Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hey [MENTION=59935]A[/MENTION]li (and anyone who has been playing with this)
    Can this pack be used to create outdoor map/ landscape stuff.. Nothing fancy but I reckon I could use this to make multiple map & handle plants/grass placement etc.
    I had a look at the Guide here but not sure if there is a DA builder for the above purpose.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Ali,

I noticed that creating mesh nodes with a mobility of "Movable" doesn't work. They are created with a mobility of "Static" instead, both when spawning dynamically during runtime and in the editor.
    A mobility of "Stationary" does work as expected.

Would be great if you could take a look at this, I'm trying to spawn a dungeon on top of not-completely-flat dynamic terrain and need to change the location of objects depending on the terrain height at that location.

I'm using version 2.6.3 with UE 4.16.3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION]
    Is there a way for those of us who purchased via Marketplace to download from your site? Would love to update my project to 4.17

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AngeIV View Post
    told you... grid dugeon config doesnt inherit from dungeon. it inherits from dungeon config.
    It's because a Dungeon is not a dungeon config, but it HAS one.

You need to Get the dungeon config from your Dungeon, change its seed, then call Build Dungeon on the Dungeon itself.

edit / here's a screenshot:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bp_config.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	1132588
    Last edited by JBernhelm; 08-17-2017, 02:42 PM. Reason: added pic

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Run2300 View Post
    yes,,What is the problem with the blueprint?
    told you... grid dugeon config doesnt inherit from dungeon. it inherits from dungeon config.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AngeIV View Post
    Because you cast a dungeon to dungeon CONFIG. get dungeon1 config then cast?
    yes,,What is the problem with the blueprint?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Run2300 View Post
    why.....
    Because you cast a dungeon to dungeon CONFIG. get dungeon1 config then cast?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	QQ图片20170816234110.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	1132528
    why.....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mann79 View Post
    Hello I want to start an Action Adventure Game, and I really like what I see in your videos. DA looks great!!!

But it will be a First-Person-View and should be VR capable.
    What's the reason why without World Composition a game is not Fist-Person and VR capable?

...and besides:
    Do you think your Plugin is oversized for an SiFi-Adventure-Game with a smaller Map?
    I like the idea of fast stretching some hallways and changing platform altitudes.

I hope also with using DA for raw level-design I can later place puzzles, make animation scenes, place some detailed props with interactions, and so on ... in the DA generated level, right?

best regards
    You can pre-make levels or stream dungeons. there are number of ways to use DA in multiplayer. dont bother with world composition

[MENTION=59935]A[/MENTION]li - when will floor plan be DONE and more usefull? I mean its cool youre adding a new dungeon type like in the ziggurat but how about finishing the ones we already have?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
    [MENTION=1680]motorsep[/MENTION] World Composition is not supported. I played around with the engine's world composition framework while experimenting with the snap builder so it shouldn't be too difficult to add. I understand it is required for VR and FPS games. I'll add it in the future
    Hello I want to start an Action Adventure Game, and I really like what I see in your videos. DA looks great!!!

But it will be a First-Person-View and should be VR capable.
    What's the reason why without World Composition a game is not Fist-Person and VR capable?

...and besides:
    Do you think your Plugin is oversized for an SiFi-Adventure-Game with a smaller Map?
    I like the idea of fast stretching some hallways and changing platform altitudes.

I hope also with using DA for raw level-design I can later place puzzles, make animation scenes, place some detailed props with interactions, and so on ... in the DA generated level, right?

best regards

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
    I uploaded mac version of 2.7.0 to the website
    whoo! thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I uploaded mac version of 2.7.0 to the website

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=28871]CorvaenOboros[/MENTION] Thank you for the suggestions. I'll try to get it in the next update
    [MENTION=525502]rctorres[/MENTION] I'll have a look

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CorvaenOboros View Post
    Greetings ,
    Thanks for such an awesome plugin , has helped out a lot in development.

Lately have been leaning more and more toward using the Snap Builder as the flexibility to be off grid and use custom pieces is super useful .
    I know it is still experimental at this time however wanted to give some suggestions for when you have time to refine.
    Currently in UE4.16 DungeonArchitect 2.6.3

Overall------------------------------------
    1. Modules are randomly rotated 180 on Z axis , please allow for modules or the builder to turn this off ( for specific isometric modules we dont want them rotated )
    2. Add probability variable to modules ( on the builder )
    3. Include something similar to the Cluster Theme Selector volume for Snap to snap to a different specified set of modules ( and option to place a specific transition module at the intersection point ) . Or if the volume is impractical because the generated dungeon might not overlap being able to have a probability variable to switch to different set of modules would also be awesome so if had a A set of modules and a B set the output would be something like AAAAA<AtoB>BBBB<BtoA>AA

Connections and Doors -----------------------------------
    1. Connections with Door Class , the Door BPs appear to zero out in world space ( however connections are in correct location ) .
    2. Doors on Connections , cant set the Connection Door class to None after having assigned it (crashes )
    3. Doors on Connections also can randomly make the map unsaveable ( graph linked to external private object Unknown )
    I've also found that while including any component in a SnapConnection the component always spawns at the origin no matter where the module spawns. I've tried replicating the example from DA_Snap_GameDemo so that doors/walls can switch depending on the connection type and everything ends up in the middle.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Greetings ,
    Thanks for such an awesome plugin , has helped out a lot in development.

Lately have been leaning more and more toward using the Snap Builder as the flexibility to be off grid and use custom pieces is super useful .
    I know it is still experimental at this time however wanted to give some suggestions for when you have time to refine.
    Currently in UE4.16 DungeonArchitect 2.6.3

Overall------------------------------------
    1. Modules are randomly rotated 180 on Z axis , please allow for modules or the builder to turn this off ( for specific isometric modules we dont want them rotated )
    2. Add probability variable to modules ( on the builder )
    3. Include something similar to the Cluster Theme Selector volume for Snap to snap to a different specified set of modules ( and option to place a specific transition module at the intersection point ) . Or if the volume is impractical because the generated dungeon might not overlap being able to have a probability variable to switch to different set of modules would also be awesome so if had a A set of modules and a B set the output would be something like AAAAA<AtoB>BBBB<BtoA>AA
    4. Custom Collision option for Snap Check ( when only the path collision matters , and is ok if exterior \ background objects collide )

Connections and Doors -----------------------------------
    1. Connections with Door Class , the Door BPs appear to zero out in world space ( however connections are in correct location ) .
    2. Doors on Connections , cant set the Connection Door class to None after having assigned it (crashes )
    3. Doors on Connections also can randomly make the map unsaveable ( graph linked to external private object Unknown )
    Last edited by CorvaenOboros; 08-13-2017, 09:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X