Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J.C. Smith View Post
    I'm loving the snap builder. I had issues getting the Fantasy Dungeon pack to work properly in the old system, but it's a breeze with snap builder. A nice addition.
    Glad to hear. Let me know if you'd like to see any new features in the snap builder
    Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by SaviorNT View Post
      Any idea when this will be releasing on the market place Ali?
      The ones I submit are small tools... And takes months for them to review; I can only imagine the review process of his tool which is gigantic code base.
      I feel like they review submissions only when someone "has some free time" when not working on Epics games.
      | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=59935]A[/MENTION]li Akba will have a play ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by SaviorNT View Post
          Any idea when this will be releasing on the market place Ali?
          I've recently submitted for review. I'll keep you posted

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
            I've recently submitted for review. I'll keep you posted
            Good news. Looking forward to picking this up Ali.
            On the forum, Kev will do.

Comment

Bought DA today and have been playing around with the floor plan builder and wondered if there is any way to make it any other shape than squares? I tried to use the Negation volume but it doesn't affect Floor Plan dungeons. Is this intended? Would be great to be able to somehow make other shapes so if it's not possible yet I would like to request it for a future update.
              *Edit* Would also be great if the Floor Plan builder could have a feature that allowed each floor to be generated the same.
              Last edited by Sitrec; 08-20-2016, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sitrec View Post
                Bought DA today and have been playing around with the floor plan builder and wondered if there is any way to make it any other shape than squares? I tried to use the Negation volume but it doesn't affect Floor Plan dungeons. Is this intended? Would be great to be able to somehow make other shapes so if it's not possible yet I would like to request it for a future update.
                [MENTION=766]Sitrec[/MENTION] Thanks for the support. Right now only rectangular buildings are supported as the algorithm is based on simple space partitioning. I'll see if we can add arbitrary shaped layouts as a future update

*Edit* Would also be great if the Floor Plan builder could have a feature that allowed each floor to be generated the same.
                That should be easy. I'll add a flag in the configuration in the next update

Discord Support

Comment

[MENTION=766]Sitrec[/MENTION] Thanks for the support. Right now only rectangular buildings are supported as the algorithm is based on simple space partitioning. I'll see if we can add arbitrary shaped layouts as a future update

That should be easy. I'll add a flag in the configuration in the next update
                  Fantastic, thank you!

I keep coming up with more stuff I'd like see added but I understand if you can't put effort into every requested feature.
                  Currently there isn't really any system available for Unreal for making procedural buildings with interiors and if DA allowed just a bit more control over Room Chunks in the Floor Plan Builder it would pretty much fill the needs for such a system.
                  I've been looking for anything to use for this for quite some time and seen that there are quite a lot of others that are interested as well.

I'm trying to use DA for making apartment buildings and some times the "apartments" get really wonky shapes and I can't really prevent it.
                  Here is an example:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	UE4Editor_2016-08-21_11-46-34.png
Views:	1
Size:	882.8 KB
ID:	1114122
                  I get mostly decent looking ones but at times there are these really long ones that I can't really get rid of.

It would also be great if you could somehow define room types and set rules for how each type should generate.
                  For example Roomtype 1 will spawn Minimum 1 and maximum 1 per chunk. Roomtype 2 can spawn 1-4 depending on size of the chunk and so on.
                  That way you could generate interior decoration such as furniture depending on type of room and ensure you only have one kitchen for example.
                  Having that would pretty much cover everything you'd need to make any type of house.
                  I get that it's a lot to ask for but if you'd be willing to add something like this I'd gladly provide meshes and their materials and build a content example you could provide along the current ones on your site.

Thanks again Ali!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looks amazing! If i was to purchase this would i gain access to future releases? since its not through the unreal store i would like to know how all that works.

Comment

Fantastic, thank you!

I keep coming up with more stuff I'd like see added but I understand if you can't put effort into every requested feature.
                      Currently there isn't really any system available for Unreal for making procedural buildings with interiors and if DA allowed just a bit more control over Room Chunks in the Floor Plan Builder it would pretty much fill the needs for such a system.
                      I've been looking for anything to use for this for quite some time and seen that there are quite a lot of others that are interested as well.

I'm trying to use DA for making apartment buildings and some times the "apartments" get really wonky shapes and I can't really prevent it.
                      Here is an example:
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]107196[/ATTACH]
                      I get mostly decent looking ones but at times there are these really long ones that I can't really get rid of.

It would also be great if you could somehow define room types and set rules for how each type should generate.
                      For example Roomtype 1 will spawn Minimum 1 and maximum 1 per chunk. Roomtype 2 can spawn 1-4 depending on size of the chunk and so on.
                      That way you could generate interior decoration such as furniture depending on type of room and ensure you only have one kitchen for example.
                      Having that would pretty much cover everything you'd need to make any type of house.
                      I get that it's a lot to ask for but if you'd be willing to add something like this I'd gladly provide meshes and their materials and build a content example you could provide along the current ones on your site.

Thanks again Ali!
                      They present a nice approach using a weighted network

The floorplan requires more control and I'll get to it soon

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by jingersoll962 View Post
                        Looks amazing! If i was to purchase this would i gain access to future releases? since its not through the unreal store i would like to know how all that works.
                        All future updates are free and you can download from the website at any time. However, I suggest you wait for the marketplace release (soon)

Discord Support

Comment

They present a nice approach using a weighted network

The floorplan requires more control and I'll get to it soon
                          Interesting, thank you!

Comment

You really need some downloadable demo applications that use your system at run time

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
                              You really need some downloadable demo applications that use your system at run time
                              Indeed. This is the game that started it all

Then I was too lazy to create levels by hand and started working on DA

I should go back and finish it

Discord Support

Comment

Working...
                              X