No announcement yet.

Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, I can't wait for future updates!

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
      [MENTION=463716]Ratamorph[/MENTION] It could be done with volumes, like a marker replacement volume where you give a list of replacement values (e.g. Wall -> Door, Stair -> None). Any marker inside it would be replaced before theming is attached to it
      Thanks for the reply, you mean to use the theme override volume? or implement a marker replacement volume myself?

Comment

A quick update on the marketplace integration for website customers, I waited for a few days for people to respond (about 45% have responded) and sent the list to Epic last week (on 20th). I'll let you know if I hear from them
        Thanks for that... Signed up when I first got your email... Nothing from Epic yet... (Not in my vault). BUT, I know Epic does take a bit of time...

teak
        "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
        -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.22 here.

Comment

[MENTION=59935]A[/MENTION]li: ok this is also new. Destroy Dungeon take about 4-6x as long as building the dungeon did in the editor.
          James Brad Barnette
          Senior Creative Artist
          3Dmotif LLC

Comment

Ok guys I'm begging here can someone show me a way to run-time build with the snap builder? The example for the grid builder doesn't work. I have tried everything I can think of and nothing is working and with not being able to save due to the bugs I must build using the level blueprint. I have to make a demo Monday right now I can even build the level.

-Desparate
            James Brad Barnette
            Senior Creative Artist
            3Dmotif LLC

Comment

BTW guys, Dungeon Architect now shows up in my Vault.

Thanks Epic and Ali for getting this for those of us who bought the plugin before it was on the Marketplace
              Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

still nothing here
                James Brad Barnette
                Senior Creative Artist
                3Dmotif LLC

Comment

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
                  BTW guys, Dungeon Architect now shows up in my Vault.

Thanks Epic and Ali for getting this for those of us who bought the plugin before it was on the Marketplace
                  Awesome! You all deserve it
                  [MENTION=3956]James Barnette[/MENTION] I submitted the first batch of users on 20th. Submitted the second batch yesterday (30th). If you registered between 20-30 it will take a few days for Epic to add
                  Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

[MENTION=3956]James Barnette[/MENTION]

Edit: Runtime works in PIE. Has issues in standalone build. I'll check it out
                    Last edited by Ali Akbar; 10-01-2016, 01:43 AM. Reason: runtime issues

Discord Support

Comment

I tried another approach, where after streaming in the (temporary cloned) module map, I move all the actors to the main persistent level and then destroy the streamed in cloned module level. This way it does not leave any intermediate files. I also deal with foliage (they need to be copied over to the main level's foliage actor, which can be only one per level). Here I need to keep track of all the foliage that was added by the dungeon, so it removes only those instances while destroying the dungeon

Discord Support

Comment

Well as I said I have decided to roll back to 2.1.10 till all of this gets sorted out. I just need to know how to build the dungeon on level load in the level blueprint the example given is for the GridBuilder and doesn't seem to apply. If someone can tell me how to get the SnapBuilder to to build as the first thing when the level loads. as I stated whatever the new method is in the Betas. the level builds quick in the editor but the performance is Horrible. I go from a steady 45-60fpd in 2.1.10. Same level in the latest Beta is like 2-5fps
                        James Brad Barnette
                        Senior Creative Artist
                        3Dmotif LLC

Comment

Awesome! You all deserve it
                          [MENTION=3956]James Barnette[/MENTION] I submitted the first batch of users on 20th. Submitted the second batch yesterday (30th). If you registered between 20-30 it will take a few days for Epic to add
                          Still nothing for me and I responded on the 18th...but i also havent opened unreal in awhile so maybe it needs to be open to register itself, for some reason.

Comment

It is cool I'm in now hurry. Right now I need the constant updates of the direct purchased version. So I think I know the source of the performance loss and it may be dependent on my game assets and the BrokenSnapDoor. Basically it is not changing states and is not culling unused doors so since my door has Lights and particles on it they are all getting doubled.
                            James Brad Barnette
                            Senior Creative Artist
                            3Dmotif LLC

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCrackerStudios View Post
                              Still nothing for me and I responded on the 18th...but i also havent opened unreal in awhile so maybe it needs to be open to register itself, for some reason.
                              I haven't gotten it yet either and I'm pretty sure I signed up the same day Ali posted about it. I'm guessing they add us by hand so it might take a while to go through all of us?

Comment

just realized dungeaon architect is in my vault now

thanks Ali Akbar and EPIC

Comment

Working...
                                X