No announcement yet.

Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Past two days I've been experimenting with an alternative to the snap build process where the contents of the intermediate levels are streamed in, then they are moved to the main persistent level and the intermediate level is deleted. (to avoid creation of lots of streamed in levels). However in some cases it crashes the engine due to some tick errors in another thread and we cannot have that.

The world composition method (with intermediate level files) works fine and I'll work on finalizing that
    Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

I got snap dungeon crashing on me

Comment

Can this be used to procedurally place foliage, rocks, branches, and other natural assets?

Our project doesn't need any dungeons. Just would like to have such natural elements randomly placed when a player starts a level. The map size would be 1km x 1km.
        Our Ghosts of War - The World's First World War 2 Survival Game
        Twitter: @ourghostsofwar

Comment

I fixed the issues with the Snap builder and I'll have a new build soon

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by PixelPerfectPolygons View Post
            Can this be used to procedurally place foliage, rocks, branches, and other natural assets?

Our project doesn't need any dungeons. Just would like to have such natural elements randomly placed when a player starts a level. The map size would be 1km x 1km.
            [MENTION=29721]PixelPerfectPolygons[/MENTION] DA is not suitable for this. Will this help? Procedural Foliage Tool

Discord Support

Comment

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...geon-architect

This pack won the September 2016 Community Pick award!
              Thank you everyone for making it happen ^_^

Discord Support

Comment

Created a Discord server for DA if you have any questions

https://discord.gg/dRewTSU

What is Discord?
                Discord is free text & voice chat for gaming communities. You can use it straight on the web or download apps for Windows, macOS, iOS and Android. There's a server-independent friends list, and you can join as many servers as you want with a single account. Learn more
                Last edited by Ali Akbar; 10-07-2016, 11:28 PM. Reason: updated link

Discord Support

Comment

Created a new type of volume to replace markers:

You can use this to manually add/remove doors and more

[MENTION=463716]Ratamorph[/MENTION]

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
                    Created a new type of volume to replace markers:

You can use this to manually add/remove doors and more

[MENTION=463716]Ratamorph[/MENTION]
                    Thanks for the info [MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION], that' exactly what I need, I can't seem to find that volume type in my version, I got the latest version from the marketplace. Is this an upcoming feature or something wrong with my installation?

Comment

Originally posted by Ratamorph View Post
                      Thanks for the info [MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION], that' exactly what I need, I can't seem to find that volume type in my version, I got the latest version from the marketplace. Is this an upcoming feature or something wrong with my installation?
                      It will be available in the upcoming version

Discord Support

Comment

Discord invitation has expired

Comment

Has anyone attempted to use this great looking tool with the Modular Neighborhood pack? Any issues before I pick up Dungeon Architect?

Comment

[MENTION=231784]fender21[/MENTION] as long as you have these static meshes to be placed on the map to create dungeon-like maps, it should work in a snap. While i have never tested this combination of the assets, the dungeon architect examples should give a decent impression and promise that most of the modular asset packs should be compatible with the plugin with very little to no efforts. You just configure it up and done.

The real challenge here in your case would be to actually get a rather sophisticated map (this entire neighborhood area) to be proc built like the one on the Modular Neighborhood videos you have seen. But if you just want to create house interiors or some smaller parts only, that might just be possible right away, tho it will require work on your part to actually get the right item placement rules to be created (eg various kitchen templates etc).

This city builder also appears to be a promising feature of the dungeon builder, tho i'm not sure if there's any example regarding the usage.
                            Articles
                            * Sharp and responsive Temporal Anti-Aliasing tips and tricks
                            * Pitch-shift source effect (DSP) over the network (VOIP)

Portfolio
                            * My Portfolio and Developer Blog

Comment

Hi,
                              first of all, this is an awesome plugin.

But i'm having a bit of a few difficulties. I'm trying to create a selector for corner walls, so i can spawn corner pieces instead of normal wall pieces (because if i use normal wall pieces in multi story dungeon tiles, i get a lot of flickering).
                              Unfortunately half of the wall markers report their id as a huge negative number and cell type unknown and location and size of the cell is [0,0]. If i try using the is room selector (as it was in the examples) i get this (unfortunately something went wrong with the image upload (database error) so there's a imagebin link):

https://imagebin.ca/v/2xXJIyvbiSia

Anybody else has this problem or is there an easy way to select the corners of rooms?

Thanks
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by whisper2shade; 10-06-2016, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by whisper2shade View Post
                                Hi,
                                first of all, this is an awesome plugin.

But i'm having a bit of a few difficulties. I'm trying to create a selector for corner walls, so i can spawn corner pieces instead of normal wall pieces (because if i use normal wall pieces in multi story dungeon tiles, i get a lot of flickering).
                                Unfortunately half of the wall markers report their id as a huge negative number and cell type unknown and location and size of the cell is [0,0]. If i try using the is room selector (as it was in the examples) i get this (unfortunately something went wrong with the image upload (database error) so there's a imagebin link):

https://imagebin.ca/v/2xXJIyvbiSia

Anybody else has this problem or is there an easy way to select the corners of rooms?

Thanks
                                [MENTION=459225]whisper2shade[/MENTION] Could you post a screenshot of the dungeon properties window. I'll have a look

Discord Support

Comment

Working...
                                X