Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    When will we see other than grid buiulders finished? I have high hopes for floor planner.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    First off I'd like to say this builder is extremely professional and well made. Great work.
    I have some inquires about the snap map builder however though, in 2.7.0..
    I saw this issue was posted here before, but I wasn't able to find a solution to this.

Basically with the snap map builder, hooking together random modules, it doesn't seem to take account that doors shouldn't be facing nothing, as in empty space. Even though we have the end/branch end slots filled in with ending modules, it still picks some modules with extra doors.

Any idea as to how to solve this and have the algorithm just pick modules with the right amount of connected doors it needs? or is there a similar work around.

Thanks in advanced..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow, I built my own system like this but yours is way more polished and feature filled! I'm sold.

Quick question, can I place slots pretty easily in the snap room areas to spawn additional things? Like enemy spawns, more random rooms within rooms, etc? And all at runtime?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello - I am working with the Runtime Level Builder in the Starter Kit. I want to allow saving and then loading of the levels generated with the runtime level editor. I tried saving and restoring the values from the DungeonConfig to a SaveGame object, but the only variables visible to me are Instanced, Max Build Time, and Seed. This does not restore the user built level when reload them from my SaveGame. What am I missing?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey! I downloaded the 4.17 version of the plugin and I got this error

Any clue why I got this error? I'm using 4.17.1, and I copy pasted to the plugin folder the 4_17 version of the pluing

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JBernhelm View Post
    [MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION]
    Is there a way for those of us who purchased via Marketplace to download from your site? Would love to update my project to 4.17
    I second this option. Will gladly provide receipt, bank statement or any other method to prove my purchase.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CorvaenOboros View Post
    Greetings ,
    Thanks for such an awesome plugin , has helped out a lot in development.

Lately have been leaning more and more toward using the Snap Builder as the flexibility to be off grid and use custom pieces is super useful .
    I know it is still experimental at this time however wanted to give some suggestions for when you have time to refine.
    Currently in UE4.16 DungeonArchitect 2.6.3

Overall------------------------------------
    1. Modules are randomly rotated 180 on Z axis , please allow for modules or the builder to turn this off ( for specific isometric modules we dont want them rotated )
    2. Add probability variable to modules ( on the builder )
    3. Include something similar to the Cluster Theme Selector volume for Snap to snap to a different specified set of modules ( and option to place a specific transition module at the intersection point ) . Or if the volume is impractical because the generated dungeon might not overlap being able to have a probability variable to switch to different set of modules would also be awesome so if had a A set of modules and a B set the output would be something like AAAAA<AtoB>BBBB<BtoA>AA
    4. Custom Collision option for Snap Check ( when only the path collision matters , and is ok if exterior \ background objects collide )

Connections and Doors -----------------------------------
    1. Connections with Door Class , the Door BPs appear to zero out in world space ( however connections are in correct location ) .
    2. Doors on Connections , cant set the Connection Door class to None after having assigned it (crashes )
    3. Doors on Connections also can randomly make the map unsaveable ( graph linked to external private object Unknown )
    I agree with Overall points 2 and 3 . I dont purchased this plugin yet cause im not sure if can be usefull for me .... i will continue investigate your plugin to know it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JBernhelm View Post
    It's because a Dungeon is not a dungeon config, but it HAS one.

You need to Get the dungeon config from your Dungeon, change its seed, then call Build Dungeon on the Dungeon itself.

edit / here's a screenshot:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]152307[/ATTACH]
    Thank you, brother.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I picked this up and played briefly with it before the 4.17 engine update. If we're building dynamically on mobile, I suppose using no lighting (i.e. emissive materials) and adding cull volumes dynamically is the best way to go? Or can the static lighting be pre-generated somehow?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey [MENTION=59935]A[/MENTION]li (and anyone who has been playing with this)
    Can this pack be used to create outdoor map/ landscape stuff.. Nothing fancy but I reckon I could use this to make multiple map & handle plants/grass placement etc.
    I had a look at the Guide here but not sure if there is a DA builder for the above purpose.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Ali,

I noticed that creating mesh nodes with a mobility of "Movable" doesn't work. They are created with a mobility of "Static" instead, both when spawning dynamically during runtime and in the editor.
    A mobility of "Stationary" does work as expected.

Would be great if you could take a look at this, I'm trying to spawn a dungeon on top of not-completely-flat dynamic terrain and need to change the location of objects depending on the terrain height at that location.

I'm using version 2.6.3 with UE 4.16.3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION]
    Is there a way for those of us who purchased via Marketplace to download from your site? Would love to update my project to 4.17

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AngeIV View Post
    told you... grid dugeon config doesnt inherit from dungeon. it inherits from dungeon config.
    It's because a Dungeon is not a dungeon config, but it HAS one.

You need to Get the dungeon config from your Dungeon, change its seed, then call Build Dungeon on the Dungeon itself.

edit / here's a screenshot:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bp_config.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	1132588
    Last edited by JBernhelm; 08-17-2017, 02:42 PM. Reason: added pic

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Run2300 View Post
    yes,,What is the problem with the blueprint?
    told you... grid dugeon config doesnt inherit from dungeon. it inherits from dungeon config.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AngeIV View Post
    Because you cast a dungeon to dungeon CONFIG. get dungeon1 config then cast?
    yes,,What is the problem with the blueprint?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X