Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    This looks like it could be really good for a project I am working on now. Would it be possible for me to build a bunch of rooms as separate levels then use the level generator to connect them together while having some dynamic areas acting as hallways or spaces between them?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by motorsep View Post
    Oh, thanks. Didn't know that. Is it specific to DA or just a general UE4 tool?
    Just a generic UE4 feature - but because DA spawns the dungeon as individual actors after you click Build, it should work.

I use the Blueprint from actors/components thing a lot to move pieces of levels around.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
    then under the Blueprint drop down at the top of the editor, select Create Blueprint from Selected Components.
    Oh, thanks. Didn't know that. Is it specific to DA or just a general UE4 tool?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=1680]motorsep[/MENTION] - You should be able to do that by using the standard tools, e.g., set up DA theme, build dungeon, select all the actors, then under the Blueprint drop down at the top of the editor, select Create Blueprint from Selected Components.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It would be nice to add a tool to DA that allows user to build a piece of dungeon (or rather, a "module") in the Editor, then select all the pieces comprising the module and in one click turn it into BP Actor. Is it something that can be done, [MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION] ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
    [MENTION=753241]NicoSlevin[/MENTION] Your art should be fine. In your case, the grid size would be 2500x2500 and the 4 way intersection would fit properly. The roads can have a gap of 500 on the sides (500.1500.500x2500). How is your mesh pivot aligned? It would be easier if it is in the center or you'll have to play a bit with the offset
    Thanks for the reply, I tried to make the grid 2500x2500 and yes there were some gaps, I'll give it another shot tonight and watch all your videos again since I was having some issues when I tried to fix the gaps and houses did not line up with the edge of the street and try to move the pivot like you said, thank you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Created a new release. I'll test it on mac and publish to Epic

Version 2.6.1
    * Fixed static lightmap baking issues with instanced mesh dungeons
    * Fixed a bug with PostDungeonBuild Listener Event which was getting fired before all the dungeon actors were spawned
    * Added height variations to the custom grid builder
    * Fixed a crash issue with the IsNearMarker function if the builder was not provided
    * Added a new help system to launch the documentation links from within the editor. This can be invoked from the Dungeon Actor's details panel or from the theme editor's toolbar

2.6.1 for windows is available in my website

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Added a help system so you can launch the documentation from one place in the editor

This can be launched from the Dungeon actors details panel

It can also be launched from the Theme Editor's toolbar

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NicoSlevin View Post
    Can you maybe make a video tut on this, trying to do something similar but I'm having issues getting everything to line up proper, do all the meshes need to be the same size? Like my 4 way intersection is 2500 x 2500 and my roads are 1500 x 2500 and houses are around 900 x 2300. Do they all need to be the same size? Thanks
    [MENTION=753241]NicoSlevin[/MENTION] Your art should be fine. In your case, the grid size would be 2500x2500 and the 4 way intersection would fit properly. The roads can have a gap of 500 on the sides (500.1500.500x2500). How is your mesh pivot aligned? It would be easier if it is in the center or you'll have to play a bit with the offset

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HAF-Blade View Post
    Hi. I tried to tinker around with the snap builder and I saw in the documentation that you recommend to create levels and CONVERT them into blueprints?
    How do you do this. Currently I have to build the level snaps in the blueprint editor which is really a little bit annoying :P
    [MENTION=23518]HAF-Blade[/MENTION] You convert them by selecting the actor and choosing them to convert to BP. However, other artists have also voice similar concerns. It's a nightmare to design anything in the blueprint editor. The snap builder is a work in progress and will undergo changes in the future updates. I'm working on providing a separate editor to block out your snap module shapes. I'll have more info later

Leave a comment:

Working...
X