Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Warcabbit View Post
    Hey, finally on the Marketplace! Congratulations!

Hm. How is that going to handle the separate mac/pc downloads?
    Thanks! The marketplace team will handle that by having pre-compiled binaries for both windows and mac, like how it is done in my website
    Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by enquel View Post
      Does this mean that if I have a an entirely prefabbed room, belonging to a theme B, and put it as a volume in theme A, door would connect? (I guess I would need sort of manual markers, set in space when a preffabed room has its doors, wouldn't I)?

Great job anyway!

Best!
      You can specify a marker name in the room volume's CenterMarker property (e.g. "ServerRoom"). Then create that marker in the theme file with a reference to your custom room. This is similar to how the garden prefab (with tree, rocks etc) are emitted in the center of the volume. You shouldn't have walls/doors in your prefab though, as they are managed by the builder

Discord Support

Comment

Created a door volume to manually place doors at desired locations

Last edited by Ali Akbar; 06-22-2016, 09:07 PM. Reason: link

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Warcabbit View Post
          Thanks! I'll check it out

Originally posted by Kunani View Post
          Looks great.. Will the multi story be available in this release? I'm looking at your plugin and hoping it can help generate my multi level hotel layouts. For the elevator shafts would I simply place a negate volume in those corners covering each floor? Or is there a workflow for placing in preset stair cases/elevator assets? It looks like it would do what I want but want to make sure. Great job!
          Sure, I'm working on finalising the demo with lift and stairs

Discord Support

Comment

Added a convenience button in the dungeon volume properties to rebuild the dungeon. This is useful if you are not using realtime update and want to rebuild the dungeon after changing the volume properties / position, without having to switch over to the dungeon actor everytime

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
              You can specify a marker name in the room volume's CenterMarker property (e.g. "ServerRoom"). Then create that marker in the theme file with a reference to your custom room. This is similar to how the garden prefab (with tree, rocks etc) are emitted in the center of the volume. You shouldn't have walls/doors in your prefab though, as they are managed by the builder

Thank you, yes, I know that I can use CenterMarker, but that takes care of the inside of the room. Well, I guess the door volume (and maybe wall volume in the future, or myMarkerVolume [with set of rules for connecting with neighbours]) is the way for even more control in the future. Thumbs up for 2.0 version, I can't wait to play with it! Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by enquel View Post
                Thank you, yes, I know that I can use CenterMarker, but that takes care of the inside of the room. Well, I guess the door volume (and maybe wall volume in the future, or myMarkerVolume [with set of rules for connecting with neighbours]) is the way for even more control in the future. Thumbs up for 2.0 version, I can't wait to play with it! Good luck!
                We'll probably need a better way to decorate the interiors and I'm open to suggestions (since predefined prefabs for rooms would be designed around a certain door positions)

Discord Support

Comment

Rooms are not restricted to rectangular shapes. You can extrude the volume for more control

Discord Support

Comment

We'll probably need a better way to decorate the interiors and I'm open to suggestions (since predefined prefabs for rooms would be designed around a certain door positions)
                    Great! I bought this asset just a few days ago (for Unity, but its still the same), and already using in the production pipeline (see the screen, this is the outdated trailer for the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lEYPkllCW8 ). Surely I will have suggestions as I keep refining levels.

Best!

Click image for larger version

Name:	OSOmega.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	268.4 KB
ID:	1108907

Comment

[MENTION=473613]enquel[/MENTION] Wow looks awesome! Looking forward to playing it

Discord Support

Comment

[MENTION=473613]enquel[/MENTION] Wow looks awesome! Looking forward to playing it
                        Thank you! All features almost complete, now level making awaits

Comment

Nice to see you actively developing the product
                          Thought you were gone for you have not been on the Unity forums for some time and people there are getting the impression that you took their money and ran.
                          Please come and update and let people know what the situation with regards to DA and Unity release is

Comment

Originally posted by 3DForge View Post
                            Nice to see you actively developing the product
                            Thought you were gone for you have not been on the Unity forums for some time and people there are getting the impression that you took their money and ran.
                            Please come and update and let people know what the situation with regards to DA and Unity release is
                            [MENTION=16424]3DForge[/MENTION], thanks for updating. I'm working on unity builders too. I'll update the forum thread and have an update soon

Discord Support

Comment

Awesome, people love the assets, and when they don't get replies they worry.
                              I myself also go quite for some spots when I am deep in work and focusing
                              Last edited by 3DForge; 06-23-2016, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Lift WIP

Discord Support

Comment

Working...
                                X