No announcement yet.

Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ali great example of logic is Ziggurat and how they generate theirs dungeons.
    How to create first person shooter game from scratch. Lots of tutorials: http://www.shootertutorial.com - celebrating 50th Tutorial!

My Marketplace Assets

Comment

Hi Ali, did you solve the problem? I faced the same problem some time ago, and I solved it uninstalling the VC 2015 redistributable (X64) and (X86), and then re install the engine version from launcher again.
      pd: Excuse my English.

Comment

[MENTION=1465]Alexarg[/MENTION] Thanks for the heads up. I resolved it after uninstalling VS2015 redist and then reinstalling the launcher

I've uploaded 1.5.1 with 4.11 support for both Windows and Mac. You can download it from the website.
        Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

What is the changelog?

Comment

I believe it is just 1.5.0 compiled for 4.11, so likely no changes aside from that.

Comment

Does your plug-in work on a Mac as I develop on one and if so, is it a separate version as I only see one listed on your site? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
                [MENTION=1465]Alexarg[/MENTION] Thanks for the heads up. I resolved it after uninstalling VS2015 redist and then reinstalling the launcher

I've uploaded 1.5.1 with 4.11 support for both Windows and Mac. You can download it from the website.
                Hi Ali, could you post a 4.11.1 hotfix update? Thanks
                Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
                  Hi Ali, could you post a 4.11.1 hotfix update? Thanks
                  I was able to get the plugin to recompile against 4.11.1 by including a couple of headers and changing a few things. Haven't tested yet.

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Sorry if this has already been answered but I couldn't find a straight answer to this.
                    Is there a limitation that the generated dungeons can only use dynamic lighting?
                    Is there is a way to have lighting built for a dungeon into lightmaps at some point? (besides building the lightmaps and saving the map)

Great product!
                    Thanks,
                    Last edited by eudrea; 04-21-2016, 02:10 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION] - tried to create an account on your website to buy DA, but the captcha verification is broken. I'm eager to buy this, but want to be able to have it tied to an account to get updates. Please let me know when this is fixed.

Comment

Hey Ali,

My dungeon theme file no longer loads. It crashes when ever I try to open it.

In void FDungeonArchitectEditor::HandleGraphChanged() ActionPalette is NULL. If I create a new theme it still crashes on load. I have had a few moment where the editor froze as I was playing with the values. Perhaps I've corrupted something by forcing a shutdown via Visual Studio? I disabled the plugin, cleaned the project in VS and rebuilt - no luck. I also removed content I was no longer using but was once used in a theme file at one point.

This is a great plugin but I'm going to hold off from using it for a while:

1) I'm concerned the support isn't there. I sent an email when I had troubles downloading from your server after purchase and still haven't heard from you. I eventually found an answers website but it looked like no one using it.
                        2) I can't use it as I can't create new themes files. Don't want to be too far into a project and hit this with no support.
                        3) Would love some C++ documentation \ examples (networked game, real time generation, baked lighting(?), creating a dungeon generator)

I need to stress this is an AMAZING plugin. The video and written documentation is very well done. I'll be keeping an eye on it but it's a bit too rough around the edges for me.

Keep up the great work.

Comment

[MENTION=8030]Bino[/MENTION], I've resolved the breaking changes for 4.11.2. Sorry for the lack of response recently. I'll have a build very soon

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by eudrea View Post
                            Sorry if this has already been answered but I couldn't find a straight answer to this.
                            Is there a limitation that the generated dungeons can only use dynamic lighting?
                            Is there is a way to have lighting built for a dungeon into lightmaps at some point? (besides building the lightmaps and saving the map)

Great product!
                            Thanks,
                            [MENTION=204]eudrea[/MENTION], You should be able to create static lighting by setting your movability to static and lightmass should pick it up during offline backing.
                            Do you face any issues with static lights? I'll also confirm this from my end.

Do you mean lightmap baking for dynamic dungeon created during runtime? I don't have any plans to do that. You can use the UE4Ed's lightmass pipeline for static lighting (if you build your dungeon in the editor), or go for dynamic lighting if you are generating the dungeon at runtime while the game is running.

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
                              I was able to get the plugin to recompile against 4.11.1 by including a couple of headers and changing a few things. Haven't tested yet.
                              [MENTION=11208]n00854180t[/MENTION] I'll have 4.11.2 build out very soon. Sorry for the delay

Discord Support

Comment

[MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION] - No worries. I was very pleased to find out that the errors going from 4.11 to 4.11.1 were fixable by myself. I finally tested the changes I made to make it build last night and can confirm it works.

I suspect I won't end up moving to 4.11.2 for a minute due to another plugin that is built to 4.11.1 right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X