Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Ali Akbar Using the Snap Map Buildee and streaming levels - how can I detect when I move pawn or items from one streaming level to the next? Can I check if items is within level bounds? Can I register for some kind of event?

When I unload levels items dropped in that level drops through the floor, and items spawned by the level disappears...

Some documentation is sorely needed...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Another Question!

I'm not got marker emitter for the centre of rooms working well.

However, I have now start playing with Cluster Themes. These work very well for all the standard marker emitters, however, the room centre disappears.

On the theme preview, it works fine.

What it does seem to use the default theme for the centre emitter and the normal emitter it uses the clustered theme.

This is annoying because I wanted to use the cluster emitter to create specific rooms, however, what is in the centre of the room comes from the default theme.

I have tested it and I'm getting the same problem with Theme override volumes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Stuck again

I'm using DA to make levels that have ceilings. Now I'm having trouble with Stairs.

I can usually figure out single stairs I just use Selection Logic to not show the usual ceilings and then add a custom one above the stairs.

However, the Double stairs are a real problem to me. They are too big to use selection logic, I end us cut out the roof from all over the place and cannot remove them?

Is there any neat solution that I could use?

Thanks Again

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've done it! I found where In the theme I missed it. Thanks so much AngelV and Jondoes!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KeGId1517 View Post
    I'm still having trouble getting dungeon emitters to work.

I downloaded these and I found the emitters, I then tried to apply them to the dungeon I was working with. However, they do not seem to work.

Any idea, this is driving me round the bend.
    Have you includeed them in the Theme? To actualy spawn something? Emitting markers without utility in theme wont do anything

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm still having trouble getting dungeon emitters to work.

Originally posted by Jondoes View Post

If i remember correctly the content exemples contains something like what you're looking for (in the grassland exemple).

You can find and download those here (under "Download content pack"): http://coderespawn.github.io/dungeon...ide_2.12+.html

Hope that helps.
    I downloaded these and I found the emitters, I then tried to apply them to the dungeon I was working with. However, they do not seem to work.

Any idea, this is driving me round the bend.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by motorsep View Post
    Ali Akbar

How about generating level first, then baking lighting (basically offline levels generation, not run-time) ? How'd I need to set up my modular pieces in the sub-levels? Or should I just make modular pieces as BP actors?
    The snap map builder works on runtime and doesn't register itself for static level loads. So although you can build your snap map dungeon levels in the editor, they won't be saved as such and will be built at runtime.

The reason for this is the engine doesn't allow you to add the same level file more than once in the Levels window (for world composition). So if you have a corridor module, it cannot be reused more than once and multiple copies of the map file have to be created in the content browser if you want to stream that in at different locations. At runtime however, you can stream in the same level file at different locations as many times as you want.

Since the snap map builder supports level streaming, you can use lots of dynamic lights

Leave a comment:

• replied

So basically DA is for real-time lighting only?
    This is an engine limitation where lightmaps work only on static levels. If you build static levels with DA then you can bake your lightmaps like normal. For runtime, you need dynamic lights.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ali Akbar

How about generating level first, then baking lighting (basically offline levels generation, not run-time) ? How'd I need to set up my modular pieces in the sub-levels? Or should I just make modular pieces as BP actors?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If anyone has any suggestions on making this work, please let me know
    Another issue with them is world space coordinates - if you change level rotation during generation your lightmaps will break. We were doing static lighting generator couple of years ago and you can use it if you aren't rotating levels. But basically yes - when generating levels you should use dynamic lighting.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
    So basically DA is for real-time lighting only?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ali Akbar

I am skimming at the docs and I am not finding any notes about how to organize level for Snap builder level pieces with pre-compiled lighting (lighting has to be pre-built, but levels will be generated in real-time). Basically I need to make modular pieces (and probably loop the layout with individual pieces to avoid seams in the generated dungeon) and bake out lighting.

Could you please point me in the right direction ?
    motorsep I did some research on this a while ago and it looks like lightmaps don't work that way

When you bake your lightmaps, that lightmap is only for that (persistent) level and all the other levels that have already been statically added to the Levels window through world composition.

The lightmaps of your separate module level files wont be merged with the persistent level where the dungeon actor resides when you stream them in at runtime. You can also try this without using DA and using blueprints to stream in your module level (use the LoadLevelInstance blueprint node from your level blueprint's BeginPlay to stream in the module level at different locations / rotations) and the module baked lightmaps won't work on them

Last edited by Ali Akbar; 05-23-2019, 02:04 PM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• replied

Thanks for your suggestion!

Just tried win64 for 4.21 with default 3rd per son template (Dungeon Architect enabled), fails with exit code -1073741819 [ATTACH]n1623195[/ATTACH]

I also tried win32 for 4.21 with default 3rd person template with substance plugin and with LowEntry plugin, both succeed in packaging.

My steps are:

Open -Engine version-;

Create new 3rd person bp project

Go to project settings > packaging: Set "Shipping" and "Full rebuild"

Go to project settings > supported platforms: Untick all but windows

Go to plugins, enable DA

Restart

Package for win32 (or 64) (or Cook)

Depending on the engine version used, i get errors at different times:

4.18 & 4.19: It stops at " c1xx: fatal error C1356: mspdbcore.dll " I believe that's before any file is cooked. No crashes.

4.20 & 4.22: Error message differs, but the process is also stopped at the beginning. No crashes.

4.21: After "Execution of commandlet took: XX.YY seconds", The cooking(?) process pauses for a while, then crashes (popup window), and finally packaging fails.

Am i doing something wrong? Are there any prerequisite to DA?

Jondoes There are no prereqs for DA and it should just compile. I've seen some customers in the past have core C++ runtime errors (like in your case above with corecrt_math file which comes from windows 10 sdk)

Reinstalling Visual C++ should fix this problem. Download Visual Studio 2017 setup from here (download the 2017 version), run setup and choose repair option.

P.S. I also see this error in your blank project build logs (projlogblank420.txt)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ExtraLifeMatt View Post

Try Win64, not Win32.
    Thanks for your suggestion!

Just tried win64 for 4.21 with default 3rd person template (Dungeon Architect enabled), fails with exit code -1073741819 Uatlog421DAwin64.txt

I also tried win32 for 4.21 with default 3rd person template with substance plugin and with LowEntry plugin, both succeed in packaging.

My steps are:

Open -Engine version-;

Create new 3rd person bp project

Go to project settings > packaging: Set "Shipping" and "Full rebuild"

Go to project settings > supported platforms: Untick all but windows

Go to plugins, enable DA

Restart

Package for win32 (or 64) (or Cook)

Depending on the engine version used, i get errors at different times:

4.18 & 4.19: It stops at " c1xx: fatal error C1356: mspdbcore.dll " I believe that's before any file is cooked. No crashes.

4.20 & 4.22: Error message differs, but the process is also stopped at the beginning. No crashes.

4.21: After "Execution of commandlet took: XX.YY seconds", The cooking(?) process pauses for a while, then crashes (popup window), and finally packaging fails.

Am i doing something wrong? Are there any prerequisite to DA?

Leave a comment:

• replied

Coming back with that same issue. I verified all the engine versions and the DA versions, reinstalled 4.21 and 4.22 just in case. I also checked for VisualStudio updates, but that's up to date. I tried a couple more things:

-Packaging blank projects in 4.18, 4.19, 4.20, 4.21, 4.22: Cooking and packaging are all always successful without DA. [ATTACH]n1623116[/ATTACH]

-Packaging project with DA enabled in 4.21 : Cooking fails, exit code -1073741819

-Packaging project with DA enabled in 4.18 or 4.19: Cooking fails, exit code 5 (c1xx: fatal error C1356: mspdbcore.dll) [ATTACH]n1623114[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]n1623113[/ATTACH]

-Packaging project with DA enabled: in 4.20 or 4.22: Cooking fails, exit code 5 (Windows Kits\10\include\10.0.15063.0\ucrt\corecrt_math.h(599): error C4668: '_M_HYBRID_X86_ARM64') [ATTACH]n1623115[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]n1623112[/ATTACH]

So, i'm completely lost! I have no idea how to fix this.

I'm going to keep looking, but in the meantime, would you have any clues?

Cheers
    Try Win64, not Win32.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X