Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Ali -

Got a few suggestions for Dungeon Architect -

1. The ability to define and spawn certain actors in a theme volume would be nice.
    Especially if we could set the minimum and maximum amount of actors that we could spawn.
    This would be super useful for Monsters, Items, weapons, etc.
    Being able to set the percentage for how often the Actors can spawn would be nice too!
    2. The ability to break up our dungeons into smaller manageable chunks would be nice too so we can level stream them.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
      Hey Ali -

Got a few suggestions for Dungeon Architect -

1. The ability to define and spawn certain actors in a theme volume would be nice.
      Especially if we could set the minimum and maximum amount of actors that we could spawn.
      This would be super useful for Monsters, Items, weapons, etc.
      Being able to set the percentage for how often the Actors can spawn would be nice too!
      2. The ability to break up our dungeons into smaller manageable chunks would be nice too so we can level stream them.
      Huge yes to both of these, especially #2. Both are features that I think a lot of developers are going to end up having to build on their own, much more clumsily than if an expert does it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
        Cave Builder [Early Prototype]
        I'm working on a Cave Builder (Cellular Automata)

Early Results:

Looks AWESOME!

Comment

Originally posted by HInoue View Post
          Huge yes to both of these, especially #2. Both are features that I think a lot of developers are going to end up having to build on their own, much more clumsily than if an expert does it.
          I'd like these also .

Comment

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I'll look into this soon.

I created a demo for the cave builder (using the side scroller). The cave builder requires some more work (refining the final result with some cleanup, opening up blocked pathways etc)

Video:

I created a simple rock in blender and set it up for some nice low-poly rendering. I'll bundle the blender file along with the sample demo
            Last edited by Ali Akbar; 11-25-2015, 03:29 AM.
            Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

I just want to iterate how happy I am that you're working on this and City Architect Ali, your work on these two is directly responsible for allowing my game to have the scope I was dreaming of.

Comment

Great plugin at a fantastic price however it is poorly supported and vastly undocumented. Tutorials videos have a series of volume issues that make the author almost completely unheard.
                Emailing goes responded for weeks, it seems the only method of gather the authors attention is to post in this thread, not viable for a commercial venture.

Would still recommend but only to those that are comfortable self-supporting and digging into the code to figure out issues.

Comment

Just bought this, looks AWESOME. Keep up the great work.

Comment

How do I delete a custom placed block?

When I regenerate a dungeon, the custom blocks still exist. This makes sense, but I cannot remove them.

I couldn't find any mention in the documentation, quick skip through video tutorials

Am I missing something from my UI?

The Dungeon Architect - User Guide has a select button.

But mine does not.

Pease advise.

Thanks.

Comment

@Paultech, I'm sorry for not replying sooner. I'll work on fixing the voice issues with the video tutorials and put in more work in the documentation and support

@richardboegli This makes sense, I'll add a button to clear all the custom placed blocks. If you want to remove selective ones, you can Shift+Left Click on a cell to remove it. (I removed the Select button as it was not used)

Discord Support

Comment

@richardboegli This makes sense, I'll add a button to clear all the custom placed blocks. If you want to remove selective ones, you can Shift+Left Click on a cell to remove it. (I removed the Select button as it was not used)
                        @AliAkbar Thanks for that. I just found it in the documentation.

Hold Shift key and draw over an existing custom geometry (cyan) to erase

May I suggest you move this higher up so that it sits under the paint tool heading?

Thanks.
                        Last edited by richardboegli; 11-29-2015, 06:07 AM.

Comment

@richardboegli Thanks for the suggestion. I'll update the docs

Discord Support

Comment

Question & Answer Site

I hosted a Q&A website similar to stackoverflow/answerhub. You can post your support related questions here and I'll answer them. It is also linked with the main website's login system so your existing usernames should work

http://answers.coderespawn.com/

Discord Support

Comment

Just want to add that the one time I had a support issue, Ali was extremely helpful- he responded within an hour, and within 24 hours the issue was completely resolved.

Comment

Question & Answer Site

I hosted a Q&A website similar to stackoverflow/answerhub. You can post your support related questions here and I'll answer them. It is also linked with the main website's login system so your existing usernames should work

http://answers.coderespawn.com/
                                Great to see.

I was thinking that instead of just posting feature requests here, maybe your bug tracker could be used?
                                http://coderespawn.com/bug

Or maybe your github repo?

As a general note, I find that ideas get lost within forum threads and get repeated.

Comment

Working...
                                X