Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
    He made several tutorials and example projects, they all are on his website.

This plugin is really worth buying. Even if you cannot use it directly in your game there is code on github, so you may learn how to write your own plugin like this one that suits your game better.

So far this is best attempt at any dynamically created environment in unreal 4. So if you want it for your game forget blueprints, get C++ and source code for this plugin.
    Well, I am an artist, so I wouldn't want to be deprived from Blueprints (at least I could, if I can, use it to make random levels offline and manually edit them) :/ Eventually, when I have C++ programmer on the team, we will definitely use it for generating levels in runtime, but for now I just want to save time by using Dungeon Architect to generate levels offline. Is it not possible ?

Does the author provide e-mail support when I buy this? I wouldn't want to buy something and be left hanging without ability to ask questions and get them answered.

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
      This is one awesome project!!!

@Ali: PM'ed you with some questions.
      @motorsep Thanks! I've replied to your PM
      Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Sitrec View Post
        That sounds awesome and would be exactly what I need. Any news on when we might expect this getting fleshed out?
        Also, I just wanted to say that I'm super excited for City Architect and can't wait to hear/see more. I'd buy it immediately.

Keep it up, you're a god!
        @Sitrec Thanks! I've replied to your PM with more information

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
          Ali while your plugin is great, I would like to have some mode for direct painting of tile pieces. And I see you are about to change a lot of DA code.

I would love to have some middle way mode, where i can just pick types of tile and then paint with them.
          Something like you would do for tile based editor, that has no shape and room generation.
          Also exposing array of what i have painted (2d array of cell types i painted), to be saved instead of whole level (all meshes etc), would be nice feature for mobile games.

Yes I am aware that there are platforms and rooms, but they always pick random things. I need something that still picks random objects from theme, but gives me total control of where are those random features placed.

Totally procedurally generated dungeons, are not that hot for games really, a lot of things in game layout are very depending on gameplay and movement.
          @Nawrot, I agree it would be nice to have more features on the non-procedural tooling. For the tile painting, do you mean the paint brush tool can pick from a theme file to paint (type of tile) and then paint with that type of props (defined in the particular theme file) applied on those tiles

I tried your plugin with some test of game that had gameplay, and its very hard to make any dungeon that has interesting gameplay. That would be a totally different if i could easily paint some features over, or just make some special places manually out of ready tiles (same as used for generated dungeon).
          Could you give me some gameplay examples?

Ps. waiting for 4.11 binary to be released.
          Looks like Epic will release 4.11 by end of March

Discord Support

Comment

@iRYO400, it works on mobile

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
              @motorsep Thanks! I've replied to your PM
              Thanks! I am trying to reply and I am getting the following error: "Ali Akbar has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

Comment

@motorsep I've cleared up space. Could you try again?

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
                  @motorsep I've cleared up space. Could you try again?
                  Yep, went through this time! Thx.

Comment

Would you folks be interested in an editor to control the high level dungeon flow?

In each node, you can attach reusable blueprint, to spawn NPCs, lock doors, spawn keys anywhere before those locked doors, spawn items after etc.

Discord Support

Comment

I know I would be interested in such an editor

Comment

Looks useful to me.

Comment

+1 : it's essential to me. It can address part of the problem of a gameplay-aware procedural generation.

Comment

yes @Ali Akbar, that would be a awesome feature!
                            One use case that I don't know if is posible right now is:

>I have a locked door A.
                            >So player needs to find the Key A.
                            >Question: could I make the Key A randomly appears Before the Door A?. I mean, I need the key A accessible and not blocked by the locked Door A.
                            pd: Excuse my English.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexarg View Post
                              yes @Ali Akbar, that would be a awesome feature!
                              One use case that I don't know if is posible right now is:

>I have a locked door A.
                              >So player needs to find the Key A.
                              >Question: could I make the Key A randomly appears Before the Door A?. I mean, I need the key A accessible and not blocked by the locked Door A.
                              @Alexarg, yes that should be possible. It's simple graph theory to find a node (room / corridor cell) before the locked door cell. I used to play Chips Challenge as a kid. Levels like those could be a good test case.

Discord Support

Comment

Finished refactoring the code

DA now has a good core for future updates and is easy to extend with new builders. The editor mode tab picks up the UI and the tools (e.g. paint tool) from the builder's implementation. So custom tooling for new builders can also be defined.

I'm now working on the UI corner constraints
                                Last edited by Ali Akbar; 02-25-2016, 09:40 AM.

Discord Support

Comment

Working...
                                X