Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Ali Akbar - Thank you very much. 8-}
    Quinton Delpeche
    Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

@Nawrot, Most of the points you mentioned can be done with custom marker emitter blueprints. I'll post samples soon. As for random stream, it's important and I'll add it. Especially if you are creating a multi-player game, every randomness has to come from a single stream (defined in the seed of the dungeon config) so all players generate the same dungeon
      Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Comment

@Nawrot, I've added random stream to the selector and transformer logic blueprint entry points.

Also created a marker emitter blueprint to get adjacent empty spaces near the created dungeon.

The emitter is configurable to go arbitrarily far. In this example, I search for points 5 cells away. It creates markers named EmptySpace for all the adjacent points. Also created EmptySpace_N for points N distance away from the nearest dungeon block

Theme File (Different coloured cube attached to each marker based on distance > red, blue, green, yellow, grey)

The marker emitter runs in linear time (i.e. it is fast and wont effect performance)

This is useful for attaching props and I'll be using it in the infinity blade fire demo

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
          @Nawrot, I've added random stream to the selector and transformer logic blueprint entry points.

Also created a marker emitter blueprint to get adjacent empty spaces near the created dungeon.

The emitter is configurable to go arbitrarily far. In this example, I search for points 5 cells away. It creates markers named EmptySpace for all the adjacent points. Also created EmptySpace_N for points N distance away from the nearest dungeon block

Theme File (Different coloured cube attached to each marker based on distance > red, blue, green, yellow, grey)

The marker emitter runs in linear time (i.e. it is fast and wont effect performance)

This is useful for attaching props and I'll be using it in the infinity blade fire demo

What about detecting the actual play space in the level?
          I mean, I want to use this to stop props from spawning in cells that have walls and/or other meshes in them that can be overlapped due to applying random transforms to them (crates rotated via the Transform logic spawning in a cell next to a wall and therefore starting the level embedded in the wall for instance).

Comment

Originally posted by dazuk1978 View Post
            What about detecting the actual play space in the level?
            I mean, I want to use this to stop props from spawning in cells that have walls and/or other meshes in them that can be overlapped due to applying random transforms to them (crates rotated via the Transform logic spawning in a cell next to a wall and therefore starting the level embedded in the wall for instance).
            Daz, is this within rooms? If so, try attaching your props to RoomOpenSpace (center of room) and use this transform rule to move the object within the bounds of the room

I'll post a sample of this with marker emitters tomorrow

Comment

A WIP theme I'm building with the Infinity Blade's fire lands assets. I'm using the marker emitter as shown in #363 to spawn larger rocks further away from the level (so that the smaller details are not lost and it doesn't block doors and smaller rocks near EmptySpace1 markers

Last edited by Ali Akbar; 10-29-2015, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Alternate version (without the caves)

Last edited by Ali Akbar; 10-29-2015, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks so much for this and the Marker Emitter example you're going to do. I will try it as soon as I can get on my computer, in between my day job, looking after my kid and eating and sleeping. I think there's a gap of about 3 minutes per day.

Cheers!
                  Daz

Comment

Hell Forge

A new theme file for Dungeon Architect using the free Infinity Blade's Fire lands asset pack. You can use this directly in your games to quickly get started

Comment

This is great Ali! I love the new features and themes you've made
                      Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

That new theme file will be alot of fun to use! Great work!

Comment

Thank You Ali Akbar for truly maintaining this cool plugin. I know you are just one man army and we demand 100ths of different things at once.

So no stress from me, I am usually blunt and writing what i think.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
                            Daz, is this within rooms? If so, try attaching your props to RoomOpenSpace (center of room) and use this transform rule to move the object within the bounds of the room

I'll post a sample of this with marker emitters tomorrow
                            Hey Ali,

Thanks for this but I copied it exactly, applied it to the Transform rule for all four of my prop types in RoomOpenSpace and when I press Build Dungeon the objects still can spawn inside walls and each other.
                            Any ideas mate?
                            Still loving this, you have made my game possible basically

Daz

Comment

Elven Gardens

A procedural dungeon generated with the free Infinity Blade's Grass lands asset pack. It showcases some interesting things you can do with marker emitters.

This is the last of the 3 infinity blade themes. I'm excited to see what you creative folks come up with

Editor rebuilding the environment around it when you change the layout

Comment

Hi.
                                Well done to do this plugin. Is very good.
                                But I have one ask, how to enable this multi floor?
                                I bouth Dungeon Architect at 27/10
                                My version is 1.1.4 and dont have this configuration or I dont found.
                                Sorry for my english...
                                Thanks

Catch the Thief, If you can! - Star Game Studios

Comment

Working...
                                X