No announcement yet.

Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=30465]Adyaphede[/MENTION]: Ali would have to give the correct answer, just wanted to note that generally a single seat license means that every person who was using the plugin on your team would require a different license. That may or may not be the full case here (or may be only part of the story).

Comment

Originally posted by Adyaphede View Post
      Hello Ali,

I've checked your plugin and I'll admit that I'm very interested in buying it, but I'm worried about the license. What kind is it? Your website mentions: "single seat license", but what does that mean? Any royalties? Payments of any sort except initial price?

An answer with a full disclosure would be appreciated.

Thank you.

PS: Got news about the marketplace?

Originally posted by J.C. Smith View Post
      [MENTION=30465]Adyaphede[/MENTION]: Ali would have to give the correct answer, just wanted to note that generally a single seat license means that every person who was using the plugin on your team would require a different license. That may or may not be the full case here (or may be only part of the story).
      [MENTION=30465]Adyaphede[/MENTION] [MENTION=59677]J.C. Smith[/MENTION] is correct. It means a single license per developer in your team that uses the plugin.

You can however install it in multiple computers that you work on (mac, windows etc) with a single license and use it for as many games as you like. There are no royalties or any extra payment / subscriptions after the initial purchase and the plugin will be supported for the lifetime of UE4.

You can modify the code as you like and keep the changes for yourself. You can share the changes with others (as long as they also have a license), for e.g. within your team

The UE4 Marketplace release will be soon I hope. I don't have a definitive timeline from Epic
      Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

[MENTION=2631]ali[/MENTION] - will the edge selection thing be in soon? Just curious. If not I can use the C++ example you gave before Thanks!
        Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
          [MENTION=30465]Adyaphede[/MENTION] [MENTION=59677]
          You can however install it in multiple computers that you work on (mac, windows etc) with a single license and use it for as many games as you like. There are no royalties or any extra payment / subscriptions after the initial purchase and the plugin will be supported for the lifetime of UE4.

You can modify the code as you like and keep the changes for yourself. You can share the changes with others (as long as they also have a license), for e.g. within your team

The UE4 Marketplace release will be soon I hope. I don't have a definitive timeline from Epic
          Thanks for the answer Ali.

I was aware of the meaning of a "single seat" license, but the creative one (what's made with it), there is no mention on the website and I didn't want to risk it. It might be a good idea to go into more details on your site. Even more so since it's not on the marketplace yet; this might make some people nervous.

Anyway, thanks again.

Expect a new sale soon.

Comment

How can i edit levels which I created before?
            In your video you use a level which is already build but how do you edit it?
            Or do I need to build a level vom ground up and new?
            If I use e.g. a pack I baught and want to change something on the example map - how can I do that?

Comment

how can i build cities with this plugin?

Comment

hi [MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION] I have a question that I could not find an answer to here, is it possible to add a feature where the architect can be give a start and end point and have it generate a dungeon between the two? I am after kind of linear dungeons with control of the Z position of the start and end rooms.

Comment

[MENTION=877]Anadin[/MENTION], You could place two platform volumes, set their types to Room in the details window and place the dungeon object between them. It should have those two rooms connected to the dungeon in the middle. Would that help?
                  Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

[MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION]
                    Just a little "bug".

When "Make DungeonConfig" struct is used, the default Grid Cell Size is 0x0x0. I would suggest there's either a check when the dungeon is generated or defaulted to what we see in all your videos: 400x400x200.

Took me a lot of time to pinpoint the problem.
                    Last edited by MadJackTheFirst; 05-31-2016, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Is this now available at Marketplace?
                      | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
                        Is this now available at Marketplace?
                        Not yet but I imagine it will be soon. It's been submitted to epic forever.

Comment

The day this is available on the marketplace is the day I get it! (For ease of asset management/updating). Between this and the city architect plugin, it should make world building so much faster
                          WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
                          World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
                          WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

Hi [MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION] , I know you probably hate this around this time but... 4.12 support? (OSX)

The platform volume thing you suggested seems to be working for my use case too, slowly getting there, i'm playing in 4.11 and will probably have more questions soon.
                            Last edited by AnadinX; 06-06-2016, 08:07 AM.

Comment

what is about the customers who buy it on your website when it is on the market place? can we download it without paying again? and does it work with 4.12?

Comment

Working...
                              X