Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
    @Ali,

Noticed a minor bug btw, which you might be able to include a fix for in the next version.

If you select multiple nodes (mesh nodes for instance) it will say "Multiple Values" in the properties editor even if they are the same (e.g., position at 0, 0, 0, still says "Multiple Values").

Another bug is that when you multi-select and then change the values, it only updates the first one selected rather than all of them.
    I grabbed the Actor transform detail customizer and did some changes to work with this. The Offset now comes on top since it is an important property. Multiple values and their editing works correctly

BEFORE

AFTER
    Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Comment

I'm merging all the new changes back to the older UE4 version branches (4.9, 4,8 etc). Is anyone still on 4.7?

Comment

Version 1.5.0 is available. It's available for Win64. Mac coming soon (facing issues with Xcode after an upgrade)

Change Log (1.5.0)
        Version
        * Major improvements in the stair connection system. It has been re-written to be more robust
        * Added selector affinity override flag, so that the selector logic can optionally respect the affinity variable
        * Improved the Graph node transform property editor for multiple selections. Moved the node offset to a separate category in the details view for better usability
        * Fixed a crash issue when some actors (e.g. characters) were spawned in map using the actor node
        * The theme file can now be referenced from blueprints. This lets you switch themes on a level during runtime with blueprints. New demo added showcasing this
        * Fixed various bugs with doors, platform volumes and stairs

This build has no breaking changes.

I haven't included the other builders (Isaac builder, indoor etc) as it requires some breaking changes and will be part of the next version.

Comment

Updated the user guide for 1.5.0

Comment

Looking good, the stair improvements are welcomed.

Comment

You're Awesome! These fixes and new additions will be great!
              The runtime theme changer could be a great feature for horror games

Comment

Originally posted by SethPDA View Post
                The runtime theme changer could be a great feature for horror games
                That's a very nice idea!

Comment

Woot, can't wait to try this out - I've got my theme mostly worked out (based on the Fantasy Dungeon asset on the Marketplace), but the stair changes will make it look that much nicer.

Also, did the node for setting up markers based on what's adjacent make it in? (From this post: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post461482)
                  Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Version 1.5.0

Download will fail.
                    It will fail in about 40MB

Comment

solved
                      It has changed the browser to opera.

It has failed several times to download.
                      I've downloaded.

Thank you

Comment

Any idea of when this might hit the marketplace?

Comment

Originally posted by Mugoo View Post
                          Any idea of when this might hit the marketplace?
                          Not sure. Epic is still working on getting code plugins to the marketplace

Comment

Originally posted by Warcabbit View Post
                            Looking good, the stair improvements are welcomed.
                            Agreed! I can confirm that with 1.5 and the sci-fi topdown tileset and the theme file that comes with the plugin, the "combined" stairs and stairs/avenues leading to short, sudden dead ends seem to be fixed now. Hooray!

Comment

Have you added a way for a tile to specifically spawn? What I am looking to do is to add a BP tile to a floor tile and have it be associated with quests. This way every random generation of a dungeon will always have that related quest tile located somewhere on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaan View Post
                                Have you added a way for a tile to specifically spawn? What I am looking to do is to add a BP tile to a floor tile and have it be associated with quests. This way every random generation of a dungeon will always have that related quest tile located somewhere on the floor.
                                Alaan, you can do this with marker emitters. Once the dungeon is built, use the dungeon model to pick a room (or any corridor cell) and emit a marker with the desired name (e.g. QuestPoint). Then create a marker in your theme file ("QuestPoint") and insert your quest blueprint using an actor node

Let me know if you need it in more detail

Comment

Working...
                                X