Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is some strange thing:
    When I use marker emitter to insert AI Controlled Character they get distorted as seen in this picture:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bug1.png
Views:	1
Size:	719.6 KB
ID:	1114575

Name:	e3cc6sp.jpg
Size:	209.1 KB
ID:	1114574

Somehow the scale values gets overwritten by other meshes values.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DrFrancky View Post
      Here is some strange thing:
      When I use marker emitter to insert AI Controlled Character they get distorted as seen in this picture:
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]108718[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]108717[/ATTACH]

Somehow the scale values gets overwritten by other meshes values.
      The marker inherits the transform from the parent nodes. So contents of OnTheGround marker would inherit the scale you specified in one of the mesh nodes you emit it from. If you don't want it to inherit, create an empty mesh node and attach it to the ground marker. Make sure it is the left most so it executes first. Uncheck "consume in attach" so it comtinues executing your other nodes after it processes this empty node. then emit your OnTheGround marker from here instead of the other nodes.
      Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

It's me ... again :-)

400 cell random dungeon. The level blueprint for generating and player positioning is as per example in starter content.
        My character started in a no escape corridor. See the video.

https://youtu.be/302Q3ocExRs

Name:	ZRaknvo.jpg
Size:	193.3 KB
ID:	1114583
        Attached Files

Comment

It's me ... again :-)

400 cell random dungeon. The level blueprint for generating and player positioning is as per example in starter content.
          My character started in a no escape corridor. See the video.

https://youtu.be/302Q3ocExRs
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]108733[/ATTACH]
          This is a bug and it should not happen. I'll fix it
          Last edited by Ali Akbar; 09-05-2016, 03:18 AM.

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
            This is a bug and it should not happen. I'll fix it
            [MENTION=534890]DrFrancky[/MENTION] I've fixed the bug in the algorithm. In some cases it was creating isolated corridors and it should not happen now. Every cell will now be accessible to the main dungeon network

Discord Support

Comment

Version 2.1.7

A new build is available. Changelog:
              * Fixed a bug in the grid builder which was sometimes causing unreachable corridors
              * Improved the snap builder algorithm by adding more exhaustive search while building
              * Other small improvements to the grid builder and snap builder algorithms

Discord Support

Comment

So is there a way to set start and end rooms in random grid dungeons ?

Comment

So is there a way to set start and end rooms in random grid dungeons ?
                  [MENTION=534890]DrFrancky[/MENTION] I'll provide utility functions to find the farthest rooms in the dungeons which you can set as start / end

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
                    [MENTION=534890]DrFrancky[/MENTION] I'll provide utility functions to find the farthest rooms in the dungeons which you can set as start / end
                    That's great! But a fixed rooms for start/end is also needed.
                    Also a way to add a snap dungeon rooms to grid dungeon for start/end or in custom locations will be also very useful.

Comment

That's great! But a fixed rooms for start/end is also needed.
                      Also a way to add a snap dungeon rooms to grid dungeon for start/end or in custom locations will be also very useful.
                      [MENTION=534890]DrFrancky[/MENTION] Try platform volumes if you want rooms in fixed locations for start / end

Discord Support

Comment

Added improvements to the snap builder. A module can now save metadata with it (e.g. module type) Doors can define rules on which type of modules to attach. In this example the doors in the Corridor module are setup to attach only room modules and vice versa. This alternates between the two to create levels like in the game ziggurat

Last edited by Ali Akbar; 09-06-2016, 09:29 AM. Reason: typo

Discord Support

Comment

So this is a plugin that doesn't require us to recompile the engine? I ask because I'm not good with C++ yet and I am using marketplace plugins!

David

Coming 2016| Interested joining my team, email me: daniiartsstudio@gmail.com
                          Official Thread! Unreal Forums Follow us on Facebook Watch development blog on Youtube

Comment

[MENTION=13264]liondog[/MENTION] It does not require an engine recompile. It will be available in the marketplace in on 8th Sep

Discord Support

Comment

Improved the snap builder algorithm. While building, if a branch is undesirable (e.g. it has no space to grow because it is blocked by other rooms and it has not grown enough, it can backtrack any number of steps until it finds a desirable branch (still some more tweaks pending, which I'll add in the next update)

You can also specify simple rules in your doors. For e.g., you might want your corridor doors to attach only to room doors, and vice versa. This would enable you to alternate between the two like this

To do this, you need to add some information about your module. Open each of your module and drop in a SnapModuleInfo actor into the scene.

Select the actor and specify the module type (any name). Do this for all your modules. In this example I have two types of modules, Corridors and Room

Then select the doors and specify which types of modules they can connect to. In the above example, I have my corridor module doors connecting only to my room modules.

And I want my room module doors to connect only to corridor modules

Go to the main level and click build to get a level like this

If you don't want certain modules to be end nodes (with only one door opening), e.g a corridor module, then uncheck the CanBeEndNode parameter, to make sure it is never in the end of the branch

I'll update the user-guide with this info

Discord Support

Comment

New version available (for Windows. Mac coming soon)

Version 2.1.8
                                * Added improvements to the snap builder algorithm with a better search / growth algorithm
                                * Added module info actor to specify metadata about the actors
                                * Doors can now attach only to certain types of modules, as specified in the metadata

Discord Support

Comment

Working...
                                X