No announcement yet.

Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Level streamer has an event to notify when the initial chunks around the player have been loaded. This is useful in the snap builder where you want to spawn the player after the initial rooms around the spawn room has loaded
    Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Comment

Hi Ali...

When I am in the D_Candy_v2 theme I go to DOOR static mesh and click on TAGS under MESH DETAILS. When I put a tag in and click save and then reseed the dungeon that tag is not listed on the door (from the world outliner StaticMeshActorXXXX details). Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

UPDATE: I destroyed the dungeon and recreated and the TAGS are there correctly. Reseeding didn't do the trick.

teak
      Last edited by teak421; 03-29-2020, 04:56 PM.
      "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
      -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.24 here.

Comment

Originally posted by teak421 View Post
        Hi Ali...

When I am in the D_Candy_v2 theme I go to DOOR static mesh and click on TAGS under MESH DETAILS. When I put a tag in and click save and then reseed the dungeon that tag is not listed on the door (from the world outliner StaticMeshActorXXXX details). Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

UPDATE: I destroyed the dungeon and recreated and the TAGS are there correctly. Reseeding didn't do the trick.

teak
        By reseed, do you mean randomize? The mesh gets reused when building the dungeon, its an optimization thing. So, it might get shifted around

Comment

Posted a new update:

Version 2.18.0
          • New: Negation Volume support in SnapMap builder. This allows you to build your dungeons constrained inside a certain area, or avoid building it at certain areas
          • New: Launch Pad Sample - Multiplayer enabled SnapMap dungeons
          • New: Launch Pad Sample - Build SnapMap dungeons constrainted inside a certain area (using Negation Volumes with Reverse flag)
          • New: Launch Pad Sample - Build SnapMap dungeons while avoiding certain area (using Negation Volumes)
          • Fix: Fixed a crash issue when dungeons were built at runtime with landscape modifiers

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post

By reseed, do you mean randomize? The mesh gets reused when building the dungeon, its an optimization thing. So, it might get shifted around
            That makes sense how you do it... Thanks.

teak
            -- Willy Wonka

Comment

Hello Ali,
              thank you for the great plugin. It is the most powerful dungeon creation tool in the market and works amazing.
              Except for some few things.

In my case I am having trouble getting the spacial constraint to work.
              I am using the gridFlowBuilder and wanted to smooth corners.
              In the screenshot you see my settings and the result - none.
              When the checkbox use spatial constraint is unchecked, the model is visible.
              No matter, what combination of ignore/occupied/empty I used, it shows no effect.

Kind regards
              Christian

Click image for larger version

Name:	runde_ecken.jpg
Views:	687
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	1742828

Comment

Originally posted by chricken View Post
                Hello Ali,
                thank you for the great plugin. It is the most powerful dungeon creation tool in the market and works amazing.
                Except for some few things.

In my case I am having trouble getting the spacial constraint to work.
                I am using the gridFlowBuilder and wanted to smooth corners.
                In the screenshot you see my settings and the result - none.
                When the checkbox use spatial constraint is unchecked, the model is visible.
                No matter, what combination of ignore/occupied/empty I used, it shows no effect.

Kind regards
                Christian

Name:	runde_ecken.jpg
Views:	687
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	1742828
                make spatial constrait. you have to have
                occupied occupied ?
                occupied X free
                ? free free

Comment

Hello Ali,

I hope you're well and congrats for all those recent evolution with DA, as amazing as always !

I have two different little problems. Nothing critical, but if you find some time to have a look it would help.

1/ room corner emitter + painted cells ?
                  There seems to be some sort of interference between the painted cells and the room corner emitter.

On this scene, the room on the right is a proceduraly generated one, while the one on the left (in blue) is a manually painted one.

Name:	RoomCornerPb1.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	1749853

All the towers are emitted by the same room corner emitter, but as you can see here, the towers on the left are spawned underground:

Name:	RoomCornerPb2.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	1749854

Any idea of what could be going on ?

2/ Dungeon relocation ?
                  I'm trying to relocate the dungeon with SetActorLocation but it snaps at locations that look like the size of the grid cell.
                  So for example if my grid size is 400x400x200, i can only relocate with a precision of 4x4x2 meters.
                  The dungeon stays in place when z is between 0 and 199, and it jumps 2 m when z = 200.
                  I saw there's a variable named BuildPriorityLocation but redefining it before rebuilding the dungeon didn't have any visible effect.

I need to relocate the dungeon precisely so i can blend it nicely in a landscape.
                  Any idea of how i can do it ?

Thanks and regards
                  Cedric

Comment

Hello, Ali!
                    There's a bug that sometimes SnapMap doesn't insert doors between levels.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello, Ali!
                      Any chance to restrict level repetition in SnapMap Builder? I want to build every room in dataset only once, but it seems that some of the rooms are built 2 or more times.

Comment

Looks really good, amazing . . . <3
                        Please read, important . .

1. I make very scary horror games, it's my favorite, hard - core horror . . . . . The stuff I make is not for kids, so I don't want to work with anyone below 23 - 24, in any way, whatsoever, it's very savage, violent, so don't ask, there's no exceptions, no way, at all . . .
                        2. I have mild OCD, autism, I tend to ask many times, to make sure I'm doing things the RIGHT way, it can seem ' dismissive ', but I'm listening, to everything, no problem . .

Thx, <3 . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Wallenstein View Post
                          Maybe if you do nothing but work with this project as a level designer you get into the details eventually but ... So in short: A detailed explanation of all the functionality that can be used in BPs is necessary

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
                          There's new documentation for DA; https://docs.dungeonarchitect.com/ue4

New Video Tutorial Series [WIP]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLIY...nW7D4sZVxYampp
                          Thanks, very helpful, the new Grid Flow Theme is sick!
                          [LEGENDS of EPICATwitter / FB / YT / Vimeo discord.gg/saG3x4Y]

Comment

I wonder if this is the Dungeon Artitech they talked about in the article... If so, grats! https://massivelyop.com/2020/05/04/c...rchitect-tool/

teak
                            -- Willy Wonka

Comment

Hello !

I have a look in the documentation but could not find the answer.

In snap mode builder, when you see making premade rooms, is there any ways to say for example that a specific room has like 10% chance of spawning?
                              Or do all the room modules has an equal chance of doing so?

Also, can you bake lighting in the room modules ?

Thanks !
                              Last edited by Craze; 05-18-2020, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Hello here !

Does anyone knows if this plugin is still maintained by its creator ?

Thanks !

Comment

Working...
                                X