No announcement yet.

Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be useful if I could add blueprint to the Dungeon Theme Override Volume. Currently I'm having to create a second volume for each room if I need to run script in the volume. Is there a way that this is possible? I tried just 'add blueprint/script' to an existing theme override volume but I think this changes the type and DA no longer uses the volume after that.

Comment

After updating to 4.14 I get loads of warnings saying:
      Warning Calling SetStaticMesh on '/Game/MPTopdownKit/Maps/UEDPIE_0_DA_Runtime_Map.DA_Runtime_Map:PersistentLevel.StaticMeshActor_0.StaticMeshComponent0' but Mobility is Static.

Thats for all static mesh components DA generates ...

Can I do something agains these warnings?

And I had to set my floor mesh to Mobility = Movable to avoid it disappearing (and keep my characters and NPC falling down ;-)).

Do I need to set every actor to "Movable", now?

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
        Actor Node Customization
        Added the ability to customize your actor nodes. Select the actor class you'd like to spawn. Then expand the Actor Template field and customize any field
        I don't know how to use this.
        The Blueprints I use in the themes actor nodes do not have a setting for "Actor Template" ... (only Class Template, Probability, Consume On Attach)

Even a newly created actor blueprint with a public variable does not have these options.

Maybe I missunderstood this feature as I thought I could edit settings for blueprints in the theme editor? (like e.g. have a generic AI spawner blueprint - and set the AI to spawn in the theme editor)

I'm using DA 2.2.1 on UE 4.14 by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by DrinkThisPotion View Post
          It would be useful if I could add blueprint to the Dungeon Theme Override Volume. Currently I'm having to create a second volume for each room if I need to run script in the volume. Is there a way that this is possible? I tried just 'add blueprint/script' to an existing theme override volume but I think this changes the type and DA no longer uses the volume after that.
          [MENTION=504934]DrinkThisPotion[/MENTION] I'll have a look
          Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Laurentius View Post
            [MENTION=121838]Laurentius[/MENTION] I'll look into this

I don't know how to use this.
            The Blueprints I use in the themes actor nodes do not have a setting for "Actor Template" ... (only Class Template, Probability, Consume On Attach)

Even a newly created actor blueprint with a public variable does not have these options.

Maybe I missunderstood this feature as I thought I could edit settings for blueprints in the theme editor? (like e.g. have a generic AI spawner blueprint - and set the AI to spawn in the theme editor)

I'm using DA 2.2.1 on UE 4.14 by the way.
            Actor node customization is not part of 2.2.1. It will be available in the next update

Discord Support

Comment

Warning Calling SetStaticMesh on '/Game/MPTopdownKit/Maps/UEDPIE_0_DA_Runtime_Map.DA_Runtime_Map:PersistentLevel.StaticMeshActor_0.StaticMeshComponent0' but Mobility is Static.

Thats for all static mesh components DA generates ...

Can I do something agains these warnings?

And I had to set my floor mesh to Mobility = Movable to avoid it disappearing (and keep my characters and NPC falling down ;-)).

[MENTION=121838]Laurentius[/MENTION] I've fixed the bug that was causing runtime dungeons to not spawn meshes. It's a critical bug and I'll submit a new version by today

Discord Support

Comment

[MENTION=121838]Laurentius[/MENTION] I've fixed the bug that was causing runtime dungeons to not spawn meshes. It's a critical bug and I'll submit a new version by today
                Thanks Ali.

No problem - I'll download the fixed version from your website.

Ah, and actor customization will come in a future version - I thought I'm blind ;-)

Comment

"Spawn Logic" Blueprints

Execute custom blueprints on your spawned actors right after they are spawned in to the scene. This gives you more flexibility on customizing the spawned actors. They are attached to the visual nodes (like the selector and transform logics) and executed when the node executes.

Some use cases:

Give random colors to your lights on the scene
                  Change the attributes of your NPC after they are spawned
                  Change the material attributes of your actors after they are spawned
                  and much more

Here's an example where I change the color of the ground tile randomly with the spawn logic blueprint attached to the ground node

A blueprint to randomly change the color of the lights. Attach it to the light nodes

Discord Support

Comment

Added a warning notification in the details panel if a work in progress builder is selected

Discord Support

Comment

Added documentation entries for Dungeon Architect in the editor's Help menu

Discord Support

Comment

Version 2.3.0

Available on the website (Win64). I'll test on Mac and submit to Epic

Change log
                        * Fixed a critical bug with runtime dungeons not spawning meshes properly
                        * Actor Nodes are now customizable. Blueprints or actors spawned by the Actor node can have any of their properties customized from the theme editor
                        * Added Spawn Logic Blueprints, which are attached to the visual nodes and get executed when the actor is spawned on the scene, giving more control on the customization of the spawned actor
                        * Display a "Work In Progress" warning message in the Dungeon actor's details window if an experimental builder is selected
                        * Added Documentation entries for Dungeon Architect in the editor's Help menu. The quick start guide, user guide and video tutorials can be launched from there

Discord Support

Comment

"Spawn Logic" Blueprints

Execute custom blueprints on your spawned actors right after they are spawned in to the scene. This gives you more flexibility on customizing the spawned actors. They are attached to the visual nodes (like the selector and transform logics) and executed when the node executes.

Some use cases:

Give random colors to your lights on the scene
                          Change the attributes of your NPC after they are spawned
                          Change the material attributes of your actors after they are spawned
                          and much more

Here's an example where I change the color of the ground tile randomly with the spawn logic blueprint attached to the ground node

A blueprint to randomly change the color of the lights. Attach it to the light nodes
                          Awesome!!!!!!!!! From this type of blueprint can I do things like 'get all actors of class' or 'spawn actor?' -- there are times when it might be useful to be able to do things like that at some point during the dungeon's construction - mostly to be able to spawn things while using the dungeon query system. Not really that critical as there are other ways you've built for doing it, but might be nice.
                          Last edited by DrinkThisPotion; 11-18-2016, 12:34 PM. Reason: Took out imgs and added text.

Comment

Quick question, in the Query system - if I get cells of type room, will each room in the returned array represent a distinct / unique room in the dungeon? I am asking because I created a list of 'taken' rooms and a function to select a room which is not taken. But sometimes even though I have selected a room in a different index in the array the room appears to be on top of the other room in the dungeon. This is not expected. Any ideas why?

Comment

Awesome!!!!!!!!! From this type of blueprint can I do things like 'get all actors of class' or 'spawn actor?' -- there are times when it might be useful to be able to do things like that at some point during the dungeon's construction - mostly to be able to spawn things while using the dungeon query system. Not really that critical as there are other ways you've built for doing it, but might be nice.
                              You should be able to do that, however this method is more suited for a more low level customisation of individual objects. Also for spawning actors, DA needs to know about it so it can delete it when the dungeon is destroyed / rebuilt. I'll provide a registration function for it

Discord Support

Comment

Quick question, in the Query system - if I get cells of type room, will each room in the returned array represent a distinct / unique room in the dungeon? I am asking because I created a list of 'taken' rooms and a function to select a room which is not taken. But sometimes even though I have selected a room in a different index in the array the room appears to be on top of the other room in the dungeon. This is not expected. Any ideas why?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]118063[/ATTACH]
                                It should return unique ids. Your attachment is not showing up. Could you upload again?

Discord Support

Comment

Working...
                                X