No announcement yet.

Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure it is, he updated it last month.

Comment

Hello Ali,

Following my previous post on that matter, i can confirm there is a problem with the Z component on painted cells.
      Here's another try with props: on the right procedural cells (props are correctly placed on the ground), and on the left painted cells (props are flying in the air):

Click image for larger version

Name:	DA_Z_PaintedCells.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	247.7 KB
ID:	1772622

Regards
      Cedric

Comment

Looking for any ideas here - I have a project - C++ - and it used to compile just fine, I know it compiled a few times with DA installed but now for some reason I am getting

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
        Error Expecting to find a type to be declared in a module rules named 'DungeonArchitectRuntime' in UE4Rules, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null. This type must derive from the 'ModuleRules' type defined by Unreal Build Tool. DungeonHacker E:\VideoGameProjects\DungeonHacker\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\UnrealBuildTool 1

I can disable the plug in and it compiles fine, but if I enable and try to compile I get the error - so weird because I know it was working....

This is the latest engine version too 4.25.2 - and Dungeon Architect 4.25.0

Any ideas as to where to look? - Oh and I've already done the standard deleting of the vs, intermediate, binaries, folders and such and regenerated the visual studio code (several times actually)

Thanks for any ideas
        Every day I beat my own previous record for the number of days I've stayed alive!

Comment

I had this issue as well, it's for all plugins for code projects for 4.25.2.
          Here's the fix so you can continue!
          https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...22#post1792437
          Marketplace Packs
          ByteBombs Pickup System

Comment

Ahh perfect - thanks a ton!
            Every day I beat my own previous record for the number of days I've stayed alive!

Comment

I'm considering buying Dungeon Architect but I'd like to know one thing: I'm interested in using the Snap Map builder to build maps, but I was wondering, is there any way to pass in a variable to dictate the number of rooms spawned at a given step in the Dungeon Flow Generator? For example, I want to make a game where the number of rooms per level scales with the level that the player is at. If the player is on level 2, then 3 rooms would be generated, and if the player is on level 3, then 4 rooms would be generated. Would anyone know if DA would implement this, and if so, how? Thanks!

Comment

hey there
                i am relatively new to unreal so excuse my noob question haha

I have created a level that procedually generates a map from start and than places the player on the player start that it generates with it. works all fine so far BUT when i start the level from the menu it kind of places me at 0/0/0 ... how do i do it that it searches for the player start and than places the player there after it generated the dungeon? or would i need simple delay player spawning? whats the best way to do it?

thanks already for helping

Comment

Originally posted by bossexe View Post
                  hey there
                  i am relatively new to unreal so excuse my noob question haha

I have created a level that procedually generates a map from start and than places the player on the player start that it generates with it. works all fine so far BUT when i start the level from the menu it kind of places me at 0/0/0 ... how do i do it that it searches for the player start and than places the player there after it generated the dungeon? or would i need simple delay player spawning? whats the best way to do it?

thanks already for helping

Long story short - you should use GAME MODE to delay spawn of characters, not sooner than the dungeon finished build! Even a fixed value of few seconds. As standard game mode tries to spawn characters at frame 0 - where you dungeon start points probably doesn't exist, or by using a menu system you overwrite the game mode and logic for spawning.
                  In this tutorial, I explain how to delay spawn (it works for single-player too!) and how to control session life. There is an example project as well to use parts of my code as you see fit!

Comment

Working...
                  X