Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bino, your answers
    #1 - Yes it can be. Could you wait till I get a multiplayer demo out soon
    #2 - Yes you can. I'm working on API documentation and will have a demo for this soon
    #3 - You can query the dungeon model, get the cell bounds of the room you are interested in and multiply the cell bounds with the GridCellSize (found in the config). Then query the object's bounds and see if it intersects the rooms bounds. paultech asked a similar question and I'll have a demo soon.
    After a good night sleep I will be purchasing. Thank you, can't wait to use this.

Comment

@Ali - is the multi level interior style dungeon available?

Also I'm wondering if there's a way to find ceiling tiles that are on the edges only, I have some ceiling meshes that have arches and I need to be able to determine which ones are on the edges/in the middle to place the appropriate mesh.

------------

Separately I want to say that the selector for excluding a ceiling tile over stairs is awesome! One thing I'm wondering is how to remove two tiles if there's a 2x stair?

Thanks bud, love the plugin!

Edit: For people wondering how to knock out a single piece of an instanced dungeon, use a Theme Override Volume with the marker you want set to nothing, works great I've used this to connect two dungeons together, knocking out the wall where my custom made staircase intersects.
      Last edited by n00854180t; 12-28-2015, 03:10 PM.
      Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Hi Ali!

First of, ITS AMAZING! Dungeon Architect.

As a new user it took some tinkering around and youtube to get it up and running.

However, im having some truble with the stairs. Its only spawning 1 of each, 1 of normal and one 2x. Its not creating a "Stair" mesh where there should be one!

I followed the tutorial on youtube but still having trouble with it. Any recommendations?

And my other question is, I was looking for the sample theme scifi0, but was unable to find it.
        After some looking around I found that I have to download it seperatly.

I also have the Scifi Hallway from the marketplace and some , if I wanted to use one texture on just one side of a mesh, say like on the inside of a building and another on the other side, is there a youtube clip of that or a guide, maybe I missed it, that explains how to do that?

And last but not least, when creating just a Building, not a whole dungeon, how do I go about doing that? Do I just simply set the scale lower for dungeon size, or is there another way I just don't know about yet?

Im working on creating a SciFi inspired City, not just a dungeon, could I, in theory, Build a landscape, as normal. And then just insert multible dungeon "nodes" and create several buildings?

Sorry for all the weird and maybe hard to answer questions.

And keep up the awesome work! Love to see what you come up with in the future!

Comment

@Ali - So I have a situation where I want certain wall pieces to only appear if there's nothing *behind* them. I was trying to set this up on the "Fence" marker emitter, but "Fence" is also emitted in the interior of rooms as walls (I'm doing an enclosed dungeon).

I really either need a separate "wall" emitter from the fence that accounts for only walls with no room or corridor behind them, or some sort of selector that can accomplish the same. Any ideas? It's a little beyond my knowledge of how to set up, selector-wise.

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

@Ali - I've sent you a few PM's but I got no answers so I'm posting here too. Your tool is amazing, it works GREAT! But I would love to generate levels like in the binding of isaac. Any ideas when the new version of DA will come out and will it feature this new dungeon generation mechanic we were talking about?
            Thanks for this awesome tool!

Comment

Hi every one I've been away from home for the past week. I'll be back in a few days and I'll address each if your issues soon
              Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Welcome back @Ali and Happy New Year!

PS: Mods, sorry for off-topic

Comment

Ali,

Great plugin, love the possibilities.

I am trying the scifi props and one thing I am noticing is that it won't create rooms on top of or under other rooms.

So far just creating the floors, it will create different levels but it will not put another floor below an existing floor or above an existing floor.

It also creates space in the middle of the dungeon, which I don't want.

Essentially, I want to build spaceship interiors, randomly at runtime, so I want confined space, all cells within that space filled and several levels with floors above and below, unless the top floor or the bottom floor.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Comment

Dude! Amazing! Just looking at the stuff you can do I'm tempted to get this, its just the price.
                    Thank you,
                    Articuno032

MY WEBSITE

Comment

The proce is well worth it in my books. I got i a few months back and more features keep getting added as we go. I'd say get it before the price goes up.

Comment

Hi, this looks amazing! Definitely worth a buy for me. Just wondering is this compatible / easy to set up for 4.10?

Edit: Went ahead and bought it anyway, and noticed the files have a 4.10 version which was great! I guess just FYI, it looks like on your website the 'Versions supported' still only says 4.7,4.8 and 4.9
                        Last edited by Variss; 01-12-2016, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Looks great! Two questions :
                          1. Does it work for 4.10
                          2. Is the final output simply a mesh that can then be individually tweaked, plopped onto a landscape, etc.

Comment

Hi Ali,

I've been playing around with the plugin and have run in to a problem running on 4.10. It seems whenever i try to add an actor node to the theme generator, the engine crashes if i try to make that actor a Character class (i can spawn pawns, actors, any other object, but anything derived from Character crashes the engine without fail).

Comment

Originally posted by Variss View Post
                              Hi Ali,

I've been playing around with the plugin and have run in to a problem running on 4.10. It seems whenever i try to add an actor node to the theme generator, the engine crashes if i try to make that actor a Character class (i can spawn pawns, actors, any other object, but anything derived from Character crashes the engine without fail).
                              I worked around this by making a Spawner class that spawns on BeginPlay. At least until Ali fixes it.

--------------

@Ali - Is there a way to figure out which side of a corridor the corridor padding is on? I want to rotate the ceiling tiles for the padding areas by 180 around Z-axis when it's on the opposite side.

Also it seems like the Selector stuff overrides the affinity setting - is there a way to make it still obey it?

Comment

Originally posted by KingChaos View Post
                                Hi Ali!

First of, ITS AMAZING! Dungeon Architect.

As a new user it took some tinkering around and youtube to get it up and running.

However, im having some truble with the stairs. Its only spawning 1 of each, 1 of normal and one 2x. Its not creating a "Stair" mesh where there should be one!

I followed the tutorial on youtube but still having trouble with it. Any recommendations?

And my other question is, I was looking for the sample theme scifi0, but was unable to find it.
                                After some looking around I found that I have to download it seperatly.

I also have the Scifi Hallway from the marketplace and some , if I wanted to use one texture on just one side of a mesh, say like on the inside of a building and another on the other side, is there a youtube clip of that or a guide, maybe I missed it, that explains how to do that?

And last but not least, when creating just a Building, not a whole dungeon, how do I go about doing that? Do I just simply set the scale lower for dungeon size, or is there another way I just don't know about yet?

Im working on creating a SciFi inspired City, not just a dungeon, could I, in theory, Build a landscape, as normal. And then just insert multible dungeon "nodes" and create several buildings?

Sorry for all the weird and maybe hard to answer questions.

And keep up the awesome work! Love to see what you come up with in the future!
                                Hi Ali.

Not to be nagging or seem like a jerk, but I´m still struggling with the Building problem. I have been trying to get a hang of it through documentation and so on, but I cant seem to get a hang of if.
                                I tried mailing you here on the forums to but alas to no avail.

Keep it Classy!

Comment

Working...
                                X