Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Stairs are all crazy

does anyone have the same problem, how to fix this? this happens on almost every seed i looked.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by fuerogames
    [MENTION=459386]Drint[/MENTION]ThisPotion - Combine the spartial constrain for floor corner - there is an example here a few posts back by Ali that works really well! You can mark all corners and spawn things "near those markers" or spawn void elements near the market making it empty. You can also use the spartial constrain from my answear for pillars corner detection.
    [MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION] - How to make a dungeon that is instanced meshes and then spawn powerups that are actors on top of it? not instanced, but use certain rules of the dungeon. I am using the same construction as file land spliting the dungeons. however its still one dungeon on one rule set.
    Maybe if its 2 dungeons and one is instanced and one is not? but they use the same random? But Im afraid on the performance to spawn every dungeon twice.
    Interesting approach. Hadn't thought about using "near" or "not near" in conjunction with the corner markers to get at the center-most markers.
    By the way, there's a corner marker emitter example in the example kit which you could use instead of the ground marker trick.

I am going to give what you're saying a try.

For the corridors, though, there can be a ton of space between the centermost ground / wall markers and the corners.

Anyway I'm going to give it a try and see how it comes out.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nevermind. I figured it out. Sorry for the noise.

I did not see the marketplace folder...

C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.15\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\DungeonArchitect\Source

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok I give up. How to I access the source code?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    stairs acting crazy

hello, how to fix this? getting this issue on almost every seed, am i missing something?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DrinkThisPotion View Post
    Hi Ali,
    I think it would be very useful to have a corner marker emitter. There are some edge cases I'm having trouble accounting for using the spatial constraints. What if I want to select all markers except for in room corners, for example? Also if I want to try to find the 'middle' of a set of wall markers, which would be very useful for decoration and lighting. Any ideas?

Maybe there's some way to do it that I'm missing. Here's a couple of illustrations of things I'd like to do. By the way, the room free edge marker you wrote sometimes seemingly spawns in corridors and strange places. As the first thought I had was to try to use that marker.

Ex1. Select everything but the corners. (wall markers)

Ex2. Not sure how to describe this, but I'd like to select markers in this configuration as well.
    I can handle that.
    For the floor make new tile and place it before the normal floor. make it consume on spawn. make it call a new marker - call it whatever like "FloorCorner". Add the floor corner to the graph and simply add a normal floor tile there. now... make sure that the floor corner marker is spawned ONLY on spartial constrait for corner spawning Ali shopwed here a few posts back! this way you will have consistent floor however you will have a corner marker in every floor corner! Now simply use of the "is near marker" functionality to NOT spawn deco near corners hope that helps.

Ali I need a little help. Getting into the dungeon architect shows me more and more functionality and new ways to use it every day. I am using multiple marker spawners like in the fire level demo mixed with theme override. However I run into a problem. Not with the plugin but with fixing some functionality.

I spawn instanced dungeon as my dungeon is well.. buildings. And in those buildings I have walls floor etc - as instanced meshes. Its very efective and lightweight. However inside those buildings another theme is spawning loot. That can't be instanced. However it must spawn loot acordingly to the rules regarding constraints, is near etc of the building itself. I dont want to spawn loot mid air or on furniture that doesn't exist. How to do that? How to make sure I can spawn instanced walls and floors and later on top of those spawn actors?
    Socnd question - Can I make a grid dungeon with all coredoors and rooms forced to be nex tto another? with no closed free space between them? I can easily achieve it with room volumes placed in close aproximation by hand, but cant find a sweetspot for dungeon random creation.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION]
    I'm getting a BP compile error in using the quick start content pack

"One or more blueprints has an unresolved compiler error, are you sure you want to Play in Editor?
    BP_SplinePathBuilder
    Found the BP and the error reads:
    Warning Could not find a variable named "Spline" in 'BP_SplinePathBuilder'.
    Make sure 'BP_SplinePathBuilder' has been compiled for Get Spline
    Is there a way to fix this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, I'm really on a roll with the questions here (it's because it's level building time!).

I need an emitter which would be positioned only on a room or corridor which has a wall facing the edge of the map (scenery).

This is so I can have broken walls which allow a view of the scenery but don't ever show the dungeon.

The RoomLongEdge emitter almost does this (with the RoomShrine) - but it's not guaranteed to be a room on the edge of the map.

Ali, is there any way to restrict an emitter to spawn in specific map locations? (like the corner, edge rooms, etc).

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ali,
    Couple questions about IsNearbyMarker.

-Does it take into account the offset of actor it's attached to? (it doesn't seem to). I suppose it depends if Marker Transform coming from the select node takes offset into consideration.

-Could there be a problem with small distances not working? Edit: I think small distances are almost certainly not working.

-Can it be used with markers emitted by a custom marker emitter? I seem to be getting strange results when I use it with BPM_RoomCornerEmitter.
    -For example, I'll set it to find a RoomCorner marker within 200 units of a Door marker, and it won't spawn even though it is certainly within 200 units.

bool UGridDungeonQuery::IsNearMarker(const FTransform& CurrentMarkerTransform, const FString& NearbyMarkerName, float NearbyDistance, UDungeonBuilder* Builder)
    {
    float QueryDistanceSq = NearbyDistance * NearbyDistance;
    FVector CurrentLocation = CurrentMarkerTransform.GetLocation();
    for (const FPropSocket& Socket : Builder->PropSockets) {
    float DistanceSq = (Socket.Transform.GetLocation() - CurrentLocation).SizeSquared();
    if (DistanceSq < QueryDistanceSq && Socket.SocketType == NearbyMarkerName) {
    return true;
    }
    }
    return false;
    }
    Last edited by DrinkThisPotion; 05-27-2017, 03:13 PM. Reason: small distance comment

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Ali,
    I'm finding the Is Near Marker function to be extremely useful.

Can we also have it return how many of the Nearby Marker there are?

This would be useful for instances where I need to spawn something that's not near 2 wall markers, but being near 1 wall marker is OK. (for example).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Ali,
    I think it would be very useful to have a corner marker emitter. There are some edge cases I'm having trouble accounting for using the spatial constraints. What if I want to select all markers except for in room corners, for example? Also if I want to try to find the 'middle' of a set of wall markers, which would be very useful for decoration and lighting. Any ideas?

Maybe there's some way to do it that I'm missing. Here's a couple of illustrations of things I'd like to do. By the way, the room free edge marker you wrote sometimes seemingly spawns in corridors and strange places. As the first thought I had was to try to use that marker.

Ex1. Select everything but the corners. (wall markers)

Click image for larger version

Name:	spatialexample.png
Views:	1
Size:	268.3 KB
ID:	1128629

Ex2. Not sure how to describe this, but I'd like to select markers in this configuration as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	spatialexample2.png
Views:	1
Size:	243.5 KB
ID:	1128631

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey,

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I bought DA from the epic marketplace. How do I get my hands on version 2.6.2?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
    I've uploaded 2.6.2 (Windows) to the website
    Thank you!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've uploaded 2.6.2 (Windows) to the website

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
    Submitted a new build 2.6.2 to Epic for review. It should be available soon.

Version 2.6.2
    • Added 4.16 engine support
    • The paint tool can now also paint rooms instead of just corridors
    • Fixed a bug with the paint tool now working with multiple dungeons in the same map

Full change log here
    Hi [MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION] when you update your website?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X