Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Thank you for the bugfix. OSX now compiles fine.
    The scifi props theme is way too dark (maybe on OSX only)?
    What is the best way to change the exposure?
    I can set it to log+4 in edit mode, but that won't do anything in play mode.
    Get your GAME done - Productivity Plugins for Unreal Engine.

    My articles in Game Programming Gems:
    Real Time Modular Audio Processing For Games
    A Lightweight Generator for Real-Time Sound Effects
    Controlling Real-Time Sound Synthesis from Game Physics

    Comment


      Loading the DeathMapMatch is giving me a Blueprint compiler error. (latest version)

      One or more blueprints has an unresolved compiler error, are you sure you want to Play in Editor?
      DA_DeathMatchMap
      Get your GAME done - Productivity Plugins for Unreal Engine.

      My articles in Game Programming Gems:
      Real Time Modular Audio Processing For Games
      A Lightweight Generator for Real-Time Sound Effects
      Controlling Real-Time Sound Synthesis from Game Physics

      Comment


        Hi Ali,

        Great plugin.

        I read that it can build dungeons at runtime and place items and NPCs, does this include enemies with working AI?
        ProBoon, Old-School FPS, Open Source & Tutorials
        Support Project Boon on Patreon

        On Steam Soon, Click Below

        Comment


          Originally posted by masterneme View Post
          Hi Ali,

          Great plugin.

          I read that it can build dungeons at runtime and place items and NPCs, does this include enemies with working AI?
          Yes it can place enemies with working AI. It can drop in level anything you can close in single blueprint. So basically anything you can spawn from blueprints.
          It also can drop blueprints like pickups or point of interest for AI. However I am not sure if you can for eg. place custom spawn volumes created in C++.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
            Yes it can place enemies with working AI. It can drop in level anything you can close in single blueprint. So basically anything you can spawn from blueprints.
            It also can drop blueprints like pickups or point of interest for AI. However I am not sure if you can for eg. place custom spawn volumes created in C++.
            So it's possible to create a game like The binding of Isaac with random dungeons?
            ProBoon, Old-School FPS, Open Source & Tutorials
            Support Project Boon on Patreon

            On Steam Soon, Click Below

            Comment


              Hey, Ali. Your program is great, but it uses a lot of ram because things are always built at runtime. Is there any way to build something, then save it as an inactive completed and merged object? I'm not really seeing a way to do it, and being able to convert it would really save effort - and make it work better with your city builder, I suspect.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Warcabbit View Post
                Hey, Ali. Your program is great, but it uses a lot of ram because things are always built at runtime. Is there any way to build something, then save it as an inactive completed and merged object? I'm not really seeing a way to do it, and being able to convert it would really save effort - and make it work better with your city builder, I suspect.
                Warcabbit, could you elaborate on type of optimization you have in mind?

                You can build the level at design time and the editor should cook your content like it normally does with other maps
                Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                Discord Support

                Comment


                  Originally posted by masterneme View Post
                  Hi Ali,

                  Great plugin.

                  I read that it can build dungeons at runtime and place items and NPCs, does this include enemies with working AI?
                  @rotwang is correct, you can place NPCs or any other actors in the map. Here is an example of an empty map where the level is generated on BeginPlay event with other gameplay stuff (NPCs, Spawn Points, Pickups etc)

                  The NPCs are aware of the generated map and move around shooting other players

                  Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                  Discord Support

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by rotwang View Post
                    Loading the DeathMapMatch is giving me a Blueprint compiler error. (latest version)

                    One or more blueprints has an unresolved compiler error, are you sure you want to Play in Editor?
                    DA_DeathMatchMap
                    Could you get the latest version of the samples?

                    Link

                    I've also changed the lighting on the dungeon theme to make it brighter
                    Last edited by Ali Akbar; 11-03-2015, 06:01 AM.
                    Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                    Discord Support

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
                      @rotwang is correct, you can place NPCs or any other actors in the map. Here is an example of an empty map where the level is generated on BeginPlay event with other gameplay stuff (NPCs, Spawn Points, Pickups etc)

                      The NPCs are aware of the generated map and move around shooting other players

                      You just blew my mind, impressive work!

                      Edit: Is there any chance to get your plugin released on the Marketplace?
                      Last edited by masterneme; 11-03-2015, 12:43 PM.
                      ProBoon, Old-School FPS, Open Source & Tutorials
                      Support Project Boon on Patreon

                      On Steam Soon, Click Below

                      Comment


                        Hey Ali I'm trying to implement custom marker emitters like in your example but for some reason the theme file is not picking up the custom marker, any thoughts on why this is happening?

                        EDIT: I got this to work, missed a field where I had to put the marker emitter in.
                        Last edited by Fusion_Pizza; 11-03-2015, 08:05 PM. Reason: Found Solution

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by tarr_bot View Post
                          Hey Ali I'm trying to implement custom marker emitters like in your example but for some reason the theme file is not picking up the custom marker, any thoughts on why this is happening?
                          In the theme file, you can register your emitter blueprint by going to the 3d preview viewport > properties > dungeon > marker emitters. The preview will then pick up the markers you define in the bp
                          Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                          Discord Support

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by masterneme View Post
                            You just blew my mind, impressive work!

                            Edit: Is there any chance to get your plugin released on the Marketplace?
                            Thanks! It's being reviewed by epic for release in the marketplace
                            Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                            Discord Support

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Peterson Oliveira View Post
                              Hi.
                              Well done to do this plugin. Is very good.
                              But I have one ask, how to enable this multi floor?
                              I bouth Dungeon Architect at 27/10
                              My version is 1.1.4 and dont have this configuration or I dont found.
                              Sorry for my english...
                              Thanks
                              I'll upload the hell forge and the elven garden themes by tomorrow as part of a new build
                              Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                              Discord Support

                              Comment


                                Oh I am SO excited to use those themes.

                                Thank you for all your hard work Ali!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X