Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a feature request.

When designing a premade dungeon in a level, I can use the DungeonThemeOverride Volumes to give different rooms different themes. it would be great for the Runtime generation to also be able to assign random themes to 'Rooms' it generates from a list of possible themes.

Simple use case would be a Jail level where there are 3 room themes, a Prison Cell, a Store Room and a Jailer Office.

Andrew

Comment

Can I just check, can this be used for runtime generation at all? just on desktop etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
        The spatial constraints is now integrated within the theme file itself, so you can now decorate your scene with more control. Also, since it is now part of the theme file, you don't have to deal with marker emitters to make this work.

Just enable Use Spatial Constraint, choose the layout type and enter your constraints of the neighbours

/cc: [MENTION=326668]sinsdementia[/MENTION] [MENTION=10853]UppercutAJ[/MENTION] [MENTION=938]Nawrot[/MENTION]
        When will this feature be available to use? next point version?

Comment

Level that can't be traversed

We just came across this level that can't be traversed:

(Seed=13874,NumCells=100,GridCellSize=(X=400.000000,Y=400.000000,Z=100.000000),MinCellSize=2,MaxCellSize=5,RoomAreaThreshold=15,RoomAspectDelta=0.400000,SpanningTreeLoopProbability=0.150000,StairConnectionTollerance=3.000000,HeightVariationProbability=0.400000,NormalMean=0.000000,NormalStd=0.300000,MaxAllowedStairHeight=2,LaneWidth=2,MaxBuildTimePerFrameMs=0.000000,Instanced=False,InitialRoomRadius=15.000000,LightmapResolution=64,DebugStairWeight=0)

Here's the whole level:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	WholeLevel.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	421.2 KB
ID:	1102961

Here's a zoomed in image showing where a door should be:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	NoDoor.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	228.2 KB
ID:	1102962

Cheers,

Ryan.

Comment

[MENTION=11051]LuaChunk[/MENTION] Ryan I'll have a look
            Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Comment

[MENTION=10853]UppercutAJ[/MENTION] I'll release it soon

Comment

I'm working on finalizing 2.0. The reason for internal refactoring was to make it easy to add new types of builders (layout algorithms). Here's the first builder to generate levels like in the game Binding of Isaac

Isaac Builder

The demo also comes with a cam controller to move the cam from room to room as the player moves through it

The room layout can be a rectangular or have different random layouts. You can supply your own implementation and swap it from the configuration
                Last edited by Ali Akbar; 03-28-2016, 06:55 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

The Isaac builder emits markers named similar to the default builder (Ground, Wall, Door etc). So your existing themes will also work with this

Comment

Really happy to hear different builders will be easier to add.

Thanks for all your hard work Ali!

Comment

[MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION] You are Awesome! The Isaac builder is looking great! Is it possible to specify special rooms to be generated every time, but only once in a seed? Like Boss rooms which need to be spawned only once?
                      Anyway man, this will be great! WE ALL THANK FOR YOUR HARD WORK! Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Ali - can we prepare some special rooms with the generator? eg. Boos Room that you need to finish to open Portal Room? Wasn't able to find answer on that.
                        How to create first person shooter game from scratch. Lots of tutorials: http://www.shootertutorial.com - celebrating 50th Tutorial!

My Marketplace Assets

Comment

[MENTION=14714]tarr_bot[/MENTION] Thanks for your support

Comment

Originally posted by SethPDA View Post
                            [MENTION=28980]Ali Akbar[/MENTION] You are Awesome! The Isaac builder is looking great! Is it possible to specify special rooms to be generated every time, but only once in a seed? Like Boss rooms which need to be spawned only once?
                            Anyway man, this will be great! WE ALL THANK FOR YOUR HARD WORK! Have a wonderful day!
                            [MENTION=20636]SethPDA[/MENTION] Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by intoxicat3 View Post
                              Ali - can we prepare some special rooms with the generator? eg. Boos Room that you need to finish to open Portal Room? Wasn't able to find answer on that.
                              [MENTION=3164]intoxicat3[/MENTION] We'll need some kind of a logic control flow for that. I plan on creating a graph editor for defining the control flow. I'll work closely with the community with I start working on that

Comment

I'm having issues installing 4.11 (keeps getting this error in the launcher and restarts a 1.5gig download). I've already had DA ported in 4.11p8 so the changes to 4.11 shouldn't be much and I'll have that as soon as the issue is resolved.

I'll be away form home for the next two days so I'll have the 4.11 version available on Wednesday. Sorry for the delay

Comment

Working...
                                X