No announcement yet.

Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@HInoue Thanks! You can grab the current version of the Building demo from here. I requires manufacturak4's sci-fi demo pack to work. However you can have a look at the code and see how it is done. I'll clean it up with freely available assets and post a proper demo soon
    Last edited by Ali Akbar; 10-12-2015, 02:49 AM. Reason: Typo
    Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

Awesome, thank you so much for all the effort you're putting into this.

Edited to add: I forgot to ask earlier, but is there documentation anywhere about writing custom markers? Eventually I'd like to write either a literal tilemap or equivalent functionality to intelligently populate rooms and cells with props (lights, desks, treasure chests, monster spawners, etc), which seems to be a perfect use-case for them.
      Last edited by HInoue; 10-12-2015, 07:14 AM.

Comment

@HInoue, I'll update the documentation soon

Discord Support

Comment

Created a new theme that will be bundled with the quick start samples. It is based on the free "SciFi Hallways" community sample so you don't have to buy another asset to use it and I think it looks really awesome

Screens:

Updated the building sample to use this asset. Also added another dungeon actor to decorate the sides of the building, (i.e. lights, plants, wooden floor around the building where created with a simple theme file)

Discord Support

Comment

Video of the above sample:

p.s: still uploading

Discord Support

Comment

Just curious, where are you posting it once the upload finishes? Under our account purchases on your site? ^^ (Side note: this looks really neat)

Comment

Quick question. If you went into enough depth of the generation process and got good results, could you then randomize so you could walk into the same cave over and over but it's different each time?

Comment

@Xizqu could you elaborate?

Discord Support

Comment

When a dungeon is created, all the spawned actors are now placed under a dungeon specific folder to avoid cluttering up your scene outliner

Discord Support

Comment

Loops are not allowed in the theme graph as it would infinitely keep spawning items in the scene. The theme graph disallows it and displays a helpful message showing how the loop is formed

Discord Support

Comment

Added a billboard sprite to the dungeon actor

Discord Support

Comment

Instanced Mesh generator now properly supports material override.

Discord Support

Comment

I have sets of walls + grounds, each set has it's own 'theme', let's say all of 1 color (i.e. blue theme, red theme, green theme, etc). I want to create each room with a random 'theme' so that the walls/grounds do not mix in different themes in the same room. How can I set this up in the theme graph?

Comment

@morbidipus - Ali will probably be able to explain more thoroughly, but it sounds like you may be able to accomplish that by making your own selector blueprint and checking the current room to see which color was already applied.
                              Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

I just bought it, and will post more after weekend. Looks very promising.

Comment

Working...
                                X