ideally, there would be a min room size option. Changing the min brush size helps but spoils the corridors if they're 3 cells wide etc.
                                The stylized builder changes the rectangular room into different shapes (called room layout, which is a bunch of on/off points in the XY grid of the room rectangle). I'll add the ability to modify the layout of each room from blueprints (so you don't have a single cell room for your desired rooms)

Discord Support

Comment

Working...
                                X