Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by UppercutAJ View Post
    We are generating new levels at run-time, and using our own custom Grid Builder. We also added a lot of custom markers for long walls, spans, large floor tiles, landmarks and wide doorways (and many more)
    It would be nice for all that come standard with DA

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi All,

We have been working with DA for a bout 12 months (bought it before it was up on the Marketplace) - and our game City of Brass - has launched into Early Access today.

We are generating new levels at run-time, and using our own custom Grid Builder. We also added a lot of custom markers for long walls, spans, large floor tiles, landmarks and wide doorways (and many more)

AJ
    Uppercut Games

Become a daring thief in City of Brass, a punishing first-person rogue-lite filled with treasure, traps and ghoulish foes. Armed with scimitar and a versatile whip, you’ll lash and slash, bait and trap your way to the heart of an opulent, Arabian Nights-themed metropolis – or face certain death as time runs out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I wonder what new updates / features @Ali Akbar is cooking for DA

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I still cant build multiple dugeons in the same level. intanced or not.. they jsut destroy each other. in editor or at runtime. doesn't matter.

Oh and @Ali Akbar - I would apriciate a tip. I nedd to do "adjacent cell emitter" backwards. so mark rooms how far away they are from nearest wall, to place proper roof tile. I've made a few dungeon rules myslef already but I cant get my head around this one somehow
    Last edited by AngeIV; 09-14-2017, 10:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can someone build me a city using City Builder. I own the plugin but I am having a hard time placing larger buildings and getting the city blocks right. I am working on a VR game.. I love the plugin but need more time to figure it out. The instance static mesh feature is awesome I get fast fps but I cannot get this for the life of me. I am willing to pay someone to build me a city scene using my assets. PM me if interested. I need this in the next 10-15 days. Thank You

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Since everything is created at runtime, are all your level geometry and lights completely dynamic (as in not static)? How does that work with performance? Are you using any tricks here?

edit: uhm... You *can* create levels at runtime in-game, right? Or is it editor only (and therefore static geometry and lights)?
    Last edited by MaxPower42; 09-11-2017, 08:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dear Ali,

Do you think it would be possible to use the paint mode at runtime ?
    My "game" is more a shared editor and it would be nice to offer my players the possibility to paint theirs dungeons at will.

Thanks !
    Cedric

Leave a comment:

• replied
    my landscape modifier only works when the landscape is at the very center (0,0,0) of current level. Is this a bug?

See my screenshots. The behavior differs when you move along positive / negative axis.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Ali, this is my first comment ever on these forums even though I've been lurking around a lot of posts.
    I wanted to say WoW, you are a programming genius and for being a solo developer you put most of us others to shame!
    You must really have a great relationship to level designers, they either love you for making their job easier or hate you for making them loose their job
    Thank you for your hard work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, after doing a bunch of research, I'm able to build it myself by adding:

PCHUsage = PCHUsageMode.NoSharedPCHs;

To every Build.cs file in the module. I get warnings like: "DungeonArchitectRuntime module has shared PCHs disabled, but does not have a private PCH set". But this is the only thing I can do to get it to compile. Here are some references:

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...eferenceGuide/
    https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ak-in-415.html

I'm not sure how you're able to build the plugin yourself without this. Maybe you have some modified version of UHT?

A code snippet for how I got it working.

public DungeonArchitectRuntime(ReadOnlyTargetRules Target) : base(Target)
    {
    PCHUsage = PCHUsageMode.NoSharedPCHs;

Maybe it would help to remove the precompiled header stuff for newer versions? They really changed a lot about how including headers works in newer versions.
    Last edited by illYay; 09-06-2017, 04:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have a custom version of Unreal Engine 4.17.1 with a few mods built from source.

It's forcing me to rebuild the plugin. However when I try to build with the plugin present I have issues with the wrong header file being the first included.

Any tips on building the plugin from scratch for unreal 4.17.x and future versions?

Here's a snippet from my logs. It's about 10x longer than this.

2>F:\Code\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\MarketPlace\DungeonArchitect\Source\DungeonArchitectRuntime\Private\DungeonThemeAsset.cpp(1): error : Expected DungeonThemeAsset.h to be first header included.
    2>F:\Code\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\MarketPlace\DungeonArchitect\Source\DungeonArchitectRuntime\Private\Builders\FloorPlan\FloorPlanBuilder.cpp(1): error : Expected FloorPlanBuilder.h to be first header included.
    2>F:\Code\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\MarketPlace\DungeonArchitect\Source\DungeonArchitectRuntime\Private\Builders\FloorPlan\FloorPlanConfig.cpp(1): error : Expected FloorPlanConfig.h to be first header included.
    2>F:\Code\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\MarketPlace\DungeonArchitect\Source\DungeonArchitectRuntime\Private\Builders\FloorPlan\FloorPlanModel.cpp(1): error : Expected FloorPlanModel.h to be first header included.
    2>F:\Code\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\MarketPlace\DungeonArchitect\Source\DungeonArchitectRuntime\Private\Builders\FloorPlan\FloorPlanQuery.cpp(1): error : Expected FloorPlanQuery.h to be first header included.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AngeIV View Post
    When will we see other than grid buiulders finished? I have high hopes for floor planner.
    AngeIV I'll finalize all the pending builders soon

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by thelazylion View Post
    First off I'd like to say this builder is extremely professional and well made. Great work.
    I have some inquires about the snap map builder however though, in 2.7.0..
    I saw this issue was posted here before, but I wasn't able to find a solution to this.

Basically with the snap map builder, hooking together random modules, it doesn't seem to take account that doors shouldn't be facing nothing, as in empty space. Even though we have the end/branch end slots filled in with ending modules, it still picks some modules with extra doors.

Any idea as to how to solve this and have the algorithm just pick modules with the right amount of connected doors it needs? or is there a similar work around.

Thanks in advanced..
    thelazylion Thank you! The doors facing empty space should be promoted to walls, if you've specified a wall mesh in the door connection

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NightmareSystem View Post
    Hey! I downloaded the 4.17 version of the plugin and I got this error

Any clue why I got this error? I'm using 4.17.1, and I copy pasted to the plugin folder the 4_17 version of the pluing
    It should work with 4.17.x. I'll test and upload a recompiled version if needed

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Harcarik View Post

I second this option. Will gladly provide receipt, bank statement or any other method to prove my purchase.
    Your word is proof I've sent you a PM with the codes

Leave a comment:

Working...
X