No announcement yet.

Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I prevent doors from spawning too close to each other? I'm looking at the Logic Selectors but I can't seem to find anything that will help me do that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	doors.png
Views:	1
Size:	297.7 KB
ID:	1101817
    Grand Guilds | Twitter | Facebook

AI Behavior Toolkit - UE4 Marketplace

Comment

[MENTION=12406]Jujaswe[/MENTION] Doors are part of the layout algorithm and are generated early in the process (from the builder) so selectors will not help

Is it undesirable because the doors overlap? If so, open up the door blueprint make their max swing angle to <= 90 so they don't overlap
      Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
        Ail by painting tool I mean something very simple:
        - new volume (or maybe variant of existing one), or just paint over existing dungeon.
        - list of all nodes created in theme designer (maybe some property there that says "expose" to painting tool, so its not cluttered by those minor nodes)
        - and ability to rotate it 90 deg (or any snapping angle), and snap as walls floor or roof, at place of selected tile.

This mainly is for "fixing" where dungeon creating algorithm messed up. Like corners, doors that open right at some decoration meshes. Adding bigger windows, painting some decorations, or painting pipes under floor. Stuff that is doable currently but its a lot of work.

And second idea, this time for mobile developers:
        They would be really happy (because 100mb file size limit hurts), to have snapshot and save of dungeon, so they could save all tiles and seed of dungeon instead of saving level unreal way. This thing could save some megabytes for them.

And yes this plugin works for mobile, just not in runtime (well maybe in runtime also but generating maze would probably take some time on phones). You can always create dungeon, then save it as normal level and remove plugin before packaging for mobiles.

This plugin is great for game prototyping, you get some tile set from market, get Dungeon architect and you can make your test map (or test maps). No need of doing new maps when you change gameplay like movement speed, you just rescale your theme, and create new dungeon fitting better. Really speeds up testing for camera, gunplay movement, AI behavior etc.
        [MENTION=938]Nawrot[/MENTION] Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into this

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by jonny2027 View Post
          Silly question but what is the piece of music in the Grasslands demo (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkYJn2egYys)
          That's Dota 2 theme music

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by JVStudebaker View Post
            hey all -

been checking this out for some time - and getting ready for purchase.

quick question to the dev. in purchasing DA - are all future updates free? i'm only asking because i couldn't find any language saying as such on your web - unless i missed it

thanks - can't wait!!
            [MENTION=140571]JVStudebaker[/MENTION] Future updates of DA will be free. It will be updated for all the major releases of UE4 (4.11, 4.12 etc) and I'll continue to improve and add new features after listening to the community. You can download the updates at anytime from the website.

Discord Support

Comment

The spatial constraints is now integrated within the theme file itself, so you can now decorate your scene with more control. Also, since it is now part of the theme file, you don't have to deal with marker emitters to make this work.

Just enable Use Spatial Constraint, choose the layout type and enter your constraints of the neighbours

/cc: [MENTION=326668]sinsdementia[/MENTION] [MENTION=10853]UppercutAJ[/MENTION] [MENTION=938]Nawrot[/MENTION]
              Last edited by Ali Akbar; 03-06-2016, 05:13 AM. Reason: typo

Discord Support

Comment

Considering getting this, it looks absolutely amazing. A couple of questions:
                - Could I use this to generate a town, with each building having an interior? Not enormous buildings, but more like little town houses, maybe two or three floors.
                - Is it suited for larger, open spaces that aren't dungeons in the traditional sense?

[Edit:] - Also, would it be possible at all to do hex-based grids rather than square?
                Last edited by Bluntie; 03-06-2016, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Awesome - great to hear!!

Comment

Holy moly, Ali i was waiting since forever for corner solution. Great stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
                      The spatial constraints is now integrated within the theme file itself, so you can now decorate your scene with more control. Also, since it is now part of the theme file, you don't have to deal with marker emitters to make this work.

Just enable Use Spatial Constraint, choose the layout type and enter your constraints of the neighbours
                      Is this update live?

Awesome updates
                      Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

You can find two farthest rooms in the map (graph theory) and use them as start / End. The Control flow graph would give you more control on that when it's done. I'll provide a helper function to find these start / end rooms that are far apart. Have that in Unity
                        Is it then possible to replace these furthest apart rooms with ones you have made in blueprints? Say you have rooms that you need to guarantee are a particular size with objects in specific locations, say like a puzzle room that isn't dynamically generated.

Comment

Created a new theme example showcasing the corner emitter feature

The art is free (CC0) and can be used in your commercial games. Credits

Discord Support

Comment

That is a nice addition to the builder! Looks great. Gonna test it out!

Comment

That would be great!

Comment

Would you folks be interested in an editor to control the high level dungeon flow?

In each node, you can attach reusable blueprint, to spawn NPCs, lock doors, spawn keys anywhere before those locked doors, spawn items after etc.
                                Opps I meant this would be great!

Comment

Working...
                                X