No announcement yet.

Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=1465]Alexarg[/MENTION] Thank you!
    [MENTION=534890]DrFrancky[/MENTION] Could you specify which map and theme file you are having an issue with. Also there are certain asset dependencies you need to install (e.g. infinity blade assets) before opening a map as mentioned in the quick start guide
    Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Fixed 4.13 breaking changes.

Also added the new Preview Settings feature included in the engine.

The theme editor has a new Preview Settings tab (just like in the mesh preview editor) and you can reuse your saved preview profiles

Last edited by Ali Akbar; 09-03-2016, 05:29 AM. Reason: typo

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
        [MENTION=534890]DrFrancky[/MENTION] Could you specify which map and theme file you are having an issue with. Also there are certain asset dependencies you need to install (e.g. infinity blade assets) before opening a map as mentioned in the quick start guide
        All maps. And i have all free content from the market included in the project.
        When i open any theme the mesh actor is there but it's empty. The static meshes are missing.

Comment

Epic completed the review a few days ago and gave a release date of September 8th. I want to thank everyone in the forums here and all who purchased it from my website over the last year. You support and feedback helped improve DA to where it is now
          Congrats! I'll be buying it on the marketplace next week then!

I've added an important check in the snap builder that connects a module to another module only if the doors are from the same asset

So you can have an door asset for your rivers and another door asset for your roads. It will properly connect the rivers and roads with other corresponding modules. It doesn't produce a NxN grid of modules, although that could be a useful feature
          By the way, do you have any plans on implementing that feature? Being able to create a NxN grid of modules. It'd be extremely useful for what I need to do.

Thanks!

Comment

Is there a Release for 4.13? Xd Or we waiting? Just asking. XD Also, Ali you should see what your system helped me create <.< ITs AWESOME.... Your Awesome.. <3 keep up the good work.

EDIT:::::

Ali, why dont you make a Slack Channel? And is it ok to make Tutorials using DA for more advanced stuff?
            Last edited by Bioblaze; 09-03-2016, 04:04 PM. Reason: Forgot sumfin

Comment

Just double checking but I assume we won't be able to 'swap' to marketplace version? I guess I could buy again - its really good

Comment

Every map that I open. Only Candy theme have the static meshes. The rest themes are empty.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick S. View Post
                  Congrats! I'll be buying it on the marketplace next week then!

By the way, do you have any plans on implementing that feature? Being able to create a NxN grid of modules. It'd be extremely useful for what I need to do.

Thanks!
                  There needs to be some meaningful pattern in the generated NxN grid. What are the ones you use?

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Bioblaze View Post
                    Is there a Release for 4.13? Xd Or we waiting? Just asking. XD Also, Ali you should see what your system helped me create <.< ITs AWESOME.... Your Awesome.. <3 keep up the good work.

EDIT:::::

Ali, why dont you make a Slack Channel? And is it ok to make Tutorials using DA for more advanced stuff?
                    [MENTION=43786]Bioblaze[/MENTION] Thanks, I would love to see what you create.

2.1.6 is available for Mac (with 4.13 support) I'm downloading 4.13 on windows and will be available soon

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Anadin View Post
                      Just double checking but I assume we won't be able to 'swap' to marketplace version? I guess I could buy again - its really good
                      At the moment I don't have any plans. I might buy the marketplace keys from Epic (with their 30% cut), or I have something else in mind. I'll let you know next month

Discord Support

Comment

There needs to be some meaningful pattern in the generated NxN grid. What are the ones you use?
                        These are 2D views as examples, but we'll do it with 2D and 3D. The first is a 3x3 map with roads and rivers that should be connected, and the second picture is a 3x4 map with roads, rivers and forests. The maps of course would be randomly generated using and rotating several different modules and tile sets all the way from 1x1 to 10x10 and anything in between, not only 1:1 ratio. Was that what you were referring to or did I misunderstand the question?

http://dungeonchannel.com/wp-content...River_feat.jpg

http://dungeonchannel.com/wp-content...deout_feat.jpg

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by DrFrancky View Post
                          Every map that I open. Only Candy theme have the static meshes. The rest themes are empty.
                          [MENTION=534890]DrFrancky[/MENTION] I tried in a fresh 4.12 project with the 2.x content and I cannot reproduce your issue

Please make sure the plugin is installed properly (Edit > Plugins)

This is how my content directory structure looks like:

Try to open this map (DA_StarterPack/Maps/DugeonDesignTime), select the Dungeon actor and click build. If you still face issues, please post screens
                          Last edited by Ali Akbar; 09-04-2016, 05:34 AM. Reason: typo

Discord Support

Comment

Version 2.1.6

A new version is available for download (Windows & Mac). It supports 4.13

Change log

Version 2.1.6
                            * Added 4.13 engine compatability
                            * Added a preview settings tab in the theme editor to support the engine's new advanced viewport preview feature introduced in 4.13

Discord Support

Comment

[MENTION=534890]DrFrancky[/MENTION] I tried in a fresh 4.12 project with the 2.x content and I cannot reproduce your issue
                              On a empty project everything is fine. When I add the starter content to my existing project it does not work. I tried several times. Will dig into this later.

Comment

Added a Start / End Module in the snap builder for spawn and final boss fight rooms
                                How do we do this in Grid Build ?

Comment

Working...
                                X