Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you figured it out bud
    Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Hi [MENTION=59935]A[/MENTION]liAkbar, guys,

do you know the trick, a good set of dungeon creation parameters to avoid:
      1. Short corridors between rooms (like 1 tile long; I think they should join then into one);
      2. Doors being created next to each other, more than one for a corridor?

Comment

Hi Ali,
        I've found that when I package my project all my snap doors disappear!
        I've tried substituting the meshes and materials that I'm using for the doors to try and troubleshoot the issue but unfortunately it doesn't make any difference.

Everything looks and functions as it should inside the editor, but when I start up the packaged project I've got no doors !

Comment

Originally posted by enquel View Post
          Hi [MENTION=59935]A[/MENTION]liAkbar, guys,

do you know the trick, a good set of dungeon creation parameters to avoid:
          1. Short corridors between rooms (like 1 tile long; I think they should join then into one);
          2. Doors being created next to each other, more than one for a corridor?
          [MENTION=473613]enquel[/MENTION] Multiple doors next to each other is a bug that I'll work on fixing
          Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Past few days I've been working on adding the Gizmo widget in the theme editor's 3D viewport so you can specify the offset transform from the viewport itself rather than manually entering values in the detail window's Transform section.

However I'm facing issues and I'll have that for a later update.

I'm working on finalising the floor plan builder. There are some things pending (e.g. buildings with arbitrary rotation and location, rotated volumes etc)

Discord Support

Comment

Buildings can be placed anywhere on the map with arbitrary location and rotation (based on the transform of the dungeon actor)

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
                [MENTION=473613]enquel[/MENTION] Multiple doors next to each other is a bug that I'll work on fixing
                Hi Ali, great to hear! Could you also add an implicit/explicit condition to the builder to account for a minimum corridor length?

Best!

Comment

Originally posted by enquel View Post
                  Hi Ali, great to hear! Could you also add an implicit/explicit condition to the builder to account for a minimum corridor length?

Best!
                  You can control the width of the corridor (LaneWidth config param) but the length of the corridor is based on the separation of the rooms, which happens using a separation simulation and is not straight forward to add this constraint to it

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Nick S. View Post
                    Hello,

I have a question regarding the Snap builder since it's a feature I'd like to use for outdoor map generation. Say I create several square "tiles" that can be rotated and snapped on any side, but some of them (for example a river), could be rotated but snapped on 2 or 3 sides with any tiles, and only on 1 or 2 sides to another river tile. Would it be possible to make such a distinction?

This is a 2D map with 3x3 tiles, but the result I want to achieve should be mostly something similar with 3D assets with a top down orthographic camera:

The idea would be for users to generate random maps with different environments to download and use in tabletop games.

Thank you!
                    Nick.
                    I've added an important check in the snap builder that connects a module to another module only if the doors are from the same asset

So you can have an door asset for your rivers and another door asset for your roads. It will properly connect the rivers and roads with other corresponding modules. It doesn't produce a NxN grid of modules, although that could be a useful feature

Discord Support

Comment

Added this theme to the quick start guide. Also added the isaac sample

Discord Support

Comment

Changing the builder type in the Theme editor now automatically creates all the necessary markers expected by that builder in the graph editor.

Also, in the theme editor, the dungeon properties are shown by default when nothing is selected. This makes the important dungeon properties more visible and easily accessible

Discord Support

Comment

Hm. Is there some way to identify the 'outside wall' there? I may want fake windows in the outside wall, so people don't see the empty rest-of-map, while having windows into other rooms inside, for instanced maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Warcabbit View Post
                            Hm. Is there some way to identify the 'outside wall' there? I may want fake windows in the outside wall, so people don't see the empty rest-of-map, while having windows into other rooms inside, for instanced maps.
                            For which builder is this? If it is the grid builder, you can use the 1x2 constraint to find this on the wall / fence. I'll post a demo for it soon

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by goyo666 View Post
                              Hi Ali,
                              I've found that when I package my project all my snap doors disappear!
                              I've tried substituting the meshes and materials that I'm using for the doors to try and troubleshoot the issue but unfortunately it doesn't make any difference.

Everything looks and functions as it should inside the editor, but when I start up the packaged project I've got no doors !
                              [MENTION=85029]goyo666[/MENTION] Sorry, I missed to see your post. I'll have a look

Edit: typo

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
                                [MENTION=85029]goyo666[/MENTION] Sorry, I missed to see your post. I'll have a look

Edit: typo
                                I can reproduce the issue. Looks like it is due to the actor movability flag

Discord Support

Comment

Working...
                                X