Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question ?

You can now emit your own markers into the scene using blueprints.

Is this feature available
    in version 1.1.2

Merci

Comment

@Jmeletou2014, That level looks awesome! I've been checking out your vids in youtube a few days ago and I love to see what you guys come up with.

Thank you for creating the video tutorials and for choosing DA!

I'll release the latest build by today (you cannot emit markers in 1.1.2)
      Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Hey Ali

When you get a minute, could you explain how we can use the new markers to generate our props so that they don't collide with other props and meshes (including the room/corridor walls)?

Also, I mentioned in a previous post that my Blueprint decals spawn okay but do not display (it seems the inherited components for the box projection etc do not come in when generated via Dungeon Architect)

Look forward to spending some time this weekend iterating on my themes!

Thanks
        Daz

Comment

Daz, I have decals working in one of my levels. However you need a workaround since DA editor doesn't yet support setting actor parameters, (so you can't set the material on the decal actor from the theme graph)

As a workaround, simply create the decal you want by placing it in your main level viewport and adjusting it the way you want it to be (with materials, scale etc). Then turn the decal into a blueprint. Then add that blueprint in your graph as an actor node (you might want to check scale as it needs to be big)

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
            Daz, I have decals working in one of my levels. However you need a workaround since DA editor doesn't yet support setting actor parameters, (so you can't set the material on the decal actor from the theme graph)

As a workaround, simply create the decal you want by placing it in your main level viewport and adjusting it the way you want it to be (with materials, scale etc). Then turn the decal into a blueprint. Then add that blueprint in your graph as an actor node (you might want to check scale as it needs to be big)
            Hey, thats what I already tried. I have a pre-made decal blueprint which when I place in the level manually, works fine. But if I add that same blueprint into the theme, as you say as an actor, the decal helper icon shows up as if it has spawned correctly but it does not have the box projection or any of the other inherited components. Seems broken in mine

Blueprint is fine as I say, cos it places manually just fine.

Daz

Comment

What is the scale of the decal actor spawned by DA? Try this:
              • have DA spawn your decal actor (which seems broken).
              • Then manually drop in your blueprint in the scene (which should work when done manually).
              • Copy the transform of this blueprint on to the one generated by DA and check if it works

Discord Support

Comment

What is the scale of the decal actor spawned by DA? Try this:
                • have DA spawn your decal actor (which seems broken).
                • Then manually drop in your blueprint in the scene (which should work when done manually).
                • Copy the transform of this blueprint on to the one generated by DA and check if it works
                Oh man! Good catch
                The scale on my blueprinted decal actor was 128,256,256 (not sure why?!), and the ones DA generated were only 1,1,1 . When I adjusted them manually, they work.

Comment

Great! You can set that scale in the Offset of the Decal node in the theme graph and it should spawn with proper scale when rebuilt

Discord Support

Comment

Actors you add using the Actor Node are now visible in the theme graph viewport

Discord Support

Comment

Consolidated all the Quick Start sample files in one github repository

You can download the samples for different version of the engine, or change to the appropriate branch and clone it

Also updated the quick start guide

It contains sample for the latest infinity blade ice scene

Discord Support

Comment

Hey,

When's the version with marker emitters in it coming out mate?
                        Also my only real problem is the colliding meshes with walls and other meshes/entities now. Is this something you can build into DA (collision checking?) or at least show me a script that can do this please?

Cheers mate for your hard work, really, really brilliant work and I hope once it's on the marketplace it sells very well!

Daz

Comment

Thanks!

Discord Support

Comment

Published a new build (1.1.4)

Created build scripts to automate the generation of release builds (compile, package & upload to S3)

Changes since 1.1.2

Version 1.1.3
                            • Added backward compatibility to theme files when instanced mesh scene provider is used
                            • Added a custom Marker Emission framework. Users can now emit their own markers anywhere in the scene using blueprints
                            • Added NotBlueprintable to Dungeon actor's UCLASS macro so that the dungeon actor cannot be converted into a blueprint
                            • Fixed a crash issue in the dungeon actor if no builder is assigned.
                            • Removed the base selector and transform rule classes from the drop down list in editor as they are meant to be implemented, rather than used

Version 1.1.4
                            • Added the ability to preview custom markers within the theme editor (Theme Editor > Preview 3D Viewport > Properties > Dungeon > Marker Emitters)
                            • Added helper functions to deal with cell bounds more easily from within blueprints
                            • Added the ability to preview actors in the 3D preview viewport of the theme editor
                            • Fixed a build issues

Discord Support

Comment

Published a new build (1.1.4)

Created build scripts to automate the generation of release builds (compile, package & upload to S3)
                              I have followed this thread for a very long time, and I am looking forward to using DA if I can get some other parts of a game accomplished. I do I have a question about this quote though. "What is S3" ?

I would also like to thank you Ali for all the work you have done on this project and also thank you for your fast and friendly responses to questions and how quickly you fix issues and add features.

Respectfully,

Cliff
                              Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
                              Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

Hey Ali,

I'm trying to follow your Marker Emitter Blueprint graph and when I get to this bit:
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	MakeVector.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	1091886
                                I can't recreate the Make Vector node. I only have the green 'f' which has no way to have the main progression input/output on it. I've tried everything I could think of, turning COntext Sensitive off etc but cannot get this node.
                                How did you do that?

Daz

Comment

Working...
                                X