Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Dammodor View Post
    Hey man love your plug-in. im thinking of making a top down tactical shooter with melee combat and a build your own class system like in rpgs. does this plug in support 2d and orthographic view, so like police stories or bastion. im horrid at art so i was wondering in doing 2d but the on 2d support is in unity. am i missing something or could you help me.

im kinda new to game development so if it has to be a custom thing could you point me in the right direction?
    thanks a tonne!!
    [MENTION=76282]Dammodor[/MENTION] Thank you for using DA. 2D is not supported. I did create an experimental Paper2D extension last year. Orthographic views are supported by the engine. You create your 3D dungeons and set the projection in the camera

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by dazuk1978 View Post
    [MENTION=59935]A[/MENTION]li

Hey,
    When I'm using the Spatial Constraints to toggle the Empty/Occupied/Ignore flags, I notice over a short amount of time FPS decreases massively until it's so bad I have to close UE4. Once reopened it is fine again until I start using the Spatial Constraints again and then the same will happen over time.
    It seems like some kind of memory leak?

I don't know if it's specific to my machine or a general issue but I thought I would notify you regardless.

Thanks

Daz, I'll have a look

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JBernhelm View Post
    [MENTION=59935]A[/MENTION]li

So far, snap map is giving me the best results for my game-level type. Any chance we'll see some theme (or theme-like) integration with snap map? Basically, I'd love to be able to place actors in my snap BPs that serve as markers (like the MySnapConnection ones) that are then replaced / spawn things from the theme editor using the rules system, etc.
    [MENTION=18854]JBernhelm[/MENTION] Theming is planned for the snap builder. I'm exploring ways of abstracting the snap module to come from three sources (blueprints, levels and layout blocks). Layout blocks are basic blocks you create in a separate editor and themes can be applied on it. I'll have more info in the future

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AtticusFinch View Post
    Nevermind. I figured it out. Sorry for the noise.

I did not see the marketplace folder...

C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.15\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\DungeonArchitect\Source

[MENTION=270652]AtticusFinch[/MENTION] If you want to include DA in your C++ game project, open PROJECT.Build.cs and add "DungeonArchitectRuntime" to the PublicDependencyModuleNames list

Code:
    // Copyright 1998-2017 Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

using UnrealBuildTool;

public class DA416X : ModuleRules
    {
    	public DA416X(ReadOnlyTargetRules Target) : base(Target)
    	{
    		PCHUsage = PCHUsageMode.UseExplicitOrSharedPCHs;

PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { "Core", "CoreUObject", "Engine", "InputCore", "HeadMountedDisplay", "DungeonArchitectRuntime" });
    	}
    }

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION]

Thank you, that fixed it

btw I'm enjoying this plug-in btw, I'm most looking forward to the completion of floor plan and snap builder.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by EyesAndEars View Post
    hello, how to fix this? getting this issue on almost every seed, am i missing something?
    [MENTION=543109]EyesAndEars[/MENTION] I'll have alook

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Aumaan Anubis View Post

Sure:

It's from the quick start content pack.
    [MENTION=33476]Aumaan Anubis[/MENTION] Thanks for the screens. Could you try deleting the DA_Query_Examples folder and copying it again from the quick start content?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by fuerogames View Post
    I can handle that.
    For the floor make new tile and place it before the normal floor. make it consume on spawn. make it call a new marker - call it whatever like "FloorCorner". Add the floor corner to the graph and simply add a normal floor tile there. now... make sure that the floor corner marker is spawned ONLY on spartial constrait for corner spawning Ali shopwed here a few posts back! this way you will have consistent floor however you will have a corner marker in every floor corner! Now simply use of the "is near marker" functionality to NOT spawn deco near corners hope that helps.

Ali I need a little help. Getting into the dungeon architect shows me more and more functionality and new ways to use it every day. I am using multiple marker spawners like in the fire level demo mixed with theme override. However I run into a problem. Not with the plugin but with fixing some functionality.

I spawn instanced dungeon as my dungeon is well.. buildings. And in those buildings I have walls floor etc - as instanced meshes. Its very efective and lightweight. However inside those buildings another theme is spawning loot. That can't be instanced. However it must spawn loot acordingly to the rules regarding constraints, is near etc of the building itself. I dont want to spawn loot mid air or on furniture that doesn't exist. How to do that? How to make sure I can spawn instanced walls and floors and later on top of those spawn actors?
    You have two options. Use blueprints for your loot actors. They will spawn normally and will not be a part of the instanced geometry

Alternatively, You could use two dungeon actors as a workaround. The first dungeon would build only the instanced geometry. The second will not build any geometry but spawn the power ups as static meshes. You will however need to do some synronization (dungeon actor locations and their configurations should be the same)

Socnd question - Can I make a grid dungeon with all coredoors and rooms forced to be nex tto another? with no closed free space between them? I can easily achieve it with room volumes placed in close aproximation by hand, but cant find a sweetspot for dungeon random creation.
    Tight packing of rooms without corridors is not supported with the grid layout. Try reducing the room area threshold to get a more tightly packed dungeon with more rooms and lesser corridors

Leave a comment:

• replied

Sure:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DASplinePathBuilder_BP_01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	878.4 KB
ID:	1129096

It's from the quick start content pack.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Aumaan Anubis View Post
    I'm getting a BP compile error in using the quick start content pack

Found the BP and the error reads:

Is there a way to fix this?
    [MENTION=33476]Aumaan Anubis[/MENTION] I just tested and it works fine on the latest version and 4.16. There is no Spline component in BP_SplinePathBuilder (it is just a BP function library), and hence the error. Could you post the screens of the BP that is trying to access this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DrinkThisPotion View Post
    Well, I'm really on a roll with the questions here (it's because it's level building time!).

I need an emitter which would be positioned only on a room or corridor which has a wall facing the edge of the map (scenery).

This is so I can have broken walls which allow a view of the scenery but don't ever show the dungeon.

The RoomLongEdge emitter almost does this (with the RoomShrine) - but it's not guaranteed to be a room on the edge of the map.

Ali, is there any way to restrict an emitter to spawn in specific map locations? (like the corner, edge rooms, etc).

Thanks!
    You can do this with spatial constraints (example attached). You might have to rotate your wall by 90 if you use the edge spatial constraint (rotation seems to be wrong)

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello ali super plugin
    By cons I did not used the blueprint by clicking on + selection logics I do not have a window that opens ???
    bug
    I'm under ue4 15.3
    Sorry for the translation I am french

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ali,
    Couple questions about IsNearbyMarker.

-Does it take into account the offset of actor it's attached to? (it doesn't seem to). I suppose it depends if Marker Transform coming from the select node takes offset into consideration.
    Both the input (marker transform) and search works on marker positions and it won't work with actor locations (chances are they won't be spawned yet when this executes). So the offset you apply to your actors in the mesh node won't be taken into account and you should search for their marker positions instead

-Could there be a problem with small distances not working? Edit: I think small distances are almost certainly not working.
    Could you give me an example and I'll have a closer look?

-Can it be used with markers emitted by a custom marker emitter? I seem to be getting strange results when I use it with BPM_RoomCornerEmitter.
    -For example, I'll set it to find a RoomCorner marker within 200 units of a Door marker, and it won't spawn even though it is certainly within 200 units.

bool UGridDungeonQuery::IsNearMarker(const FTransform& CurrentMarkerTransform, const FString& NearbyMarkerName, float NearbyDistance, UDungeonBuilder* Builder)
    {
    float QueryDistanceSq = NearbyDistance * NearbyDistance;
    FVector CurrentLocation = CurrentMarkerTransform.GetLocation();
    for (const FPropSocket& Socket : Builder->PropSockets) {
    float DistanceSq = (Socket.Transform.GetLocation() - CurrentLocation).SizeSquared();
    if (DistanceSq < QueryDistanceSq && Socket.SocketType == NearbyMarkerName) {
    return true;
    }
    }
    return false;
    }
    It should work with custom marker emitter scripts. ~200 units seem pretty small (half a tile in the default art assets), unless your modular art is also very small. Maybe you meant 2000?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Ali,
    I'm finding the Is Near Marker function to be extremely useful.

Can we also have it return how many of the Nearby Marker there are?

This would be useful for instances where I need to spawn something that's not near 2 wall markers, but being near 1 wall marker is OK. (for example).
    I've added the search count and it should be available in the next build

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Ali,
    I think it would be very useful to have a corner marker emitter. There are some edge cases I'm having trouble accounting for using the spatial constraints. What if I want to select all markers except for in room corners, for example? Also if I want to try to find the 'middle' of a set of wall markers, which would be very useful for decoration and lighting. Any ideas?

Maybe there's some way to do it that I'm missing. Here's a couple of illustrations of things I'd like to do. By the way, the room free edge marker you wrote sometimes seemingly spawns in corridors and strange places. As the first thought I had was to try to use that marker.

Ex1. Select everything but the corners. (wall markers)

Ex2. Not sure how to describe this, but I'd like to select markers in this configuration as well.
    [MENTION=504934]DrinkThisPotion[/MENTION] I have a solution attached. It uses the IsNearMarker function to query if there is a wall marker next to the relative left / right of the marker position. This is done by first moving the marker transform to the left (relative movement) and check if there is a wall marker using the IsNearMarker function. Repeat using the right. I've wrapped this in a function so you can reuse it with different combinations

Attached Files
    Last edited by Ali Akbar; 06-05-2017, 04:07 AM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

Working...
X