Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Laurentius View Post
    This post looks interesting and could be a very usable approach on giving the whole level a game flow - nice!
    I read nothing about visual customization of the "special" rooms, but maybe this can be done also with this new editor - we'll see ;-)

Thanks for working on this and improving DA.
    I agree - this would be useful. I have been implementing my own solution to this but it takes a lot of work.

Comment

There are some bugs in 2.3 under unreal 4.14.

When creating blueprint for marker emitting, i cannot get structures properly from function node. Looks like unreal does not know types for dungeon model etc.

Also following instructions about starter pack for dungeon architect, how to install it, creates some empty blueprints, but that may be result of above bug. I seen some nodes that were disconnected, with majority of graph missing.

Ps.
      Is there a way to get my dungeon architect license added to marketplace, when i bought it on your website?

Comment

Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
        There are some bugs in 2.3 under unreal 4.14.

When creating blueprint for marker emitting, i cannot get structures properly from function node. Looks like unreal does not know types for dungeon model etc.

Also following instructions about starter pack for dungeon architect, how to install it, creates some empty blueprints, but that may be result of above bug. I seen some nodes that were disconnected, with majority of graph missing.
        A bug report about issues with importing https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...n-project.html
        [LEGENDS of EPICATwitter / FB / YT / Vimeo discord.gg/saG3x4Y]

Comment

It is not that bug, this is a bit different, even new nodes created in marker emitter blueprint (class from dungeon architect), do not have correct structures exposed. So i cannot use those pins. Many nodes inside imported blueprints are there and would work if overwritten function exposed correct pins. Pins are there but they do not have proper structures behind them.

And overall i love recent improvements to dungeon architect.

Comment

How do you deal with single sided meshes? Use transform logic, or is there an option for this? For now using merged actor, created double sided mesh.
            Last edited by unit23; 11-23-2016, 10:41 AM.

Comment

The spawn blueprint always spawns the actors at location (0,0,0) ...
              If I set a breakpoint in the blueprint in the BeginPlay event, I can see that GetActorLocation always returns (0,0,0) when using a runtime generated gridbuilder dungeon.

It works correctly when building a static dungeon.
              happens here too, 2.3 with that fix you mentioned. This might has happened after i ticked the Absolute Location option.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	location.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	392.0 KB
ID:	1118840
              Last edited by unit23; 11-23-2016, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                happens here too, 2.3 with that fix you mentioned. This might has happened after i ticked the Absolute Location option.
                That's not the same issue. The blueprints are created at the right location in the theme editor.
                But the actual actor (e.g. AI) that's spawned by the blueprints BeginPlay event can not be spawned at the right location because GetActorLocation does always return (0,0,0).

The workaround is to not spawn the actor in BeginPlay but to manually go through all spawn blueprints after the dungeon has been created and spawn the actor with a custom event.
                But this is just a hack for what should work out of the box.
                Last edited by Laurentius; 11-23-2016, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Okay i found out what causes my merged meshes to spawn at 0. Happens when you tick Pivot point at zero, on the merge screen.

Comment

How exactly do you setup doors, with selectors? A screenshot would be handy, thanks.

Comment

The workaround is to not spawn the actor in BeginPlay but to manually go through all spawn blueprints after the dungeon has been created and spawn the actor with a custom event.
                      I can confirm that this workaround works, but I have another strange phenomenon.

A runtime created gridbuilder dungeon runs when starting as PIE, but does not work correctly when started as a standalone game.
                      Only half of the dungeon will be built and walls, doors, player start, ai spawns are missing (maybe more ....).

Build as a static dungeon it works in PIE and standalone game.

All the bugs concerning dungeonvolumes do persist in all modes.

This is with most current DA version (2.3.0 hotfix1) and UE 4.14.

Comment

Hey All,
                        I've had good success with the Dungeon Query system and theme override volumes for rooms, but corridors are another matter. Since corridors are often connected to corridor padding and other corridors, making a substantial theme override seem difficult (like if we wanted our corridor to appear as an indoor environment whereas normally it appears outdoors, for example). Has anyone accomplished having substantially different themes for certain corridors?

For example, if you look at this debug view of a corridor, you'll see that it consists of much more than just one corridor cell, so we would really need to override the theme for all connected corridor padding and corridor cells as well, otherwise things are going to look strange very quickly. So what we'll need to do is identify all corridor and corridor padding between rooms and apply a theme override. I can't think of any way to do this cleanly with the current toolset. Ideas?

Click image for larger version

Name:	dungeondebug.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1118919
                        Last edited by DrinkThisPotion; 11-25-2016, 02:38 PM. Reason: Added more detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
                          It is not that bug, this is a bit different, even new nodes created in marker emitter blueprint (class from dungeon architect), do not have correct structures exposed. So i cannot use those pins. Many nodes inside imported blueprints are there and would work if overwritten function exposed correct pins. Pins are there but they do not have proper structures behind them.

And overall i love recent improvements to dungeon architect.
                          [MENTION=938]Nawrot[/MENTION], Since 2.x, you'll need to cast the DungeonModel to the appropriate builder class (like GridDungeonModel). You'll have your functions there. There is also a new query interface which you can find in the latest quick start samples.

Edit: [MENTION=938]Nawrot[/MENTION] I've sent you a PM with the link. Please fill up the form so I can send a request to Epic
                          Last edited by Ali Akbar; 11-26-2016, 05:17 AM. Reason: pm
                          Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Comment

For a test I made a new actor blueprint and just print the location return by GetActorLocation in BeginPlay on screen.
                            I then added the actor blueprint into my theme with a new actor node.

Vector 0,0,0 is always printed on screen ... ^^

Here is how I generate the runtime dungeon - maybe something is wrong here or must be updated?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]118564[/ATTACH]

And another question - does RebuildNavigation force the NavMesh to rebuild? Or whats the purpose of this node?
                            [MENTION=121838]Laurentius[/MENTION] I've tested with AI samples and they work properly. I'll check again

Edit: Rebuild Navigation node manually invokes the rebuild from C++ as UE4 doesn't seem to rebuild it after the volume is changed at runtime
                            Last edited by Ali Akbar; 11-26-2016, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                              How do you deal with single sided meshes? Use transform logic, or is there an option for this? For now using merged actor, created double sided mesh.
                              [MENTION=31112]unit23[/MENTION] In this case, I add two mesh nodes rotated to face the other directions (with ConsumeOnAttach unchecked so both get executed)

Comment

That's not the same issue. The blueprints are created at the right location in the theme editor.
                                But the actual actor (e.g. AI) that's spawned by the blueprints BeginPlay event can not be spawned at the right location because GetActorLocation does always return (0,0,0).

[MENTION=121838]Laurentius[/MENTION], You are right it is not working in standalone. I'll have a fix soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X