No announcement yet.

Dungeon Architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is so frustrating. i can only get like a 2d representation of a dungeon to show up in the viewport. can't get it to let me do much more than that. and it keeps saying the various builder classes aren't fully supported. And you desperately need to invest in a mic that will make your audio in your videos louder.

Comment

Cedric Thanks for the feedback, I'll explore it

I've submitted a new update to the marketplace
      Version 2.15.0

• New: Grid Flow Builder, a powerful new feature to control the flow and design of your dungeon layouts
      • New: Browse samples and templates using the new LaunchPad window
      • New: Added a new DA button in the level editor's toolbar to open the LaunchPad window
      • New: Updated Level Streaming framework to support multi-player
      • New: Snap Flow Editor's backtracking in the Debug View shows a blue outline around the active module
      • New: The plugin contains all the samples content that can be accessed from the launchpad, and no longer requires a separate download from the quick start guide
      • New: Removed all starter content dependencies from the samples
      • New: Updated DA Logo in the editor mode's window
      • New: Removed the HelpSystem module and merged it with the Editor Module
      • Fix: Fixed compile errors in Visual Studio 2019
      Dungeon Architect | Prefabricator

Discord Support

Comment

The new update has a launcher for samples and theme templates so you can access everything from a central place. it also has a powerful new dungeon buidler called GridFlow

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post
          Cedric Thanks for the feedback, I'll explore it

I've submitted a new update to the marketplace
          Version 2.15.0

• New: Grid Flow Builder, a powerful new feature to control the flow and design of your dungeon layouts
          • New: Browse samples and templates using the new LaunchPad window
          • New: Added a new DA button in the level editor's toolbar to open the LaunchPad window
          • New: Updated Level Streaming framework to support multi-player
          • New: Snap Flow Editor's backtracking in the Debug View shows a blue outline around the active module
          • New: The plugin contains all the samples content that can be accessed from the launchpad, and no longer requires a separate download from the quick start guide
          • New: Removed all starter content dependencies from the samples
          • New: Updated DA Logo in the editor mode's window
          • New: Removed the HelpSystem module and merged it with the Editor Module
          • Fix: Fixed compile errors in Visual Studio 2019
          Hello Ali,

Thanks a lot for having a look at my suggestions, and thanks even more for your incredible work on DA evolution, i can't wait to play with the GridFlow and integrate it in my game :-)
          By the way, the Simple City Builder might be "simple" in the way it seems to work with rectangle and can't produce organic cities, but it is nevertheless very powerfull already and i get wonderful results with it :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020_02_16_07.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	1722375

Name:	HighresScreenshot00008.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	278.0 KB
ID:	1722376

So again, thanks a ton for DA :-)
          Cedric

Comment

I'm always excited when there are cool updates to SnapMapBuilder, but any time I try to do anything for real the builder seems to always fail. I even built some extremely simple rooms using the protomeshes, and start with the simplest dungeon flow rule that goes like: Spawn -> Room and it'll spawn 2 rooms. I've made sure my Module DB is updated, played with the Collision Test Contraction, even if i try it to just do one more room beyond this, it breaks. Sometimes I'll feel I'm off to a good start and a whole dungeon flow will build but then it all will just stop working and I can't figure it out. I'm using 2.14.2 on engine version 4.22.3 - this has been a problem for me since the early days of snapmap however and I don't feel like I'm doing anything inherently wrong or missing any steps... can someone please help?!

Name:	dacomparison.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	395.7 KB
ID:	1724390

Comment

Originally posted by arsonist80 View Post
              this is so frustrating. i can only get like a 2d representation of a dungeon to show up in the viewport. can't get it to let me do much more than that. and it keeps saying the various builder classes aren't fully supported. And you desperately need to invest in a mic that will make your audio in your videos louder.
              arsonist80 I'm working on a new video tutorial series and rewrote the documentation. I'll have more info on this soon

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by uced View Post

Hello Ali,

Thanks a lot for having a look at my suggestions, and thanks even more for your incredible work on DA evolution, i can't wait to play with the GridFlow and integrate it in my game :-)
                By the way, the Simple City Builder might be "simple" in the way it seems to work with rectangle and can't produce organic cities, but it is nevertheless very powerfull already and i get wonderful results with it :-)

Name:	2020_02_16_07.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	1722375

Name:	HighresScreenshot00008.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	278.0 KB
ID:	1722376

So again, thanks a ton for DA :-)
                Cedric
                Hey Cedric, that looks awesome! Thanks for sharing

Discord Support

Comment

Originally posted by rctorres View Post
                  I'm always excited when there are cool updates to SnapMapBuilder, but any time I try to do anything for real the builder seems to always fail. I even built some extremely simple rooms using the protomeshes, and start with the simplest dungeon flow rule that goes like: Spawn -> Room and it'll spawn 2 rooms. I've made sure my Module DB is updated, played with the Collision Test Contraction, even if i try it to just do one more room beyond this, it breaks. Sometimes I'll feel I'm off to a good start and a whole dungeon flow will build but then it all will just stop working and I can't figure it out. I'm using 2.14.2 on engine version 4.22.3 - this has been a problem for me since the early days of snapmap however and I don't feel like I'm doing anything inherently wrong or missing any steps... can someone please help?!

Name:	dacomparison.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	395.7 KB
ID:	1724390
                  rctorres would you mind sharing your modules so I can test it locally? you can pm me in discord (link in sig)

Discord Support

Comment

There's new documentation for DA; https://docs.dungeonarchitect.com/ue4

New Video Tutorial Series [WIP]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLIY...nW7D4sZVxYampp

Discord Support

Comment

Hello everyone,

I have four questions

1. How can I fill this room here?

Click image for larger version  Name:	da.PNG Views:	0 Size:	584.3 KB ID:	1726877

2. You have rooms, can you take a random room and say exactly these walls should be placed in this room? solved
                      3 How can I spawn an actor only once?
                      4. How to make walls or something around a dungeon? solved

Sorry that are many question but I have no idea how to make it work
                      Last edited by Lestaaat; 02-29-2020, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Akbar View Post

arsonist80 I'm working on a new video tutorial series and rewrote the documentation. I'll have more info on this soon
                        can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Lestaaat View Post
                          Hello everyone,

I have four questions

1. How can I fill this room here?

Click image for larger version Name:	da.PNG Views:	0 Size:	584.3 KB ID:	1726877

2. You have rooms, can you take a random room and say exactly these walls should be placed in this room? solved
                          3 How can I spawn an actor only once?
                          4. How to make walls or something around a dungeon? solved

Sorry that are many question but I have no idea how to make it work

1. There's an example of decorating rooms in the Infinity Blade Hell Forge demo (you can access it from the DA launch pad button in the editor)
                          3. You can control this from the grid flow builder. This is not supported in the grid builder

Discord Support

Comment

I've fixed level streaming issues in the snap map builder when the level is randomized and rebuilt in the editor.

Discord Support

Comment

I've added rotation constraint to the snap map module. This will not cause your modules to rotate while stitching them together. (@rctorres this should also fix you issue you posted above)

Here's a level generated using the normal rotation support (arrows show they were rotated)

Name:	image_185040.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	1728392

No rotation constraint added. The modules do not rotate and will stitched together only by moving them around. these are great for isometric games (like diablo) or platformers or anything that requires a certain viewing angle

Click image for larger version  Name:	norot.jpg Views:	0 Size:	165.0 KB ID:	1728393

Discord Support

Comment

New video tutorial series

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...nW7D4sZVxYampp

More videos coming soon

Discord Support

Comment

Working...
                                X