Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
    [MENTION=504934]DrinkThisPotion[/MENTION] I'll expose the adjacent cell list in the next update
    Hi Ali,
    Did you ever end up exposing this?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you for the CityBuilder walkthrough. I'm slowly getting the hang of this wonderful plugin. Is it possible to do a walkthrough building a city using commercial style buildings. We bought the Urban Construction Pack a while back I want to do more of a Metropolis style City vs a Neighborhood. My building sizes are 2850x2850x4,411 and varies.

I'm getting the hang of this more and more as I am using it.

Thank You

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by rctorres View Post
    [MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION] or anyone who can help:

Is there a specific or preferred way of spawning AI characters? If I manually place AI characters in the editor they work as expected, but if I use an Actor Node to spawn them in my theme, they don't navigate. They attack if the player is in range but they don't move. I've tried using more than one theme on a Dungeon where the second theme placed enemies and the enemies appeared to overwrite whatever was in the base theme. I would also really like to use a custom spawner similar to this video, but when I tried this as an Actor Node in my theme they just fall right through the level, even if the spawn volume is above the level geometry. I eventually want to use a custom spawner that doesn't spawn AI Pawns until the player is near so this is really important for me to solve. I tried using two dungeons with the same seed, one with the level geo and one with my AI pawns and had the exact same issues. I'm currently using the SimpleCityBuilder but have also had this problem with the SnapBuilder.
    [MENTION=525502]rctorres[/MENTION] There are a few things you need to consider:

If you are spawning the AI in a runtime dungeon, then the navmesh needs to be regenerated at runtime. You can set this in the project setting: Video (skip to 2:08)
    If you build your dungeon at design time in the editor and hit play and they don't move, make sure the ground tile is not blocking them (you'll need to adjust the Z offset on the actor node). Also check this for NPCs that are falling through the ground

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have possibly a very newbie question, and this topic is too large to read it all. If i build map in a runtime it have a lightning unbuild warning message. Can lightning be rebuilt in a run time for a newly generated level? What is work around for mobiles? (i dont think mobiles able to recalculate light in reasonable time). Thanks.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION] or anyone who can help:

Is there a specific or preferred way of spawning AI characters? If I manually place AI characters in the editor they work as expected, but if I use an Actor Node to spawn them in my theme, they don't navigate. They attack if the player is in range but they don't move. I've tried using more than one theme on a Dungeon where the second theme placed enemies and the enemies appeared to overwrite whatever was in the base theme. I would also really like to use a custom spawner similar to this video, but when I tried this as an Actor Node in my theme they just fall right through the level, even if the spawn volume is above the level geometry. I eventually want to use a custom spawner that doesn't spawn AI Pawns until the player is near so this is really important for me to solve. I tried using two dungeons with the same seed, one with the level geo and one with my AI pawns and had the exact same issues. I'm currently using the SimpleCityBuilder but have also had this problem with the SnapBuilder.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've added the search count and it should be available in the next build
    Thank you so much for this and all the other questions I asked!! I am going to look at the small distances for the Is Near Marker query in more detail and give you reproduce steps, but yes I meant 200 not 2000.

Even though my grid is 500x500 I still need the shorter distance sometimes.

The short distances are necessary for me to prevent some bad spawn positions of separator decorations. Maybe there's another way to accomplish with the new tools you've given us. Anyway I'll load up the DA demo and get reproduce steps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=18854]JBernhelm[/MENTION] Theming is planned for the snap builder. I'm exploring ways of abstracting the snap module to come from three sources (blueprints, levels and layout blocks). Layout blocks are basic blocks you create in a separate editor and themes can be applied on it. I'll have more info in the future
    That sounds like fantastic functionality. Thanks for the updates and responses!

Sent you a PM about this too - For the next update, could you please make all of the variables in SnapBuilderConfig BluePrintReadWrite? I need to be able to change snap builder module arrays and branch settings in runtime via blueprint and it looks like that is impossible at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    2.6.3 is now available in the marketplace

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=567051]AngeIV[/MENTION] If I understand you correctly, you are trying to place a building in the center of the rooms like below (take from the unity version). Rotating the RoomCenter marker should rotate your building. If you have multiple buildings attached to the room center marker, try adding a transform rule in the building nodes and randomly rotate in 90% steps (there are some examples of this in the quick start content)

Yes! I already do that. Except I need to control the rotation - not make it random. And having direction variations of the theme and do theme override seems like an overkill

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AngeIV View Post
    Ali I need a little tip here. I am using grid for spawning buildings in specific places. I am using a single marker emitter that emitts room centers for grid and palce the building in the center. It gives me pretty nice control over the placement and elevation of the buildings, as well as allow me to mix this way of building placement with grid based buildings that actually are built on theme override. So a mixture of "blueprint" base dbuildings and grid based buildings on a single spawner that can manage several towns with different themes. However I cant somehow manage to rotate those buildings! I wanted to use marker override for the emitted center marker to a rot90 marker in example, but it just doesn't override. If I however rotate the mid marker all buildings rotate in that axis and it works. So I need a system to spawn a lot of staff - thru one of 4 spawn rots. one way to do it is make 4 dungeons and rot each 90 degree and spawn specific buildings on specific dungeons but I bet there is an easier way to do it.
    [MENTION=567051]AngeIV[/MENTION] If I understand you correctly, you are trying to place a building in the center of the rooms like below (take from the unity version). Rotating the RoomCenter marker should rotate your building. If you have multiple buildings attached to the room center marker, try adding a transform rule in the building nodes and randomly rotate in 90% steps (there are some examples of this in the quick start content)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Submitted a new version to Epic for review

Version 2.6.3
    • Fixed a critical bug with theme files that was crashing standalone builds
    • IsNearMarker grid query function also retuns the number of nearby markers found nearby

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=218253]Jones Mussmann[/MENTION] Thanks for the heads-up. I'll have a fix ASAP
    I've fixed the issue and it will be available in 2.6.3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jones Mussmann View Post
    fantastic plugin! ive recently begun using it and im excited to move onto the more intricate parts of it.

however, whenever i try to package my project i get this error

[ATTACH=CONFIG]143808[/ATTACH]

this happens on both dev and shipping build, and this is testing the plugin by itself in a new third person demo project.
    in the editor everything works fine, i have a dungeon and linked theme placed in the level. but whenever i try to play it out of the editor it crashes, and i guess its because of the dungeon theme not having a reference. so i think this has something to do with the dungeon architect files/dlls/cpps being included in my packaged build, but im not sure, anyone have any idea why this would happen and how to fix it?
    [MENTION=218253]Jones Mussmann[/MENTION] Thanks for the heads-up. I'll have a fix ASAP

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by angie ash View Post
    Hello ali super plugin
    By cons I did not used the blueprint by clicking on + selection logics I do not have a window that opens ???
    bug
    I'm under ue4 15.3
    Sorry for the translation I am french
    [MENTION=437993]angie ash[/MENTION] Thank you! The method of creating has change slightly since I created the video tutorials. Please follow the User Guide's Selector / Transform "Rules" section

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Dontcry View Post
    I got some question.. DungeonA and B in same Level . Dungeon A has some actor node and build is fine.but When I build Dungeon B , A all actor node disappear ..how to fix it...thx..
    [MENTION=22358]Dontcry[/MENTION] Try dropping in a new dungeon actor as Dungeon B. It looks like you duplicated DungeonB from DungeonA (which made it share the same dungeon id) and is causing this issue. I'll fix it in the next build

Leave a comment:

Working...
X