• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Submitted 2.3.0 to Epic for review
    Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
      It should return unique ids. Your attachment is not showing up. Could you upload again?
      That's odd - it appears to be working for me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	daroomselection.png
Views:	1
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	1118587

Comment

Both windows and mac version of 2.3.0 are available in the website

Comment

Actor Node Customization

Added the ability to customize your actor nodes. Select the actor class you'd like to spawn. Then expand the Actor Template field and customize any field

I guess this works for walls too? And bought the package today, made a quick video with my current state AI Very easy, robust, and fast, actually surprised how fast this was to accomplish. https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post625463
          [LEGENDS of EPICATwitter / FB / YT / Vimeo discord.gg/saG3x4Y]

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
            I guess this works for walls too? And bought the package today, made a quick video with my current state AI Very easy, robust, and fast, actually surprised how fast this was to accomplish. https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post625463
            [MENTION=31112]unit23[/MENTION] The actor node can be attached to any marker. You can for e.g. mount turrets on your walls to create a tower defence like game and have the turret blueprint customised

And thank you for using DA Your game is looking nice. Looking forward to the progress

Comment

[MENTION=2631]ali[/MENTION]

Hey man I would like to request a feature. DA Nav-mesh-volume. Would be nice to have one that auto sized to encompass the built dungeon automatically. Do to the random nature it is often difficult to guess how big it need to be and often you have to make it so big that can cause issues. Often times most of the Volume end up empty. Anyway Thanks.
              James Brad Barnette
              Senior Creative Artist
              3Dmotif LLC

Comment

Originally posted by James Barnette View Post
                @<a href="https://forums.unrealengine.com/member.php?u=2631" target="_blank">ali</a>

Hey man I would like to request a feature. DA Nav-mesh-volume. Would be nice to have one that auto sized to encompass the built dungeon automatically. Do to the random nature it is often difficult to guess how big it need to be and often you have to make it so big that can cause issues. Often times most of the Volume end up empty. Anyway Thanks.
                Hey James, check this post. It has an example to do just that

Comment

Hi Ali.

Using DA 2.3.0 and Unreal 4.14 I have the problem that my actor spawn blueprint does always spawn the actor (e.g. AI actor) at origin location (0,0,0). The actor is spawned during the begin play event of the actor spawn blueprint.

I did not have this problem using DA 2.2.x.

This problem only occurrs when using a runtime (gridbuilder) dungeon. The same dungeon using a build DA dungeon without creation at runtime works perfectly.
                  Last edited by Laurentius; 11-18-2016, 06:12 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=59935]A[/MENTION]li:

I think in the snap builder There is a redundancy in that we have in the SnapModuleInfo node, a Boolean on weather something can be an "end node". Then in The Dungeon-node in build map we have a list of the Modules that we want to be "end nodes". I dont think it is necessary to define it in both places do you? I think we can remove it from the SnapModuleNode nodes and just control it in a single place, being the list in the Dungeon Node.

Honestly Think most of the info in the SnapModuleInfo node is not redundant since you are defining most of it in the Dungeon Node now.

Does 2.3.0 have a snap build at runtime yet?
                    James Brad Barnette
                    Senior Creative Artist
                    3Dmotif LLC

Comment

[MENTION=2631]ali[/MENTION] the 2.3.0 snap builder seems to work pretty great except one bug that I'm seeing. It is not putting the End room on. No matter what room I put as the End room it never adds it. It seems that any room that I try to set as an end room either for branch or as the main end room it refuses to use them. instead it uses one of the rooms from the main list and caps it off. in all of my main rooms I have "can be end" checked in the info node.

I have tried using each of these rooms in the start position and they all work fine it is only in the End and Branch End Positions that are completely getting skipped.

I get nothing in the output log explaining why they are not using them or anything. Other than that it seems to work great!

HOME: Ok so some of them seem to work as branch ends sometimes. it is very strange
                      Last edited by calmasacow; 11-19-2016, 03:12 AM.
                      James Brad Barnette
                      Senior Creative Artist
                      3Dmotif LLC

Comment

Copy and paste an actor node does always crash the theme editor and UE editor.

I works if there is no blueprint selected in the actor node - but there is no purpose of copy/pasting default actor nodes ;-)

Comment

Another smaller bug: the theme editor shows non editable variables for an actor nodes blueprint.
                          IMHO it should only show editable variables.

Comment

Originally posted by Laurentius View Post
                            Hi Ali.

Using DA 2.3.0 and Unreal 4.14 I have the problem that my actor spawn blueprint does always spawn the actor (e.g. AI actor) at origin location (0,0,0). The actor is spawned during the begin play event of the actor spawn blueprint.

I did not have this problem using DA 2.2.x.

This problem only occurrs when using a runtime (gridbuilder) dungeon. The same dungeon using a build DA dungeon without creation at runtime works perfectly.
                            I cannot reproduce this bug. The actors pawn correctly, however there was a fix previously which was not pushed (setting of nested blueprints inside another blueprint) which was causing AIBehaviorToolkit to not work. I've added that and will publish a hotfix soon

Comment

Originally posted by Laurentius View Post
                              Copy and paste an actor node does always crash the theme editor and UE editor.

I works if there is no blueprint selected in the actor node - but there is no purpose of copy/pasting default actor nodes ;-)
                              Thanks for the bug report. I've fixed the crash issue but the node information is not copied somehow. So it creates an empty node when copied, which is useless but better than the crash I've spent some time but couldn't figure out why the engine is not deserializing the copied node (probably because of the actor template reference). I'll get back to it later when I get time

Comment

I cannot reproduce this bug. The actors pawn correctly, however there was a fix previously which was not pushed (setting of nested blueprints inside another blueprint) which was causing AIBehaviorToolkit to not work. I've added that and will publish a hotfix soon
                                I'm using the AIBehaviorToolkit ^^ ... so that is the problem with the spawner blueprint. Nice that this will be fixed soon ...

I once had a crash with the editor copying and pasting a mesh node and the editor crashed when I connected the pasted mesh node - I cannot reproduce this though.

But another bug is very noticable: the Undo behavior is very strange. If I delete something in the theme editor I cannot undo it.

The crashes and undo bug makes it very hard to work in the theme editor with 2.3.0 - I hope things get better with the hotfix.

Thanks for working on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X