No announcement yet.

Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone. Apologies for the lack of response.

@Variss, @n00854180t I've fixed the crash issue and the characters spawn properly. I'll release it with the next build

I guess just FYI, it looks like on your website the 'Versions supported' still only says 4.7,4.8 and 4.9
    @Variss Thanks for the heads up. I'll update the website
    Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by KingChaos View Post
      Hi Ali!
      First of, ITS AMAZING! Dungeon Architect.
      Thanks!

However, im having some truble with the stairs. Its only spawning 1 of each, 1 of normal and one 2x. Its not creating a "Stair" mesh where there should be one!
      Could you send me your theme file? I'll couldn't reproduce it locally

I also have the Scifi Hallway from the marketplace and some , if I wanted to use one texture on just one side of a mesh, say like on the inside of a building and another on the other side, is there a youtube clip of that or a guide, maybe I missed it, that explains how to do that?
      You cannot apply two materials to the same mesh unless the artist has divided that mesh into two separate sub-meshes. In your case, I'd attach two mesh nodes on the walls, one facing each side and override their materials separately. Let me know if you need a more detailed answer on this

And last but not least, when creating just a Building, not a whole dungeon, how do I go about doing that? Do I just simply set the scale lower for dungeon size, or is there another way I just don't know about yet?
      Im working on creating a SciFi inspired City, not just a dungeon, could I, in theory, Build a landscape, as normal. And then just insert multible dungeon "nodes" and create several buildings?
      Please check my response below for the building demo

Discord Support

Comment

For the building demo, I'd like to use a different approach instead of the one used in #259

I don't like the existing way of using each floor as a dungeon and stitching them together as it seems kind of a hack. Also, the default dungeon builder is for dungeons and doesn't create good floor plans you would expect to find in a modern building

Instead, I'll create a new type of a dungeon builder for building interiors where all the floors are managed by a single dungeon actor.

I plan to implement this awesome paper I read a while ago to create procedural floor plans

I'll work on this after other priority issues are resolved

Discord Support

Comment

@n00854180t I plan on creating a custom blueprint node which you can use in a marker emitter blueprint to emit markers based on the adjacent cell configuration

The node contains 9 grid positions, with the center one being tested. You can click on any of the 8 adjacent cells to change their states into one of the 3 values:
          • Tick - Cell is occupied
          • X - Cell is empty
          • ? - Ignored. Can be empty or occupied

If the configuration matches, it would emit a marker with the specified name. The test will be done with the specified configuration rotated along 0, 90, 180 & 270 degrees with the marker's orientation setup accordingly if the given configuration is found

Discord Support

Comment

@Ali Does this mean that this will be something like a floor generation in The Binding Of Isaac?

Comment

@Ali - since you're around, I asked previously if there was a way to have the "Contains Stair" node work for 2x stairs, so that both tiles in front of the stair are blocked out (e.g., for ceilings). It works great for 1x stairs but misses the other tile over the staircase for 2x stairs.

Right now I've just got it set up so it only generates 1x stairs, but that's not ideal.

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
              @n00854180t I plan on creating a custom blueprint node which you can use in a marker emitter blueprint to emit markers based on the adjacent cell configuration

The node contains 9 grid positions, with the center one being tested. You can click on any of the 8 adjacent cells to change their states into one of the 3 values:
              • Tick - Cell is occupied
              • X - Cell is empty
              • ? - Ignored. Can be empty or occupied

If the configuration matches, it would emit a marker with the specified name. The test will be done with the specified configuration rotated along 0, 90, 180 & 270 degrees with the marker's orientation setup accordingly if the given configuration is found
              Awesome! Thanks This will be really useful.
              Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Hey Ali,

I had seen you had a working demo of paper2d support. I was wondering if this is fully fleshed out and recommended? I'm currently loving what I'm seeing but I know paper2d is a tough little sport to work with since it's not fully fleshed out on it's own.
                What is your opinion of your plugin performance with paper2d ?

Thank You,
                Alex Batista
                WIP Wasabi Horizon: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...wasabi+horizon

Comment

Originally posted by Havoc View Post
                  Is there any way of defining mandatory rooms that will be placed / generated? Would be helpful for Diablo style dungeon creation.
                  This could be awesome.
                  pd: Excuse my English.

Comment

Any news on the in game level editor?

Comment

I recently dove back into this after getting my game's combat system done and think I can finally turn attention to level design. I'm having trouble getting the dungeon to replicate in two clients for multiplayer. Is there an option that I'm overlooking to get it to work?

Comment

Originally posted by Alaan View Post
                        I recently dove back into this after getting my game's combat system done and think I can finally turn attention to level design. I'm having trouble getting the dungeon to replicate in two clients for multiplayer. Is there an option that I'm overlooking to get it to work?
                        You need to replicate the dungeon configuration structure and set it in the client before building the dungeon. I'll provide a sample soon

Discord Support

Comment

@Ali Hi!, I am playing around with this plugin (pretty awesome by the way), and I was wondering if there is some way to get rooms and corridors as usual, but fixed to two axis. Thinking in a 2.5 D game. Something like this:

http://hitoken.net/wp-content/upload...mommvzakps.jpg

Thanks!
                          pd: Excuse my English.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexarg View Post
                            @Ali Hi!, I am playing around with this plugin (pretty awesome by the way), and I was wondering if there is some way to get rooms and corridors as usual, but fixed to two axis. Thinking in a 2.5 D game. Something like this:

http://hitoken.net/wp-content/upload...mommvzakps.jpg

Thanks!
                            Alexarg, Thanks for using DA. It should be possible with another builder. Its not possible with the existing one

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by SethPDA View Post
                              Welcome back @Ali and Happy New Year!

PS: Mods, sorry for off-topic
                              Thanks Seth

@Ali Does this mean that this will be something like a floor generation in The Binding Of Isaac?
                              After releasing 1.5.0, I want to refactor DA to make it better work with other builders. Right now, the Editor paint tool and the dungeon config structure is tightly coupled with the Grid based builder. After the change, it will pick it up from the builder class so builders can provide their own paint tools and have their own configurations. I did this with the Unity version and it works nicely

Discord Support

Comment

Added free modular assets for DA I created for the Unity version

Discord Support

Comment

Working...
                                X