Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    this is so frustrating. i can only get like a 2d representation of a dungeon to show up in the viewport. can't get it to let me do much more than that. and it keeps saying the various builder classes aren't fully supported. And you desperately need to invest in a mic that will make your audio in your videos louder.

    Comment


      Cedric Thanks for the feedback, I'll explore it


      I've submitted a new update to the marketplace
      Version 2.15.0

      • New: Grid Flow Builder, a powerful new feature to control the flow and design of your dungeon layouts
      • New: Browse samples and templates using the new LaunchPad window
      • New: Added a new DA button in the level editor's toolbar to open the LaunchPad window
      • New: Updated Level Streaming framework to support multi-player
      • New: Snap Flow Editor's backtracking in the Debug View shows a blue outline around the active module
      • New: The plugin contains all the samples content that can be accessed from the launchpad, and no longer requires a separate download from the quick start guide
      • New: Removed all starter content dependencies from the samples
      • New: Updated DA Logo in the editor mode's window
      • New: Removed the HelpSystem module and merged it with the Editor Module
      • Fix: Fixed compile errors in Visual Studio 2019
      Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

      Discord Support

      Comment


        The new update has a launcher for samples and theme templates so you can access everything from a central place. it also has a powerful new dungeon buidler called GridFlow


        Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

        Discord Support

        Comment


          Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
          Cedric Thanks for the feedback, I'll explore it


          I've submitted a new update to the marketplace
          Version 2.15.0

          • New: Grid Flow Builder, a powerful new feature to control the flow and design of your dungeon layouts
          • New: Browse samples and templates using the new LaunchPad window
          • New: Added a new DA button in the level editor's toolbar to open the LaunchPad window
          • New: Updated Level Streaming framework to support multi-player
          • New: Snap Flow Editor's backtracking in the Debug View shows a blue outline around the active module
          • New: The plugin contains all the samples content that can be accessed from the launchpad, and no longer requires a separate download from the quick start guide
          • New: Removed all starter content dependencies from the samples
          • New: Updated DA Logo in the editor mode's window
          • New: Removed the HelpSystem module and merged it with the Editor Module
          • Fix: Fixed compile errors in Visual Studio 2019
          Hello Ali,

          Thanks a lot for having a look at my suggestions, and thanks even more for your incredible work on DA evolution, i can't wait to play with the GridFlow and integrate it in my game :-)
          By the way, the Simple City Builder might be "simple" in the way it seems to work with rectangle and can't produce organic cities, but it is nevertheless very powerfull already and i get wonderful results with it :-)


          Click image for larger version

Name:	2020_02_16_07.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	1722375

          Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00008.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	278.0 KB
ID:	1722376


          So again, thanks a ton for DA :-)
          Cedric

          Comment


            I'm always excited when there are cool updates to SnapMapBuilder, but any time I try to do anything for real the builder seems to always fail. I even built some extremely simple rooms using the protomeshes, and start with the simplest dungeon flow rule that goes like: Spawn -> Room and it'll spawn 2 rooms. I've made sure my Module DB is updated, played with the Collision Test Contraction, even if i try it to just do one more room beyond this, it breaks. Sometimes I'll feel I'm off to a good start and a whole dungeon flow will build but then it all will just stop working and I can't figure it out. I'm using 2.14.2 on engine version 4.22.3 - this has been a problem for me since the early days of snapmap however and I don't feel like I'm doing anything inherently wrong or missing any steps... can someone please help?!

            Click image for larger version

Name:	dacomparison.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	395.7 KB
ID:	1724390

            Comment


              Originally posted by arsonist80 View Post
              this is so frustrating. i can only get like a 2d representation of a dungeon to show up in the viewport. can't get it to let me do much more than that. and it keeps saying the various builder classes aren't fully supported. And you desperately need to invest in a mic that will make your audio in your videos louder.
              arsonist80 I'm working on a new video tutorial series and rewrote the documentation. I'll have more info on this soon
              Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

              Discord Support

              Comment


                Originally posted by uced View Post

                Hello Ali,

                Thanks a lot for having a look at my suggestions, and thanks even more for your incredible work on DA evolution, i can't wait to play with the GridFlow and integrate it in my game :-)
                By the way, the Simple City Builder might be "simple" in the way it seems to work with rectangle and can't produce organic cities, but it is nevertheless very powerfull already and i get wonderful results with it :-)


                Click image for larger version

Name:	2020_02_16_07.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	1722375

                Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00008.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	278.0 KB
ID:	1722376


                So again, thanks a ton for DA :-)
                Cedric
                Hey Cedric, that looks awesome! Thanks for sharing
                Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                Discord Support

                Comment


                  Originally posted by rctorres View Post
                  I'm always excited when there are cool updates to SnapMapBuilder, but any time I try to do anything for real the builder seems to always fail. I even built some extremely simple rooms using the protomeshes, and start with the simplest dungeon flow rule that goes like: Spawn -> Room and it'll spawn 2 rooms. I've made sure my Module DB is updated, played with the Collision Test Contraction, even if i try it to just do one more room beyond this, it breaks. Sometimes I'll feel I'm off to a good start and a whole dungeon flow will build but then it all will just stop working and I can't figure it out. I'm using 2.14.2 on engine version 4.22.3 - this has been a problem for me since the early days of snapmap however and I don't feel like I'm doing anything inherently wrong or missing any steps... can someone please help?!

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	dacomparison.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	395.7 KB
ID:	1724390
                  rctorres would you mind sharing your modules so I can test it locally? you can pm me in discord (link in sig)
                  Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                  Discord Support

                  Comment


                    There's new documentation for DA; https://docs.dungeonarchitect.com/ue4

                    New Video Tutorial Series [WIP]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLIY...nW7D4sZVxYampp
                    Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                    Discord Support

                    Comment


                      Hello everyone,

                      I have four questions

                      1. How can I fill this room here?

                      Click image for larger version  Name:	da.PNG Views:	0 Size:	584.3 KB ID:	1726877


                      2. You have rooms, can you take a random room and say exactly these walls should be placed in this room? solved
                      3 How can I spawn an actor only once?
                      4. How to make walls or something around a dungeon? solved

                      Sorry that are many question but I have no idea how to make it work
                      Last edited by Lestaaat; 02-29-2020, 01:44 PM.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post

                        arsonist80 I'm working on a new video tutorial series and rewrote the documentation. I'll have more info on this soon
                        can't wait.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Lestaaat View Post
                          Hello everyone,

                          I have four questions

                          1. How can I fill this room here?

                          Click image for larger version Name:	da.PNG Views:	0 Size:	584.3 KB ID:	1726877


                          2. You have rooms, can you take a random room and say exactly these walls should be placed in this room? solved
                          3 How can I spawn an actor only once?
                          4. How to make walls or something around a dungeon? solved

                          Sorry that are many question but I have no idea how to make it work

                          1. There's an example of decorating rooms in the Infinity Blade Hell Forge demo (you can access it from the DA launch pad button in the editor)
                          3. You can control this from the grid flow builder. This is not supported in the grid builder
                          Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                          Discord Support

                          Comment


                            I've fixed level streaming issues in the snap map builder when the level is randomized and rebuilt in the editor.

                            Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                            Discord Support

                            Comment


                              I've added rotation constraint to the snap map module. This will not cause your modules to rotate while stitching them together. (@rctorres this should also fix you issue you posted above)


                              Here's a level generated using the normal rotation support (arrows show they were rotated)
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	image_185040.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	1728392



                              No rotation constraint added. The modules do not rotate and will stitched together only by moving them around. these are great for isometric games (like diablo) or platformers or anything that requires a certain viewing angle

                              Click image for larger version  Name:	norot.jpg Views:	0 Size:	165.0 KB ID:	1728393
                              Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                              Discord Support

                              Comment


                                New video tutorial series

                                https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...nW7D4sZVxYampp

                                More videos coming soon
                                Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

                                Discord Support

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X